Categories > Anime/Manga > Yami no Matsuei > Cherry Crush

Grandma and Grandpa

by Noizchild 0 reviews

Tsuzuki puts Kirika-chan in touch with her grandparents via Zoom.

Category: Yami no Matsuei - Rating: R - Genres: Drama,Humor - Characters: Tsuzuki - Published: 2021-01-17 - 543 words - Complete

0Unrated
Chapter Twenty-Seven: /Grandma and Grandpa:/

-Three Days Later-

"You sure this is a good idea?" Anna asked.

"Yes," Tsuzuki said. "This will be good for everyone." His wife didn't argue.

"Thank you for this," he said.

"Yeah, yeah," Anna said. This took work. Tsuzuki first talked to Daiyu again. She gave him a weird look.

"You want to do what?" she asked.

"I figured it would help," Tsuzuki said. "Why not let her talk to your parents?" Daiyu frowned.

"And what makes you think that they will?" she asked. The shinigami shrugged.

"It's worth a shot," he said. "She needs her grandparents, right?" Daiyu sighed with her arms folded across her chest.

"Good luck with that," she muttered to herself.

"Thank you so much," Tsuzuki said, bowing. Daiyu rolled her eyes.

"Yeah, yeah," she grumbled. A sweat drop formed on Tsuzuki's head. Just like Usagi-chan…

Still, he couldn't despair. This petty battle had to end.

"Kirika-chan!" Tsuzuki called. His daughter walked into the living room.

"Yeah?" she asked. Tsuzuki ushered her towards the computer.

"Come look at this," he said. The shinigami moved aside. Kirika-chan stared at the family computer.

"What are you showing me this for?" she asked. Her dad motioned her to sit down. The girl shrugged and sat in the chair. Tsuzuki moved the mouse. The screen came to life. A Zoom window popped up. Two old people sat on their couch. The old woman perked up. The old man frowned.

"Who are they?" Kirika-chan asked.

"Your grandparents," Tsuzuki said.

"Huh?" his daughter asked.

"Say hi to them," he said. The girl looked blankly at him.

"Go on," he said. She turned to the screen.

"Uh… Hi…" Kirika-chan said. She waved as she spoke. The old lady waved back.

"Oh, here," Tsuzuki said. He put the headset on her head.

"There," he said.

"Hello?" Kirika-chan asked. "Can you hear me?"

"Yes!" the old lady said. Kirika-chan about jumped. Tsuzuki patted her shoulder.

"Um… hi. I'm Kirika-chan. I'm your granddaughter."

"Wow!" the old lady said. "Your Chinese is good."

"Thanks," Kirika-chan said.

"I'll be in the kitchen if you need me," Tsuzuki whispered. He turned and walked out of the living room. Kirika-chan talked to her grandparents.

Her grandma was perky and upbeat during the whole conversation. Kirika-chan talked about her hobbies, favorite foods, and her plans for summer break. The grandpa said nothing the whole time. His wife nudged his arm.

"Dear, don't you want to say anything?" she asked. Kirika-chan waited. The big old man didn't budge at first.

"How is school?" he asked at last.

"Good," the girl said. "Summer break is coming up."

"Which high school are you going to?" he asked.

"I don't know yet," Kirika-chan said. "I haven't decided. Maybe somewhere in Tokyo. Papa wants me to go to a school in Nagasaki." There was a pause.

"I see," her grandpa said. "Good luck." His wife and granddaughter looked relieved.

Tsuzuki came back in moments later.

"So, how was it?" he asked. Kirika-chan turned to him, grinning.

"Great!" she said. "Can I talk to them tomorrow?" The shinigami smiled and patted her on the head.

"Of course," he said. His daughter smiled. This was only step one. Tsuzuki liked the odds of this blooming relationship.
Sign up to rate and review this story