Categories > Movies > Marvel Cinematic Universe

"I Thought I'd Never See Star Lord Again!"

by SamDeanCass 0 reviews

Y/N is very upset at the fact that Star Lord died during Infinity War. As the rest of the fandom blames Star Lord for everybody’s death, Y/N tries to jump to his defence but is met with bullies. ...

Category: Marvel Cinematic Universe - Rating: G - Genres: Fantasy - Warnings: [!!!] - Published: 2021-08-27 - 517 words - Complete

0Unrated
Pairing: Chris Pratt x male!child!reader (platonic)

Star Lord has always been your favourite superhero ever since Guardians of the Galaxy released in 2014. You were mesmerised by his heroic actions and his witty comebacks, not to mention the amazing songs that he listened to. To you, he was the most human superhero of them all. That’s why, when he died in Infinity War, your heart was broken. You just watched Star Lord whisk away in the air like dust, thanks to Thanos.

You cried for days after you watched the movie, you just couldn’t get the scene out of your head. It felt as though your world had fallen apart. Things only got worse when the fandom blamed Star Lord for everybody’s death. You understood why he did what he did, Peter Quill loved Gamora and he was trying to get answers. This was the point you were trying to make on the online forums but you were met with a lot of bullies and criticism. They believed that your outlook was wrong and that you were crazy to think that what he did was OK.

The next few days went by in a blur. You stayed up in your room, trying to process what had happened in the movie but nothing was helping. That was when you decided to take a walk, to try and clear your head. You told your mom you were going out and she told you to stay close by, which you always did.

You walked along the path with your head bent down, watching the pavement as you moved. However because you weren’t looking where you were going, you crashed into the back of somebody and fell on your backside. When you looked up, you were gobsmacked. Looking down at you with a charming smile, was Chris Pratt. Your mouth hung open as you continued staring at him.

“Woah there buddy, you OK?” You nodded your head, unable to speak. Chris lifted you up off the floor and placed you gently back on your feet. “What’s your name?” Nerves were beginning to get the better of you but you tried your best to swallow them and took deep breaths. “Y/N, my name’s Y/N. And your Star Lord, I mean Chris Pratt. Star Lord was my favourite superhero of all time! I was so upset when he was killed in Infinity War. But getting to meet you makes me feel a lot better.” You beamed a wide smile up at him.

Chris chuckled and bent down to your eye level. “Well kid, I’m gonna tell you something that’s going to make you feel even better.” He leaned over and whispered a hidden secret into your ear. “Star Lord is coming back!” You grinned from ear to ear when the news finally processed. Chris leaned back and ruffled your head. “I can’t believe I’m going to see Star Lord again!” You began jumping up and down in excitement whilst Chris put his finger to his lips. “Our little secret, bud.”
Sign up to rate and review this story