Categories > Books > Harry Potter > What Goes Around...Comes Around...Lost and Found...Love

The Beginning of the End

by ilex 0 reviews

Hogsmeade station - isn't that where this story started?

Category: Harry Potter - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Action/Adventure, Angst, Drama, Humor, Romance - Characters: Angelina Johnson, Arthur Weasley, Bellatrix, Bill Weasley, Blaise Zabini, Cho, Colin Creevey, Crabbe, Dean Thomas, Dobby, Draco, Dudley, Dumbledore, Ernie, Fleur, Flitwick, Fred, George, Ginny, Goyle, Hagrid, Harry, Hermione, James, Justin, Kingsley, - Published: 2006-09-28 - Updated: 2006-09-28 - 546 words

2Moving

Chapter 54



The Beginning of the End





On the platform at Hogsmeade Station, the next morning, the departing students were sorting themselves out amongst the various compartments, when the sound of Professor Twigg-Jones' motorcycle was heard approaching. As it rolled onto the platform, it was not Anna Twigg-Jones who was riding Tut, but Seamus Finnegan.



"Seamus, what on earth are you doing?" Dean ran up to him as he dismounted.



"Putting Tut into the Luggage compartment, you dolt." Seamus replied as he pushed the motorcycle toward the open door.



"I thought Anna was riding Tut back to London."



Harry, Neville, Luna, Ginny, Ron and Hermione had joined Dean in watching Seamus safely stow Tut onboard the Express.



"No. She's gone already. She left me a note telling me to take Tut home this summer and bring him back in the fall. She says she won't have time to ride him and she sent an owl to my folks and all, asking their permission for me to take care of him over the holiday."



"You lucky dog." "Wow!" "I'm coming for a visit, mate." "Take good care of him, Seamus."



Just then, Draco Malfoy walked up, took a look into the luggage compartment and seeing Tut, he turned to Seamus.



"I thought Anna was taking Tut back to London."



"Anna?" Looks were exchanged.



"Yes, Anna...Professor Twigg-Jones, your illustrious leader."



"Well, apparently, she's not."



"Why not?"



"She's gone."



"Gone?"



"Yeah. Gone, Malfoy, as in: not here, someplace else, you know...gone."



X # X # X



Draco gave Harry a quick glance and jerked his head, then walked away from the group. Harry went with him over to the corner of the station house. Draco leaned close.



"She's gone? What's going on, Harry?"



Draco's concern showed on his face. Harry decided he had a right to know.



"She's gone into hiding, Draco; Voldemort is after her. She's at the top of his hit list."



"/Shit/!"



"Don't worry about her, Draco. If I know Anna, she'll be just fine. And we'll hear from her, soon."



"First Mother, now Anna."



They both stood silent for a minute, and then Draco looked at Harry and cocked his head.



"Harry, you don't suppose..."



"That Anna and your Mum..."



"Well, they were here at school together..."



"But Draco...she killed..."



"I know, but Mother's whole attitude has changed...."



"Do you really think?"



They looked at each other.



"NAH!" they both said and then laughed.



X # X # X



"Well, you better get on board Harry, and remember, watch your back."



"I always have." Harry grinned and Draco nodded, with a small smile. "Hey, if it gets too bad, you may see us back here sooner than later."



"Fine with me; the more the merrier."



"Take care of yourself, Draco."



"You, too, Harry."



Harry and Draco shook hands, much to the surprise of the watching D.A. members. The whistle blew and they all scrambled aboard. Draco stood next to Hagrid and waved goodbye as the train started to move away. Harry waved back and then pulled his head in the window. Turning to face the D.A.s he held up his hand to stop the torrent of questions he saw was about to erupt.



"I've got something important to tell you. Let's find a compartment."






Sign up to rate and review this story