Categories > Anime/Manga > Yami no Matsuei > Cherry Crush

Dreaming of My Girl

by Noizchild 0 reviews

Akira can't stop thinking about Kirika-chan.

Category: Yami no Matsuei - Rating: R - Genres: Humor,Romance - Characters: Tsuzuki - Published: 2020-10-29 - 463 words - Complete

0Unrated
Chapter Ten: Dreaming of My Girl:

-Akira-

I haven't seen her in years. Ten to be exact, maybe? We go to different schools. I'm in Tokyo and she's in Nagasaki. We used to play together when we were five. During the summers. But there's another reason we are apart.

You see, Kirika-chan lives in Meifu. Oh no, no, no. She's still alive. What am I talking about?

I paused over my math homework.

Her dad's a shinigami. Confused? Try to keep up. Her father is a shinigami. Her mother is a kitsune tsukai. And Kirika-chan? She's a half-human. I think the other half is yaoguai. I know, I know. It sounds odd. It makes sense, really it does.

But I digress.

I live in Chijou. That's the living world to you. So we're on two sides of the world. I can't make it much clearer than that. I'm going down a rabbit hole here. I'm going off track here. What was I talking about?

Oh yeah. Kirika-chan.

We met again at that wedding yesterday. I can't stop thinking about her since. She looked cut in her dress. We didn't get much time to talk. She was with her folks after all. I was with mom and her dates. (It's a bit weird, I know.) Still, I couldn't take my eyes off of Kirika-chan. Was she single? Did she like guys? I got her number from Tsuzuki-san.

"You've really grown," he said.

"Yeah," I said.

"How old are you now?" he asked.

"Fifteen."

"Ah. Same age as Kirika-chan." He looked around for a bit.

"Do you want her number?"

I cocked my head. "Huh?"

"I could ask her if it's okay, I mean."

I quickly nodded. "Sure!"

"Hang on." Tsuzuki disappeared into the small crowd. I watched on my tiptoes. He found Kirika-chan near the chocolate fountain. They talked for a bit. He pointed at me at one point. She nodded. Tsuzuki-san walked back to me. I lifted my head.

"Got your phone?" he asked. I pulled out my phone. Tsuzuki gave me her number. I didn't question why she didn't give it me. I was just oddly happy.

I called Kirika-chan this morning. She was surprised to hear from me. The conversation didn't last long. She's inviting me out to the pool this evening. I said I would go. I just wanted to see her again. Maybe I could really talk to her. And then… I don't know. Maybe something will happen. Maybe… I don't know. I hope…

A knock came on my door. I turned and looked up.

"Yes?" I asked.

"Dinner's ready!" mom said. I jumped to my feet.

"Coming!" I shouted. I'll go after dinner. I can't miss Sunday dinner. I walked out of my room and closed the door.
Sign up to rate and review this story