Categories > Anime/Manga > Yami no Matsuei > Cherry Crush

Calm Family Dinner

by Noizchild 0 reviews

Kirika-chan makes it back home and the family have dinner together.

Category: Yami no Matsuei - Rating: R - Genres: Drama,Humor - Characters: Tsuzuki - Published: 2021-01-20 - 460 words - Complete

0Unrated
Chapter Thirty: Calm Family Life:

"I'm home," Kirika-chan said. She found her parents sitting on the couch in the living room waiting for her.

"Welcome home," Tsuzuki said.

"Anything exciting happen here?" she asked.

"No, not really," Anna lied. "Say, have you eaten yet?"

"No," Kirika-chan said. "Why?"

"Let's have dinner together," her mom said.

"I'll cook!" Tsuzuki said.

"No!" his girls were quick to say. The shinigami pouted.

"You never let me cook," he complained. Anna patted him on the back.

"It's fine," she said. "I'll order us some beef bowls."

"Ooo! Can we have cold soba too?" Kirika-chan asked.

"Of course," Anna said.

"Sweet," her daughter said.

The family sat at the table eating dinner. A nice Saturday evening together. Tsuzuki felt a little sad inside. Kirika-chan would be in high school by spring. Soon college. Then marriage. After that, she would leave them.

Tsuzuki shuddered at the thought.

"Something wrong?" he heard someone ask. The shinigami looked up. Anna and Kirika-chan stared at him.

"Uh… nothing," he lied, rubbing the back of his head. A sweat drop formed on the back. The girls said nothing. Tsuzuki breathed out.

"So have you picked out where you're going to high school yet?" he asked Kirika-chan. She shrugged.

"Don't know," she said. "I figured somewhere in Tokyo."

"You sure you want to go there?" Tsuzuki asked.

"Yes," she said. Her father sighed.

"Alright," he said.

"Thank you," she said. Tsuzuki took more beef into his mouth. The taste made the situation better.

Anna smiled to herself. It's almost like her dreams. Dinner with her family.

"How was your day?" she asked. Kirika-chan turned her head.

"Great," she said. "We went to the beach."

"Oh!" Anna said. "You have a good time?"

"Yeah," her daughter said. "How was your day?"

"Good," Tsuzuki and Anna said together.

"Anything interesting happen?" she asked.

"No!" her parents were quick to say. Kirika-chan stared at them with an eyebrow raised.

"Uh-huh," she said. Kirika-chan shoved more beef into her mouth. Her parents relaxed and ate up.

"Can I have more soba?" Kirika-chan asked.

"Yes, you may," Anna said. Her daughter helped herself to more noodles.

Dinner was good. The family wasn't going to do much. TV, bath, reading, computer time, and bedtime. The next morning would start another day.

"Thanks for dinner," Kirika-chan said.

"Let's do this again tomorrow night," Tsuzuki said.

"Okay," Anna said. Kirika-chan nodded with chopsticks in the air. Anna smiled to herself. So this was what home felt like. She could live out the rest of her years like this. Tsuzuki took her hand. She turned and looked at her husband. The couple shared a smile as their daughter headed to her room. This would be the same thing tomorrow.

Owari
Sign up to rate and review this story