Categories > Movies > Lion King > The Lion King 4 Dawn of A New Era

Chapter 4

by TLK4DawnofANewEra 0 reviews

An ongoing story about Kovu and Kiara's reign, and the trials and tribulations throughout. Including accepting hyenas into The Pride Lands.

Category: Lion King - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Romance - Published: 2020-06-10 - 1155 words

0Unrated
Chapter 4

"Aw, that was cute." Rani said.

Kion blushed a bit more. "Yeah … I … I guess it kind of was cute …"

Rani smiled and started to stand up. Kion panicked slightly and helped steady her. "Are you sure you're okay to stand?"

"Yeah,I'm feeling a lot better now." Rani said. "I think we can head home now."

Kion frowned a bit more. "Okay, if you're sure you'll be fine."

"I will be." Rani said, managing to take a step forward. "We can stop and rest if we need to."

"All right." Kion said, standing by her side. He looked over at Kiara. "Thanks again for everything."

"No problem," Kiara said, giving Kion a soft nuzzle. "You're both welcome here anytime."

"Thanks Kiara." Kion looked over at Rani who was close behind.

They exited the den and made their way down Pride Rock.

Kiara let out a small sigh when they left.

"Hey, you all right?" Kovu asked, sitting beside her.

"Yeah, I'm fine." Kiara said, forcing a smile. "It's just that … so much has happened in the last few days …. I guess I'm just a little stressed out …"

"It's okay, I'm stressed too." Kovu said before giving her cheek a small lick. "It's weird,you know, .. being king … Especially after … everything …"

Kovu shivered a bit at the memories.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

My father said to never turn your back on an Outsider!

I now see the path to our glorious return to power!

Sleep my little Kovu, let your dreams take wing. One day when you're big and strong, you will be a king.

What is your destiny!?

I will avenge Scar …. Take his place in The Pride Lands …

I humbly ask to join your pride.

No! You were banished with the other Outsiders!

He wasn't my father, but he's still part of me …

Zira had a plot, and I was part of it, but I don't wanna be! Because … it's because I love you ...

Well done Kovu, just like we've always planned.

Exile!

Deception! Disgrace! Evil as plain as the scar on his face!

He is not one of us! He has never been one of us! He is not one of us! Not our kind!

Someone once lied to us, now we're not so blind!

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

"Kovu?" Kiara's voice broke Kovu out of his intrusive thoughts.

"Yeah?" He asked, sounding still out if it.

"Are you okay?" She asked, frowning.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

What's wrong?

Nothing ….

Kovu …

It's just that my whole life I've been trained to …. Nothing ….. I gotta go ….

Kovu … wait!

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

"Yeah. I'm fine." Kovu said. "I'm just not used to the whole royalty thing yet. It's just kind of weird being bowed to, and being called your highness and stuff."

Especially by an antelope who called you a disgrace …

"Yeah, pretty surreal huh?" Kiara let out a nervous chuckle before relaxing into Kovu's mane. "I'm sure we'll get used to it."

"I sure hope so." Kovu sighed.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

The Outlands were believed to be fully abandoned by this point, having the same fate as The Elephant Graveyard. The only remaining residents were all the termites, still scurrying through their mounds.

However that just made it prime real estate for more animals to move in.

A small cackle of hyenas shuffled in, looking around anxiously.

"Is it safe,Aiube?" A male hyena whimpered.

The leader went over to a pile of bones and sniffed it. There was a vague scent of lion, but it was faded enough for her to know they hadn't been here in a long time.

"I think so, Hofu." She said, going back to him.

Three other hyenas peaked out from behind Hofu, still unsure of their surroundings.

"We'll be safe here." Aiube said, going over to them. "There's no fresh scents here. I think it's abandoned."

"The hunting grounds don't look too promising …" One of the hyenas growled out slightly.

"Maybe not, Jeuri, but it's safe and that's all that matters." She said to him, before turning to the others. "Kidogo, Utii, what do you think?"

"I think it's great!" Utii spoke up right away, as she bounded up to Aiube's side.

"Yeah it's … nice …" Kidogo said, looking around still a bit unsure about her surroundings.

"We still don't have any food." Jeuri pointed out, rolling his eyes.

"We'll find some. " Aiube said. "I could scavenge if you'd look for a proper den for us Hofu?"

"Yes, of course!" He said, already trying to scout a place.

Aiube went off, sniffing around for any scrap of food.

The main area of The Outlands didn't really offer anything besides old bones, or termites. They couldn't live off pieces of bone and bugs … at least not if they wanted to survive that was.

Letting out a growl of desperation, she started digging, hoping to find something burrowed in the ground.

Instead she found a loose root.

Aiube sighed and started chewing on it, hoping it might subside her cravings, even if just a little. She gripped it tightly in paws and bit deeply into the wood. It felt nice against her teeth, tricking her brain for the moment into thinking she'd found a meal.

Once she was done, Aiube dropped the root and headed onward. Eventually she came across a small swamp, connecting to the other side of the territory.

Aiube paused in front of the water and examined it. Slowly, she dipped her paw in. It's shallow enough that I can wade through it.

She slowly entered the water and made her way through. She had just barely made it halfway across when she heard deep snarling.

Panicked Aiube looked around to see dozens of small yellow eyes on her. A crocodile lifted his head above the water and snarled.

Quickly looking around, Aiube caught sight of a rock and splashed her way over. Her paws were wet, making it hard to get a grip on the rock. Her paws slipped and she fell under the swamp water.

Up above her, she could see the crocodiles circling around where she'd fallen. Aiube desperately tried to paddle her way from the circle, but caught the eye of another crocodile in the process.

The crocodile lunged forward, gripping the hyena's leg in his mouth. She bit down on her lip in pain as she tried to free herself. With a rough jerk she was able to get out of his grasp. Up above her was a branch.

Aiube swam to the surface, grabbing onto the branch as tightly as she could. She put her front paws on it first, before pulling her hind legs up too, wincing when her injured leg was surfaced.

Hesitant she looked down to see a red tint in the water, and a massive wound on her leg. The crocodiles circled around her, snapping their jaws.

Aiube shimmied her way up the branch, landing in a patch of grass above. She groaned as her head hit the ground and she lost consciousness.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Sign up to rate and review this story