Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > And Without A Sound....And I Wish You Away

Part Two:: I Will Never Make Another Promise With You In Mind [ Chapter Ten - Say Yes ]

by nine 0 reviews

Say Yes...

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Romance - Characters: Bob Bryar, Frank Iero, Gerard Way, Mikey Way, Ray Toro - Warnings: [V] [X] - Published: 2006-09-28 - Updated: 2006-09-28 - 306 words

0Unrated
10: Say Yes
Friday, January 11, 2009: 11:28 PM


After a few poker games and more than a few beers, Ray was beat. He wasn't drunk, but he wasn't anywhere near sober-which seemed to be the best way to forget everything. Fortunately, Mike and Bob had both had more drinks than he did, so he scored a few bucks from each of them. He was walking past Gerard's room when a strain of music caught his attention. The door was open a little; Ray moved it enough so that he could poke his head in.
Without a sound, without a sound, and I wish you away...
There was a stereo in Gerard's room. Ray could see enough through the dark to see that Gerard lay stretched out on his bed, staring at the ceiling, mouthing the words. Ten seconds later, Ray heard himself begin what remained his favorite solo.
"Hey." Gerard had finally seen him.
"What are you doing?" Ray was proud of himself; his voice didn't slur at all.
"Just... I dunno; it's kind of nice to hear what I-what we sounded like back then." Gerard's voice was sad. "We'll never sound the same."
Ray couldn't find an answer.
Gerard uncrossed his long legs and got up slowly. He walked past Ray and seemed to be leaving, then turned to face him when his hand was on the doorknob.
A cloud had passed over the nearly-full moon outside Gerard's window, throwing both of their faces into shadow. Ray didn't quite expect it when Gerard's lips fell on his, but he didn't stop him. A second later, Gerard broke away.
"All you have to do," he breathed into his ear, "Is say yes."
Ray didn't remember saying yes, but when Gerard's lips met his again and he heard the little click of Gerard shutting the door, it didn't matter anymore.
Sign up to rate and review this story