Categories > Movies > Marvel Cinematic Universe

Safety

by SamDeanCass 0 reviews

Loki has brought Y/N to Asgard. When it comes under attack, Loki has to try his best to send Y/N back home.

Category: Marvel Cinematic Universe - Rating: G - Genres: Angst,Romance - Published: 2021-08-27 - 931 words - Complete

0Unrated
Pairing: Loki x human!reader

You had been badgering Loki to take you to Asgard for what seemed like forever. You had begged and pleaded with him for months and ever time, his answer was no. But it seems that you may have worn him down because this time when you asked, he said yes.

“Please, Loki. Let me- wait. What did you say?” Loki leaned against your doorway with a faint smile threatening to break out onto his face. “I said yes. I’ll take you to Asgard, but only because you won’t stop harping on about it.” Your face lit up with happiness. Running over to Loki, you engulfed him in a hug and kissed his cheek.

“Thank you. You know how much it means to me seeing the place where you grew up. You already know everything about my childhood so now, I want to know everything about yours.” You ran upstairs to get ready to go and Loki smiled to himself when he heard you squeal with excitement. “Anything to make you happy, my queen.”

....................................................................................................

You were standing in the middle of a large field of grass looking up at the sky. “How is doing this going to get us to Asgard?” You raised your eyebrow at Loki who gave you a cheeky smile in return. “You’ll see. Alright Heimdall, let us up.” Loki grabbed your hand and squeezed before a ray of rainbow light engulfed the both of you.

You landed on a rainbow bridge with a night sky overlooking you. “Woah!” You knelt down and touched the bridge, surprised when you could feel it. “What’s this made of, Loki?” “Magic, my dear.” He smiled at the overwhelming joy on your face as you took in your surroundings. “This is amazing.” You stood back up and grabbed Loki’s hand again. “There’s more where this came from.”

...................................................................................................

You and Loki walked hand-in-hand along the rainbow bridge. Once you neared Asgard, excitement built up in your body and you let out another squeal. “This is going to be amazing!” Loki chuckled at your excitement and led you through the gates.

Your eyes widened in amazement at how colourful Asgard was. Even at night, there was still so much colour to be seen. Loki led you towards his favourite part of Asgard, which was the flower garden. “This has always been my favourite place, even as a small boy I would come here to get away from my responsibilities and just be with my thoughts. It’s a very calming place to be.”

You both walked over to a white, picket bench and sat down. Looking down you seen a very mysterious flower, one that you had never seen before so you picked it up. “What’s this one, Loki? I haven’t seen it before.” Loki gently took it from your hand and examined it. “That would be because it doesn’t grow on any other planet. It grows here specially because of it’s healing properties.” Your eyes sparkled in the dimly lit garden.

Loki looked at you and smiled widely, leaning his head on yours. You sighed with happiness as you both stared at the flower, completely happy with Loki’s company. You were about to open your mouth to speak when a loud explosion sounded from behind you. Loki stood up in alarm and quickly looked around for any incoming threats.

He grabbed your hand and quickly ran back towards the rainbow bridge. “Loki, what’s going on?! What’s happening?!” “We can’t stop, Y/N. I need to get you back to Midgard.” Once you reached the end of the bridge, Loki nodded at Heimdall who made sure he was ready to open the teleporter.

“Loki, please. Tell me what’s going on!” Another loud explosion sounded from the other side of Asgard. “My planet is under attack, Y/N. I need to get you away, you’re not safe here.” You grabbed hold of both of Loki’s hands and squeezed. “Please come with me, Loki. I don’t know what I’d do if something happened to you.” He lifted your hands to his mouth and kissed them sweetly. “I can’t, my love, I have to stay and help defend my home. But I promise, I will come back to you.”

Loki gave Heimdall the sign to go as he leaned his forehead against yours. “I love you, Y/N. I always have.” A small tear fell down your cheek. “I love you to, Loki. Please come back to me.” You stood with each other for a couple more seconds before you were teleported back to Earth. You fell to the ground and let out loud sobs, cradling your head in your hands. After a few minutes, you composed yourself and began the journey back home.

...........................................................................................

You waited for days for Loki to come back to you and you began to fear the worst. A heavy feeling of anxiety and sadness ran through your body as time ticked on. You were sat on the sofa, cuddling your knees to your chest, when three loud raps sounded at your front door.

Hope coarsed through your body as you ran to the door and opened it. There stood Loki, a little battered and bruised, but alive. “I told you I’d come back to you.” Happy tears rolled down your face as you jumped in Loki’s arms and wrapped your hands around his neck, pressing a deep kiss to his lips. “Never leave me again.”

“Never.”
Sign up to rate and review this story