Categories > TV > JAG > Love Conquers All

Settling In

by Ew11581 0 reviews

In this chapter, Mac and the girls move into their new home, and Lanie and Chloe start at their new schools. Big changes for the family.

Category: JAG - Rating: PG - Genres: Drama - Published: 2020-09-11 - 1487 words - Complete

0Unrated
Here's the next chapter. It's moving day in this chapter. Hope you all enjoy and thanks for your support.

During breakfast later that week, Mac announced, "I signed the papers for the house yesterday. The one we all agreed on. We will move in next Saturday."
The girls sqealed causing Jingo to bark. Then Chloe asked, "So we can each have our own rooms now?"
Mac chuckled and continued, are three for you guys to choose from. Then the other two besides the master bedroom will be a guest room and my home office. Soooo.... I was thinking that today we could all go shopping and chose decor together."
"That would be so cool!" Lanie exclaimed, bouncing up and down in excitement.
"Hey, lets go plan!" Chloe suggested, grabbing her hand and running with her back to the bedroom.
"Hold it, you two," Mac ordered. The minors froze in their tracks and looked back at their guardian.
"Finish your breakfast first and take care of your dishes. Then you may plan and design all you want," Mac told them firmly.
The girls grinned sheepishly and Lanie obediently replied, "Yes, Ma'am."
Chloe and Lanie returned to the table and gulped down the rest of their food. Chloe took both sets of dishes and washed them before putting them in the drainer. Lanie grabbed her hand after she was finished and pulled her to their room.
While they were gone, Mac grabbed her phone and dialed her favorite number.
"Hey Mac. How's my favorite Jarhead?" answered the voice on the other end.
Mac had to smile at that. "Hey Sailor. We're going shopping for home decor and bed and bath supplies today. Care to join us? We could use a male point of view on decor."

The opportunity to spend more time with Mac doing anything was extremely appealing, and Harm didn't hesitate for even a second. "Absolutely. Give me twenty minutes."
Mac's heart pounded in anticipation. "Ok,Harm. See you soon."
They hung up and Mac went to her bathroom to get ready. Twenty minutes later, there was a knock on the door. Mac answered and gave Harm a kiss.
"Thanks for tagging along with us today," Mac murmured pulling the commander close.
Harm smiled seductively. "Anything for you,Colonel."
"Well,we're together now so you should probably be involved in setting up the master bedroom." was Mac uttered softly as she stepped even closer.
"Oooooh.I want a say in the bedding for sure. I will probably be spending plenty of time there. At least I hope," Harm replied slyly.
"Oooh. I think we can work something out there," Mac purred, sidling up to her boyfriend, only to be pulled in for a passionate kiss.
"EWWWWW!" two voices interupted the moment. Harm and Mac all but jumped apart and turned to face the spies.
"I thought you two were planning in your room," Mac demanded.
Chloe shrugged. "We did. Now we're ready."
"Oh really?" Harm asked skeptically.
"Yeah. Chloe's gonna have horses in her room and mines gonna be zoo animals. You know, like sloths and elephants and stuff," Lanie explained.
"Girl's we can't get too much right now. We're on a budget." Mac warned. Harm pulled Mac aside. "Mac, I'll go in on this. We're together now and that means sharing the cost. Besides, I know Mom and Frank would want to help out. They already concider these girls their grandkids and they haven't even met them yet."
"Harm, no. The girls are my responsibility," Mac protested.
"Mac, when are you going to realize that you don't have to take on everything alone? Let the rest of us in," Harm pressed.
"I do. But this is different. I own the house. The girls are my kids," was Mac's firm response.
"Mac, I love those girls,too. I want this to be a partnership," Harm explained.
Mac hesitated a little longer, but finally she sighed and relented, "Ok. But don't let your parents spoil our girls too much."
Harm smirked, "You've met my mom, right? No promises."
Mac chuckled and headed back to the girls. A few moments later, the group headed out. They picked out a few things to get right away, and then took pictures of the things that Trish and Frank would help out with. Mac chose a dinosaur bone them for ensuite bathroom and Burgandy and cream as the color scheme for the master bedroom. For the main bathroom, the girls chose an ocean theme.
Each of the girls was getting a new desk, bed, and special chair. Chloe found a round lounge chair that matched the bluegreen color of her room. Lanie found a cool swing chair that hung from the ceiling. Chloe found a soft aqua red, and gold western bohemian bedspred that had running horses on it and Lanie found a comforter with sloths that she fell in love with. As for her walls, they would be light jungle green and have Fathead stickers of Sloths, Elephants, pandas, hippos, and other jungle and rainforest animals. Chloe found a decal of running horses that said, 'Chase Your Dreams.' Her walls would be aqua to match the rest of her room.
By the time they found all they could find in the store, it was lunchtime so they paid for what they were getting that day and headed to Beltway Burgers.
Harm sent the pictures to his parents as soon as they got back to Mac's place, and a few days later the stuff arrived. Furnuture for the girls' rooms wasfound at estate sales handed down from friends. The rooms were painted over the next few days. Mac, Harm, and the girls had so much fun.
"I can't wait to get all the furniture in!" Lanie stated excitedly.
"This place is going to look amazing," Mac predicted. The others nodded in agreement.
Before they knew it, it was moving day. The entire JAG team was on hand to help. Even Little AJ was able to help with a few smaller tasks. By that night, everyone was exausted but happy. Harm ordered pizza for everyone and after enjoying a great dinner, everyone left, leaving the little family alone in their new home. Harm stayed for the night making the excuse that he wanted to make sure they were safe on their first night. But even the girls knew the real reason he stayed. Lanie was a little nervous to be alone on her first night, so Chloe stayed with her until she fell sleep. Then she took Jingo and walked next door to her own room.
The next day, Chloe and Lanie were staying by themselves while Mac and Harm were at JAG She laid the ground rules,and finally Harm was able to convince her to leave before they were late to work. After Lunch, Chloe took Lanie out to the front yard to play. As they were kicking the soccerball around, two girls about their ages came over to watch. When Chloe spotted them, she and Lanie stopped the game and walked over to greet their neighbors.
"Hey. I'm Chloe and this is my sister, Lanie," she introduced herself and Lanie.
The younger girl waved and the older girl spoke up, "I'm Bethany Harowitz and this is my sister, Lacey. I'm thirteen and she's ten.
"I'm going to be ten next month and Chloe's fourteen," Lanie informed them.
"You guys wanna play with us?" Chloe offered. The two girls nodded with a smile and followed Lanie and Chloe back to the yard.
It turned out the girls would be attending the same schools in the fall. They all became good friends quickly and were back and forth and each others house constently over the summer.
Mac befriended Julie Harowitz, Bethany's and Lacey's mother, and the two of them took their four girls back-to-school shopping. Most of Chloe's items had horses and Lanie's had sloths. Bethany chose mostly unicorn things and Lacey chose owls. They all found some very cool outfits for the first day of school; a plaid shirt and jeans with boots for Chloe, a purple peasent top and vest with leggings and a jean skirt and hightops for Lanie, Jeans, clogs, a poncho and teeshirt for Lacey, and jeans, striped polo and sneakers for Bethany.
When the bus arrived the morning of the first day, Chloe and Lanie were holding hands nervously as they waited for their busses. Lanie's arrived first so she hugged her sister and her mom goodby, and clung to Lacey's hand tightly they boared the bus.
As they found their seats, Lacey whispered, "Don't worry. You'll be fine. I'll be with you. You'll love our school. It's really fun."
Lanie smiled. She couldn't help beleiving that her friend was right. Everything would be just fine.

Well, the girls are starting school and they're in a great new house. Thanks for reading. Catch ya later.
Sign up to rate and review this story