Categories > Anime/Manga > Yami no Matsuei > Cherry Crush

High Night

by Noizchild 0 reviews

Kirika-chan and her friends sneak down to the community pool after it's closed and have a fun summer night together.

Category: Yami no Matsuei - Rating: R - Genres: Drama,Humor - Published: 2020-10-27 - 743 words - Complete

0Unrated
Chapter Eight: /High Night:/

-6:00 p.m.-

"I'm leaving now," Kirika-chan said.

"Call us when you're ready to get home!" Tsuzuki said.

"Have fun!" Anna called. Their daughter headed out the door. She said she was going over to a friend's for a sleepover. Well, that was part right.

Kirika-chan walked to the end of the road and vanished.

She reappeared in Chijou. Humans don't notice her come and go. The veil played to her advantage. Though, her parents wondered how long that would last. Kirika-chan didn't think about that now.

She pulled out her phone.

"Hello," the girl said. "I'm on my way. See you in ten." Kirika-chan hung up. She smiled to herself. Tonight would be lit.

Kirika-chan walked up to Apartment 29. She knocked on the door. The girl took a step back. She pulled out her phone and wrote a quick text. Kirika-chan smiled and hit send. She looked up in time to hear the door open. A girl about her age stood with dark brown braids to her shoulders. She perked up when she saw Kirika-chan.

"You're here!" she said.

"Ready to go?" Kirika-chan asked.

"Sure," her friend said. She held up her bag.

"I'm leaving now!" the girl shouted into her apartment.

"Have a good time!" her mother shouted. The girls headed off.

The girls made it to the community pool. Akira and Nozomi stood outside waiting.

"Hey!" Kirika-chan said, waving. Akira jumped up and waved. The other friend looked confused.

"Uh… Hello?" she said.

"I'm Akira!" the boy there said. Kirika-chan's third friend perked up.

"My name is Suzume!" she said. "Nice to meet you!"

"Likewise," he said. Suzume turned to Nozomi.

"Oh, you're here too?" she asked. Nozomi shot her a cold look.

"Okay!" Kirika-chan said, clapping her hands together. "We're all here now! Let's just go in." Suzume gave her a confused look.

"How?" she asked. "The pool is closed now." Kirika-chan tapped the side of her nose.

"Ah, but I have a way!" she said. Nozomi gave her an odd look.

"Uh… How?" Suzume asked. Kirika-chan giggled. She drew out a key from her pocket.

"No!" Suzume said, gasping. "You didn't!" The midnight blue-haired girl grinned. She walked up and unlocked the door. Kirika-chan held out her arms.

"Welcome," she said. "Come on in." Kirika-chan walked through the door. Her friends looked at each other for a long moment.

"Come on!" she shouted. One by one, her friends followed her inside.

They went into the locker rooms and changed into swimsuits. The whole place was theirs. Nozomi stared at Kirika-chan.

"How did you do it?" she asked. "How did you get a key?" The other girl smiled.

"Secret," she said.

"Seriously?" Nozomi asked. Kirika-chan laughed. Her friend frowned.

"Hey!" Suzume said in a sing-songy voice. "What'cha talking about over there?" The girls looked up to see the classmate in a bright orange swimsuit.

"Nothing," Kirika-chan said. She walked out to the locker room. Nozomi and Suzume looked at each other confused.

The pool felt so good. Akira swam around in the deep end. The girls all watched the slender, toned boy.

"Who is he?" Suzume asked.

"A family friend," Kirika-chan said. "He goes to school in Tokyo."

"Tokyo, huh?" she asked.

"Yeah," the other girl said. She stretched her arms above her head. "Met him again at a wedding. It's been so long."

"He's cute," Suzume said.

"Yeah," Kirika-chan said. Nozomi rolled her eyes.

"Stupid," she muttered to herself. The other two girls eyed her.

"Hm?" Kirika-chan asked. Nozomi rolled her eyes and shook her head.

Splash!

All three girls were soaked. Suzume jumped up and screamed. Akira floated around, grinning. Nozomi glared at him.

"You asshole!" she shouted. Akira laughed aloud.

"Come on!" he shouted. "Why aren't you swimming?" Nozomi stood up.

"You!" she growled. She jumped right into the water. Suzume laughed and jumped in. Kirika-chan watched her friends swimming. Nozomi chased after Akira. Suzume swam around in her corner.

"Come on!" Akira shouted. "Join us, Kirika-chan!" The other two girls eyed her. Their friend stood up with her hands up.

"Okay, okay," she said. Kirika-chan jumped into the water. She laughed and swam to join her friends. This night could become a summer tradition before they went off to high school. For now, Kirika-chan was enjoying the cool water around her. She tuned out Akira and Nozomi yelling and laughing in the background. A small smile spread across her face.
Sign up to rate and review this story