Categories > Original > Essay

HOW TO SOLVE DATA PROTECTION CHALLENGES FOR ENTERPRISES?

by nygci 0 reviews

We have earned a 789th position on the prestigious 2015 Inc 5000 list.Our major capabilities include IT Professional Services, Data Protection Services and Enterprise Application Services.We always...

Category: Essay - Rating: G - Genres: Crossover - Published: 2020-05-19 - 613 words

0Unrated
What is data protection and Why is it important?

""Data protection":" is the process of safeguarding important information from corruption, compromise, or loss. The importance of data protection increases as the amount of data created and stored continues to grow at unprecedented rates. There is almost close to 80% rise in the number of cyber-attacks against financial institutions in the last year. Financial institutions are attacked almost 300% more than any other type of company or industry.

Principles of data protection

The key principles of data protection are to safeguard and make available data under all circumstances. The term data protection is used to describe both the operational backup of data and business continuity/disaster recovery (BC/DR). Data protection strategies are evolving along two lines: data availability and data management.

What are major Data protection challenges to enterprises?

Data privacy and protection is not an easy task. Security professionals must classify data by risk and ensure that the data (both sensitive and personally identifiable information) is protected with appropriate security technologies and strategies.

5 Biggest Challenges in Data Protection:

The growth of data is exponential
Cost of maintaining data privacy
The number of open vulnerabilities
Business continuity risks.
Financial impact of human error.
Data has powered our biggest and most rewarding advancements and technologies over the last decade. But, there’s a real challenge with protecting consumer data privacy and preferences today. To understand the impact and importance of global data privacy, one should first understand the biggest challenges the organization might face in data privacy and protection.

Can On premises or Cloud Data Protection Overcome the Challenges?

Technology improvements increase the adoption of data protection solutions, either on cloud or on premises network. NYGCI explains that 90 percent of medium to large businesses are using industry leading data protection services.

End-to-End Protection Reduces Data Loss Risk-Data protection software uses industry standard encryption algorithms. Multiple encryption points eliminate concerns about data security over public and private networks. Data is encrypted at the source, in transit, and at rest in the cloud. Security is significantly enhanced when compared to legacy backup solutions.

Centralized Management Improves Reliability and Reduces Expenditures-Data protection platform centralizes resources, improving security and reliability of backup tasks. NYGCI computing services team transfer backups from multiple offices to a central repository for easy, more cost-effective management.

Automated Processes Speed Recovery on cloud-On-premises or public cloud data protection improves recovery reliability by eliminating hardware dependencies and time-intensive, expensive manual processes, automating tasks. Duplication and compression techniques reduce the volume of data traveling across the network. Greater reliability ensures you are restoring the right data quickly with minimal dependencies.

How NYGCI can provide data protection and management services for enterprises:

Our computing services are designed to protect critical business data from undesired access and mishandling and secure a large volume of data (blocks & files) from deletion, viruses, and theft. We assist businesses with data protection

Comprehensive backup, recovery & replication
RCA of failed backups and remediation
Design, implement and optimization services (Automation, RCA, Upgrades, etc.)
Data restoration services
Disaster recovery testing & support
Facilitated tape management
24×7 access to managed services experts
Data protection services go hand in hand with network security and other cyber-security services to keep companies aware of threats, safe from attacks, and prepared to respond in the event of an incident. Businesses can deploy data security software and backup software in lieu or in addition to data security services to maximize their protection efforts.

NYGCI help customers avoid data loss and associated downtime with a data monitoring solution that improves backup success rates and data restoration capabilities. Our managed service focuses on the day-to-day activities required to keep a customer’s important data protected and recoverable.
Sign up to rate and review this story