Categories > Anime/Manga > Yami no Matsuei > Cherry Crush

Mother's Sacrifice

by Noizchild 0 reviews

Airi goes down into the darkness to make a bargain to save Kirika-chan from her stalker.

Category: Yami no Matsuei - Rating: R - Genres: Drama,Horror - Published: 2021-01-15 - 400 words - Complete

0Unrated
Chapter Twenty-Five: /Mother's Sacrifice:/

Airi opened her eyes to pure darkness. She couldn't even hear the blood running through her veins. That didn't stop her.

"I know you are here!" Airi shouted. "I've come to bargain." The air rippled around her. She prepared to attack. Eyes opened around her.

"Oh, it's you."

"I've come to bargain," Airi said again.

"What is it now?"

"My daughter is in danger," she said.

"Again?"

"Yes."

Airi lifted her chin. "A low-level spirit attached itself to her. It took her once. We're worried about him coming back. He could get stronger.

"Is she with him now?"

"No, she escaped."

"So… what's the problem?"

"He might come back. I need help to cute the ties."

"Oh?"

"Can you aid me?"

"Why should I?"

The kitsune wouldn't back down. "I love my daughter."

"What about your other children?"

"I have no other children. I still am paying them. I know it won't end. But I am focused on my real family now!" The dark waves ripped around her.

"Is that so?"

"Yes," Airi said. The waves stopped in place. A small face appeared in front of her. It opened its black eyes.

"Name your price," it said. Airi held out her wrists.

"Oh?" the face asked. Airi looked away with a red face.

"Take it… please?" she asked. The kitsune closed her eyes and waited.

"Heh. Very well." A sharp pain shot into her wrists. Airi clenched her teeth. Something was draining her. The kitsune had on a brave face. All for Kirika-chan. All for Kirika-chan. Airi thought that she would faint.

Then it was over. Airi opened her eyes.

"Huh?" she asked.

"Payment fulfilled," the face said before disappearing. A golden knife appeared in its place.

"Take it and cut the ties." A long red string appeared in front of her.

"I've got it," Airi said. She grabbed onto the knife. The kitsune took in a deep breath and started chanting. She ripped open her eyes.

"There!" she shouted.

Cut!

The red thread fell away. The pieces disappeared into the darkness. Everything went still around her.

"I did it. It's done," Airi whispered. Then she collapsed into the endless darkness.

He stood in his void. Huh? Was I going somewhere? He looked around confused. He dropped his shoulders.

Guess not. He closed his eyes and went back to sleep. His body disappeared into the void.
Sign up to rate and review this story