Categories > Anime/Manga > Yami no Matsuei > Cherry Bomb

Snowy City Day

by Noizchild 0 reviews

Tsuzuki and his family spend Christmas Eve walking around the city.

Category: Yami no Matsuei - Rating: R - Genres: Humor,Romance - Characters: Tsuzuki - Published: 2020-05-13 - 627 words - Complete

0Unrated
Chapter /Thirty-Seven: Snowy City Day:/

7:45 a.m.

Tsuzuki and Shouto walked into the living room. Both women were asleep on the couch. Tsuzuki cleared his throat. The women jerked awake.

"Hi," Shouto said. "Sleep well?" Anna blinked for a moment.

"Huh? Oh, it's you," she said. Tsuzuki leaned in.

"You've been asleep out here for quite some time," he whispered. Anna gave him a blank stare.

"Did I?" she asked. Tsuzuki helped her up. Shouto leaned in and kissed Annabelle on the forehead.

"I'm off today," he whispered. His wife's eyes lit up. She kissed him on the lips. Shouto chuckled and kissed her again. Tsuzuki watched them, planning. He pulled Anna into his arms. She looked up but said nothing. The wheels began to turn in her husband's head.

9:28 a.m.

"Feels so good to get out," Tsuzuki said. He stretched his arms above his head.

"We were out yesterday," Anna said.

"I know," he said. "But it still feels good."

"Right," she said. "So what are we doing now?"

"What do you want to do first?" he asked.

"I don't know," she said. Tsuzuki frowned.

"Oh come on," he said. "Let's have fun."

"This was your idea," Anna said. "What do you want to do?" The shinigami paused. Only one thing came to mind.

"Can we just go for a walk?" Tsuzuki asked.

"That's fine with me," Anna said.

"Sound good to you?" Tsuzuki asked Kirika-chan. The baby cooed and giggled.

"Well then, that's settled," Tsuzuki said. "Let's get going." Manhattan looked nice on foot in the snow. Everyone rushed around for last-minute Christmas shopping.

"Why are there so many kids out today?" Tsuzuki asked.

"Christmas Eve," Anna said.

"Huh?" he asked.

"Kids are always out for weeks around Christmas in America," his wife explained.

"But why?"

Anna shrugged. "I can't tell you. It surprised me when I first came to live here." She looked over at Tsuzuki.

"I bet you were in for a shock."

"Uh-huh."

They stopped at a crosswalk. Anna looked up at the thick snowflakes falling from the sky.

"Another snowy Christmas," she said. She turned to Tsuzuki.

"What will you do about work?" Anna asked. Her husband nervously whistled.

"Asato," she said sternly. The signal changed to walk. Tsuzuki took off as fast as he could.

"Asato!" Anna shouted. She took off running after the shinigami. Tsuzuki didn't look back. Kirika-chan whimpered in her mother's arms.

Anna had to chase Tsuzuki for about eight blocks. He wouldn't let up either. Anna growled.

"Come back here!" she shouted. The woman finally caught up with her husband. Tsuzuki turned around, grinning. Anna glared at him.

"Why did you do that?" she asked. He tried not to laugh as he shrugged. Anna shook her head.

"I'm being serious here," she said. "I don't want you to lose your job." He gently tapped her on the cheek.

"It will be okay," Tsuzuki whispered. "We will be fine." His wife frowned.

"Aw, come here," he said. The shinigami pulled her to his chest. He kissed her atop her head.

"There," Tsuzuki said. "I'll talk to them when we get home."

"It's still too much," Anna said. "I don't want you to get in trouble."

"It will be fine," Tsuzuki said. He turned to their daughter.

"Daddy won't lose his job," he whispered. "We will enjoy our vacation. When get home, everything will be fine." The shinigami turned back to Anna.

"Isn't that right?" he asked.

"Uh… yeah, yeah," she said, nodding. "Sure we will." Tsuzuki perked up.

"Great! Shall we get going?" he asked. The shinigami held out his hand. Anna shrugged and took it. What else could she do? Meanwhile, Tsuzuki smiled to himself. He was going to enjoy Christmas in a few hours.
Sign up to rate and review this story