Categories > Original > Romance > Falling

Flashbacks

by Julie12 0 reviews

It’s your normal afternoon just right for thunder storms. Chris and his best friend, Joy are helping out at the pizza shop for the day. But thunderstorms may turn out to be the least of their pro...

Category: Romance - Rating: G - Genres: Fantasy,Romance,Sci-fi - Published: 2021-04-18 - 408 words

0Unrated
It was late at night when loud tapping woke Chris up. He glanced out the window and saw tree branches banging against the glass. He looked over at Joy who was still asleep and staring at her for a second, suddenly remembered the day he’d first seen her. He was back in fifth grade and mowing the front yard when he had noticed a girl by the mailbox who happened to glance up at the same time. Their eyes had met and if Chris’s mom hadn’t called him inside he could have stayed there for ages. And then here he was, two years later in the middle of one of the biggest storms Valleyview had ever seen with his best friend who was that same girl. Chris sighed. There was no way he would be able to get to sleep now. Suddenly there was a loud bang outside and Chris jumped. Joy yawned and sat up, staring out the window in surprise. “Was that thunder?”she asked, sounding worried. Chris gave her a sideways glance and nodded. Joy was silent for a while before murmuring,” I had the weirdest dream. It was a replay of yesterday.” Chris looked at her with a small amused smile. “Of yesterday? You sure it wasn’t any other day?”he asked. Joy smiled back. “I’m sure”she replied. Chris looked back out the window at the still pouring rain. “Well I had a flashback of the day we met each other” he said, quietly. Joy stared at him, confused. “That was two years ago” she stated. “I know. Kinda confusing” Chris said with another sideways glance at her. There was another bang of thunder and the nightlight beside the bed went out turning the whole room black. Joy jumped back against the bed. “This is the reason I hate thunder storms” she whispered and even though she was trying to stay calm, Chris could sense the fear in her voice. He felt for her hand in the dark and squeezed it, gently. “We’re all ok. We’re just in the dark” he told her, reassuringly. There were footsteps in the hallway and Gizmo came scurrying in and sat down at the foot of the bed. He glanced at the two of them, curiously but didn’t ask questions. He just pulled a blanket over his head and listened to the hammering of the rain on the roof.
Sign up to rate and review this story