Categories > Anime/Manga > Yami no Matsuei > Hokkaido Story

Lady Death

by Noizchild 0 reviews

A pale female shinigami comes by to take Kirika-chan and she makes everyone really nervous.

Category: Yami no Matsuei - Rating: R - Genres: Drama,Horror - Characters: Hisoka,Tatsumi,Watari - Published: 2020-09-12 - 547 words - Complete

0Unrated
Chapter Twenty-Seven: Lady /Death:/

She looked about fifteen years old. Her face looked even younger. Her long black dress made her skin that much paler. This time, she moved to the front door. A dainty hand knocked on the door. No answer at first. This didn't bother her. They will let her in. That's how it goes.

They can see her out there. She has to come in. But who will let her in?

The shinigami turned to each other.

"We can't keep her out there," Hisoka whispered.

"But who's letting her in?" Tatsumi asked. No answer.

"I could go," Hisoka offered.

"No!" the others hissed.

"But…" he said.

"I'll do it," Tatsumi said. "I can hold her off for the time being."

"Let me come with you," Hisoka said. "Let me help."

"Someone has to stay with Kirika-chan," Watari said.

"I'll do it," Kyosuke said.

"Alright," Konoe said. Another knock came on the door. No point of stalling anymore with this part. She won't leave. Death could wait for centuries after all.

She looked up as the door opened. Tatsumi stood in the doorway.

"I apologize for keeping you waiting," he said. She bowed her head.

"Good evening," she said. Tatsumi moved aside.

"Thank you," she said, bowing. She walked past as Tatsumi tried not to look at her. He only caught a glance. Her white hair floated by. Tatsumi shivered.

She sat in the lobby. Everyone watched her. She never spoke. Her hands rested in her lap. Konoe and Tatsumi stared at her. The staff wouldn't even go into the room.

"Can we get you anything?" Tatsumi asked. She looked over at him. He went silent. They should be used to this by now. They were all shinigami after all. But there was something off about her.

"Yes," she said. The men looked up.

"Hm?" Konoe asked.

"I would like some tea please," she said. No one moved at first. Tatsumi blinked.

"You want some tea?" he asked.

"Yes," she said.

"Oh," he said. Hisoka stood up.

"Okay," he said. "I'll be right back." He turned and walked out of the room. The other shinigami watched him leave. She had no emotion on her face. She barely spoke at all. Even Konoe got the chills. She turned her head slightly. The men in the room sat up straight.

"Is something wrong?" she asked.

"No!" Tatsumi, Watari, and Konoe were quick to say.

"Hm," she said. April said nothing the whole time.

Hisoka came back into the lobby.

"Here you are," he said, handing her a cup of steaming green tea.

"Thank you," she said. She took the cup and took a drink. Hisoka sat back down in his chair. Everyone else held their breaths. She set down her cup.

"I know what you are trying to do," she said. Everyone looked up. She put up her right hand.

"I understand," she said. "But I have a job to do." She reached into a small black bag.

"Tell you what," she said. "I will give you until the sand runs out." She pulled out a large black hourglass and put it on the side table. The black sand started to run. Nobody said a word of objection or agreement. She took another drink of her tea.
Sign up to rate and review this story