Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > I Remember

Chapter 15

by LOVELA 1 review

I remember when we were lost in innocence and then innocence was lost.

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: R - Genres: Drama - Warnings: [R] [V] [X] - Published: 2006-09-28 - Updated: 2006-09-28 - 1315 words

0Unrated
I stood by my locker where Pete told me to wait for him after school.

I couldn't believe that is had already been around six months since that day that Pete and I decided that we were going to take our friendship to a more romantic level. Six months, and things have been going well for the most part. We rarely ever fought except when I would bring up that Pete needed to go see a therapist. He kept telling me that he just wasn't ready. I just rolled my eyes at him. I knew that his nightmares had come back. He would stay at my house when my mom was out of town and he would either not sleep at all or sleep restlessly. I knew when he had that distant look on his face to just let him be. I think that is how we avoided so many fights. Even though Pete would stay over at my place on a regular basis, we still hadn't slept together. I told him I wasn't ready for fear that I would have a flashback from my past. Pete was good to me. He was patient.

I looked at my watch and saw that fifteen minutes had past. Maybe he was outside. I walked outside and saw a couple of people standing here and there, but I hadn't noticed Pete. I waited for another fifteen minutes before I decided to walk. It was a nice day in early May which was my favorite month ever, so I walked with a smile on my face. Suddenly I heard a car pull up beside me. It was Pete.

"Hey," I smiled at him through the window. It faded when I saw the look on his face.

"Get in the fucking car," he yelled. I frowned and got in. He sped away instantly.

"What's your problem?" I asked. He grabbed my wrist tightly.

"Didn't I ask you to wait for me by your locker?" he asked not letting go of me.

"Ow, Pete, I waited for a half n' hour," I said feeling his fingers dig into my wrist.

"I was talking to coach. Why didn't you wait?" he asked louder.

"I thought you were busy. I didn't think it would be a big deal if I walked," I said trying to pull my wrist away from his grip, but it just tightened.

"I'm sorry, you just scared me. Don't do that again, ok?" he asked. He let go of my wrist and his features softened. I looked at him shocked and rubbed my wrist. There was already a mark from my watch.

"Ok," I said quietly. We drove the rest of the way to my house.

"I'm going to go practice with the guys for a while. How about I bring take out over afterwards?" he asked. His personality had changed 180 degrees.

"Alright," I said nodding. I was still in shock by his previous behavior.

"Ok," he smiled and kissed me on the cheek.

--------------------------------------------

I paced my room waiting for Pete to pick me up. Joe's parents were out of town this weekend, so of course he was having a party. I picked up my phone and dialed his house. No answer. I knew his parents were at the supper club, but I had worried that Pete may have fallen asleep. I quickly pulled on my Chucks and grabbed my purse.

I walked over to his house and walked in without knocking.

"Pete!" I yelled, but I didn't hear any answer. I ran up the stairs and saw his light on in his room. I walked slowly to his door and saw Pete sitting at his desk scribbling in his notebook.

"What are you doing?" I asked. Pete jumped and turned to look at me.

"What are you doing here?" he asked sounding upset.

"Pete, you were supposed to pick me up about forty-five minutes ago," I said shocked that he was mad.

He stood up angrily and started to walk towards me. I backed away from him slowly.

"You need to work on your damn patience. I said I would pick you up and I would have picked you up! I just needed to finish something," he said and kept walking towards me.

"Pete, I'm sorry. But I tried calling and you wouldn't answer the phone. I thought you fell asleep," I said quietly trying to defend my actions. I looked down and noticed that his fists were clenched. I looked back up at him with fear in my eyes.

Pete looked into my eyes and took a deep breath.

"I'm sorry. I shouldn't have yelled at you. You just startled me, and I was really concentrating," he said rubbing his hands up and down on my arms.

"What are you writing?" I asked for the first time in the almost three years that I knew him.

"Just thoughts," he said simply and walked over to his bathroom. I just nodded.

"Give me one second, babe," he said and got ready to go to Joe's. I took a deep breath and sat down on his bed. These mood swings were getting worse, and he was starting to worry me.

"You know, if you don't want to go, we don't have to," I said to him.

"Why wouldn't I want to go?" he asked coming back into his room pulling on a tight hoodie.

"Well, if you were busy," I said.

"Nonsense. It will be fun," he said grabbing my hand and pulling me off his bed.

"Ok, then," I said and followed him out the door.

We just walked to Joe's since he lived only three blocks behind Pete and we would more than likely be drinking.

When we walked up the block to Joe's, it was pretty obvious that we were late since there were cars everywhere. We were about to walk up the lawn when the front door flew open and Joe came running out laughing with a friend of ours on his heels with a paint ball gun.

"That can't be a good sign," I said grabbing Pete's hand.

"You're going down Trohman!" We heard from behind the house. I just looked at Pete and laughed.

We walked into the house and it was already trashed.

"Holy shit!" Pete said laughing looking all around at the cups and cans that littered the hallway.

"Izzy!" I heard a squeal from up ahead. Ady came running towards me obviously drunk.

"Ady, how are you?" I asked looking at her.

"I'm great! But you are late, so you need to come with me," she said grabbing both my hands and pulled me away from Pete. I turned back to look at him and he flashed me his charming smile.

"Where are we going?" I asked her dodging people who were all around in the living room.

"We are going to my secret stash," she said trying to whisper in my ear, but the music was too loud that she had no choice but to yell.

We walked to the pantry in the kitchen. She got down on her hands and knees and pulled out a paper bag.

"Jeez, Ady. You sure go to great lengths to hide your alcohol," I said laughing at her.

"Well, I brought the good stuff. You gotta hide it," she said struggling to stand with the paper bag in her hands. I could hear the bottles clinking together.

"Alright, shot time," she said pouring alcohol into two large plastic cups.

"Um, Ady. That's more than a shot," I said as she filled them half full.

"Oh, well, you have to catch up!" she giggled holding the cup up to my face. I looked over at her and then at the half full cup of alcohol in front of my face.

"Bottoms up," I said clinking my cup with hers and downed the substance.
Sign up to rate and review this story