Categories > Anime/Manga > Yami no Matsuei > Cherry Crush

Family Reunion

by Noizchild 0 reviews

Daiyu is stressed about not having her niece home with her in Hong Kong. Tsuzuki tries to talk to Kirika-chan about Nozomi.

Category: Yami no Matsuei - Rating: R - Genres: Drama,Humor - Characters: Tsuzuki - Published: 2020-12-04 - 458 words - Complete

0Unrated
Chapter Twelve: Family /Reunion:/

Daiyu hasn't given up. She was determined to be in Kirika-chan's life. Her parents weren't much help with her situation. To be fair, her father did warm up to the teenage girl. But he still wouldn't take her.

"She has a home," he said.

"But this is her home!" Daiyu pleaded. Her father wouldn't hear it.

So now she was alone in her mission.

Daiyu did get to see Kirika-chan twice a year. But she wanted more.

"What's stopping you?" Anna asked. "You've been welcome to do so. It's not like we've forbidden you or anything." Daiyu all but scoffed at this. She didn't need her permission. Thinking about Anna pissed her off.

And then there was Kirika-chan. Dear sweet Kirika-chan.

Daiyu sighed. Still, she couldn't give up.

Kirika-chan was finishing up her homework when her phone buzzed.

"Hm?" she asked. The girl didn't recognize the number. She pressed the button to dim the screen and finished her homework. Ten minutes later, her phone buzzed again. Kirika-chan looked up. Same number. A curious look came across her face. Who was this?

Kirika-chan tapped the screen. She moved to the second text. No words. Just one picture. Not good quality. She tilted her head.

"What is this?" Kirika-chan asked. A knock came on her door.

"Yes?" she asked. The girl shoved to phone into her pocket.

"Honey?" Tsuzuki asked. "Are you okay up there?"

"Uh… yeah," his daughter said.

"Can I come in?" he asked.

"Sure…" she said. Her eyes shifted back and forth. Her door slowly opened with a creek. Tsuzuki poked his head into the room.

"Is something wrong?" Kirika-chan asked. Her father laughed off her question.

"Oh no, no," he said. "Everything is fine." The shinigami sat down on her bed. Kirika-chan turned her whole body to him.

"What is it then?" she asked. Tsuzuki tried to stay chill.

"How have you been?" he asked.

"Good…" Kirika-chan said.

"How is Nozomi?" Tsuzuki asked.

"The same," she said. Father and daughter sat in awkward silence. Tsuzuki fished around for something to say. Kirika-chan stared at him, confused.

"Uh… Did you finish your homework?" Tsuzuki asked at last.

"Yes," his daughter said.

"Okay! Good night!" Tsuzuki said. He jumped to his feet and hurried out of her room. Kirika-chan blinked.

"Huh?" she asked.

-Hong Kong-

Daiyu packed up her suitcases. Another year is here. She hated this setup. Her parents are tired of hearing it. Anna's done with her petty bullshit. But Daiyu doesn't care. It's all for Kirika-chan. All for her beloved niece. Kirika-chan. Beloved Kirika-chan.

-Ju-Oh-Cho-

A low buzzing noise caught Kirika-chan's attention.

"Hm?" she asked. She walked over to the window. There was nothing outside. Well, nothing she could physically see.
Sign up to rate and review this story