Categories > Anime/Manga > Yami no Matsuei > Cherry Crush

Cherry Crush

by Noizchild 2 reviews

Final book. Ten years have passed since the Hokkaido trip. Kirika-chan is in the middle of her last summer as a junior high student. Tsuzuki and Anna have to deal with teenage rebellion and drama. ...

Category: Yami no Matsuei - Rating: R - Genres: Drama,Humor,Romance - Characters: Hisoka,Tatsumi,Tsuzuki,Watari - Published: 2020-10-20 - 573 words - Complete

0Unrated
Cherry Crush

Chapter One: Wedding /Bell:/

"Here, let me help you with that," Anna said. She turned and straightened Tsuzuki's tie. The shinigami stood up straight.

"Thank you," he said. His wife smiled. Eighteen years of marriage and they were still close. He gave her a quick kiss.

"You look great," Anna said.

"Thank you," Tsuzuki said. "So do you." His wife giggled.

"Kirika-chan!" she shouted. "Come on, honey! We have to go!"

"Coming!" a girl's voice shouted. A tall girl of fifteen came bounding down to the living room. Her midnight blue hair came down to her shoulders in curls. She smoothed out her white and light blue dress. Tsuzuki narrowed his eyes.

"Are you… wearing make-up?" he asked. Kirika-chan rolled her eyes.

"Papa!" she said. Tsuzuki walked over and wiped away her lip gloss.

"Stop!" she shouted. The shinigami wiped off the gloss completely.

"There," he said. His daughter frowned.

"Papa," she complained. Anna cleared her throat. Father and daughter looked up.

"Ready to go?" she asked.

"Yes," her family replied. Anna took a breath.

"Right, let's go," she said. The family headed out the door.

Same-sex marriage had become legal in Japan last year. The change was slow but worth it. Taichi and Lenard picked July tenth for their wedding day. It would be a small service. Only Taichi's grandpa and their friends were invited. Tsuzuki, Anna, and Kirika-chan took their seats near the back.

Taichi and Lenard had the wedding at the courthouse. Both were dressed in nice suits. Taichi's was black and Lenard's was white. The men held hands.

"I love you," Taichi whispered. Lenard's cheeks turned bright red.

"Please be seated," the justice of the peace said. Everyone sat down.

The ceremony began. The grooms held hands.

"Do you Lenard take Taichi to be your lawfully wedded husband?" the justice asked. "To have and to hold. In sickness and in health. Until death do you part?"

"I do," the American man said.

"Do you Taichi take Lenard to be your lawfully wedded husband?" the justice said. "To have and to hold. In sickness and in health. Until death do you part?"

"I do," the Japanese men said.

"I now pronounce you husbands," the justice of the peace said. "You may now kiss." Taichi and Lenard shared a kiss. Their audience clapped. The couple filled out the paperwork for their license to wed. They were now husband and husband.

They held the reception in a hotel restaurant. Everyone congratulated the couple.

"Don't overdo it with the sweets," Anna whispered to Tsuzuki.

"Uh-huh," her husband said not listening. The woman rolled her eyes. Meanwhile, Kirika-chan followed behind. She had her hands behind her head.

"Oh, is that you, Kirika-chan?" the girl heard behind her. She turned and looked behind her. A boy her are stood inches away from her. Kirika-chan tilted her head.

"Uh… do I know you?" she asked. The boys stared at her like an excited puppy.

"It's me!" he said. "Remember? We met eight years ago."

"No…" she said. She narrowed her eyes. The boy pouted like a little puppy. Only one name floated through Kirika-chan's head as her eyes widened.

"Akira-kun?" she asked.

"Yes!" the boy said, nodding.

"Oh wow!" she said. "How long has it been?"

"Eight years," Akira said again. Kirika-chan struggled to say something.

"Wow…" was all she could say. Akira stood across from her grinning. When did he get so cute?
Sign up to rate and review this story