Categories > Anime/Manga > Yami no Matsuei > Hokkaido Story

Feeling Like Home

by Noizchild 0 reviews

Anna tells Airi about the "glass box" after realizing her life has come together.

Category: Yami no Matsuei - Rating: R - Genres: Drama - Published: 2020-07-30 - 276 words - Complete

0Unrated
Chapter Twelve: Feeling Like Home:

Meanwhile, Anna watched the snow outside. She smiled to herself. It's been a crazy journey. Thirty-four years old and everything came together. Marriage, a daughter, a job, peace of mind, good friends, and a loving family.

She rolled over onto her back and reached toward the ceiling.

"It's gone," she said.

What's gone?

Anna smiled to herself. "I didn't tell you, did I?"

Tell me what?

The handler chuckled. "Oh. It's story time, I guess. Alright then." Anna dropped her hand to her side.

"You remember when Papa died, right?"

Sort of.

"Well after his death, I ended up in California. I didn't know anyone there. I couldn't connect with anyone. College was awkward."

Yeah.

"Even in photography was comfortable."

So why did you stay?

Anna shrugged. "I don't know. I just felt like I had to stay. They were really nice. And it gave me something to do."

Hm…

"Anyway, Becky and them called my isolation my glass box. I was there but untouchable." She smiled to herself.

"But then the cracks came through when I met Asato-kun again." Anna rolled over onto her side. The snow slowed down for the day. It was nice to see Tsuzuki and Kirika-chan spending time together.

It sounds dumb to me.

"Hm? Why is that?"

It just is.

"Heh. I don't expect you to understand." Anna let her mind wander off. Looks like another snowstorm will be coming. Father and daughter will be fine. Lunch should be in a couple of hours. Anna drew her eyes closed. Her last thought before falling asleep was of what Tsuzuki and Kirika-chan were up to now.
Sign up to rate and review this story