Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > I Remember

Chapter 7

by LOVELA 0 reviews

I remember when we were lost in innocence and then innocence was lost.

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: R - Genres: Drama - Warnings: [R] [V] [X] - Published: 2006-09-25 - Updated: 2006-09-26 - 1042 words

1Original
Pete sat in my desk chair as I put on my makeup. This was a routine that had gone on many times before.

"So where is your mom this time?" he asked fiddling with something on my desk and spinning around in circles. He was wearing his tightest pair of jeans yet.

"I dunno. Austin maybe," I said trying to make sure I didn't smudge my eye-liner. My mom was always out of town due to her job, so I was home alone for a majority of the time.

Pete watched me closely as I put on my eyeliner.

"What Pete?" I asked not looking at him, but continuing to apply my eye-liner.

"Can I have some?" he asked. I looked at him through the mirror and then down at my eyeliner.

"You want some eyeliner?" I asked him not really sure what he was asking for.

"Yeah," he said simply. "I don't know how to put it on, but maybe you could," he said watching me closely, not really sure what my reaction was going to be.

"Sure," I said and shrugged. It wasn't uncommon at all to have boys wear eye-liner, especially at a rave.

"Ok, so where do you want me?" he asked perking up a bit.

"Right there," I said walking over to him.

"Ok," he said sitting up straight.

"Go like this," I said elongating my face. He looked at me and did the same.

"Like this?" he asked.

"Yeah," I said trying to apply the liner. It was more difficult to put it on another person. My hand couldn't get the right angle.

"You know what, I'm going to have to straddle you," I said straddling his lap. Our bodies were pressed close together.

"Ok?" he said now confused.

"My hand wouldn't make the proper angle. Do you want this to look good?" I asked after he was still giving me an odd look.

"Darling, none of this could possibly look good," he said laughing a little out of the situation. We had our giggle with me still sitting on his lap.

"Shut up and sit still," I said continuing to put liner on. I could feel his breathing on my neck and I had physically got goosebumps. I don't know if he noticed, but I don't know how he couldn't.

"Done," I said leaning back and looking at my masterpiece.

"Well?" he asked looking unsure and trying to read my expression.

"Very hott," I said sounding impressed.

"Cool," he said smiling. I just looked at him and smiled back. Things had been ok between us since the fight, but it always seemed as though a tension had been lingering in the air.

"Are you going to get off of me?" he asked giving me a confused look.

"Yeah, just making sure the lines were straight," I said blushing fiercely and swinging my leg off of him. He got up and looked in the mirror.

"Oh yeah. I'm a sex god," he said examining his eyes closely.

I just rolled my eyes and walked into my closet to change.

-------------------


Ady, Andy, and Joe pulled up to my house around 7:00. I had on a black halter top and some jeans. Pete followed with a tight black t-shirt and his tight jeans. We got into the back of the car with Joe.

"Pete, very sexy with the liner," Ady said impressed.

"Thanks, Izzy helped," he said squeezing my thigh. I again got goosebumps. It had been pretty obvious to me that I adored this kid, but I had been too scared to ever admit it due to the fact that he was my best friend, and I would die without him.

"Yeah, I must say. You look hott," Joe said from the other side of me. We all laughed at him. He was already high and getting to the giggly stage. It was going to be an interesting night.

We followed the map to the rave, which was in the middle of nowhere. That was usually where raves were held; the middle of nowhere. Pete grabbed my hand as we walked up to the doors. This was nothing new. We held hands all the time. Joe had already run inside and started his attempt at running a muck. Pete and I went to the kegs in order to get some beer before the kegs were cashed. The music was loud and the lights were shinning at all directions. Pete continued to get hit on by both guys and girls. I could tell he liked the attention. He may not admit it now, but it was noticeable in his eyes.

Pete and I just stood by and watched all the people flittering about. Most were high on E and looked as though they were at the happiest place on Earth. Pete would make a comment to me every once in a while about someone who walked by. It was a common display for Pete and me. That was our favorite past time. We would always find time to go people watching and make general observations. It always made me wonder what people would say about us when we walked past others who were people watching.

Pete and I were deep in some conversation about the candy necklaces that people were wearing when it suddenly felt as though my arm was being ripped from its joint. I looked over to see Ady pulling me in towards the sea of people. I looked back to see Pete and Andy standing there waving back at me. I had no prayer now. Once I was in the grasp of a very drunk Ady, there was no return. She wanted to dance, and by God, we were going to dance.

As we were dancing, I would catch glances of Pete staring our way. He and Andy were having a casual conversation, but Pete's eyes never left our direction. I was having difficulties determining whether he was looking at me or not. I would turn to see if other girls were by us that would catch his eye, but no one stood out to me. Pete's long gazes were giving me butterflies. Even after two years, I still found this boy to be completely adorable.
Sign up to rate and review this story