Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > I Remember

Chapter 19

by LOVELA 3 reviews

I remember when we were lost in innocence and then innocence was lost.

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: R - Genres: Drama - Warnings: [R] [V] [X] - Published: 2006-09-28 - Updated: 2006-09-29 - 1433 words

1Moving
"Izzy! Happy Birthday!" Andy said running up to me as Pete, Patrick, and I walked into the garage.

"Thanks, Andy," I said giving him a hug.

"I think Ady has some special arrangements for you by the keg," he said pointing to where a crowd of people stood and talked with plastic cups in their hands.

"Well, I best not keep her waiting then," I said and walked away from the boys.

"Izzy!" Ady laughed from where she was perched.

"Ady! Andy told me you had something for me," I said walking up to her.

"Oh yeah! Here!" she said handing me a brown paper bag with a bow tied at the top of it. It was shaped like a bottle and cold. I opened it with a smile.

"Oh, you got me Dr. McGuillicutty's Menthol!" I said happily hugging it to my chest.

"Yep. All yours, just for you," she said handing me a cup which she had decorated with my name and the words Happy Birthday written on it.

"This is the greatest," I said hugging her. She just laughed, like always.

I walked over to Pete with the bottle still in my hands and my cup full.

"What did you get?" he asked looking over at my smile.

"They gave me a Doctor," I said hugging the bottle to my chest again.

"A Doctor?" Patrick asked confused.

"It's a liquor that she likes," Pete explained. Patrick just nodded.

"Would you like to taste?" I asked shoving my cup in his face.

"Naw, I'll just stick to beer. But thanks," he said putting his hand up. Ah Patrick, always on the best of behavior.

The night continued on with people saying goodbye for the summer and others coming by and wishing me happy birthday. It was actually pretty fun. Patrick had loosened up after a couple of beers and soon it was just the gang hanging around and shooting the shit.

"HEY! Do you guys remember that chick that Joe made out with at that rave last fall?" I asked laughing. I was well into my bottle of alcohol.

"Oh how could we forget Joe's LOVER!" Pete said laughing with me.

"Guys! Shut up! It wasn't like that. I was wasted," Joe defended himself.

"Dude, she probably stalks you and you have no idea," Andy said laughing.

"What are you guys talking about?" Patrick asked very lost.

"Oh, Joe made out with some blue-haired lady at this rave we went to last fall, and we were pretty sure she was going to propose to him," Pete explained.

"Best part. Joe doesn't remember a thing," Andy said laughing again.

"No way!" Patrick said looking over at Joe.

"Again, I was wasted," Joe said more calmly. "You guys weren't serious about the stalking though, were you?" he asked quietly.

This caused the whole gang to laugh out loud. Suddenly we heard knocking on the door and we all froze, but burst out laughing at our silliness.

"Joe, it's your LOVER," Pete sang looking over at the door.

"Shut up guys. Who would be here at two in the morning?" Joe asked with the slightest hint of fear in his voice.

Andy got up and walked over to the door.

"Hey guys! Come on in," he said opening the door more. A small group of our friends piled in.

"We went to Denny's and saw that your light was still on, so we thought we'd come back," Will said walking in casually.

"There is still beer in the keg," Andy said walking over to the keg with Will and Mike. Suddenly I noticed three other people come in. It was Adam, his girlfriend Sarah, and Carrie. I couldn't help but roll my eyes.

"Hey guys!" Joe said standing up and greeting the boys.

The two girls came over to Ady, who was friends with both. I just looked up at Pete and noticed he was listening in on the girl's conversations and not paying any attention to the girl on his arm; me. I stood up and walked over to the keg.

"Hey there, Izzy. Happy Birthday," Will said taking a sip of his beer.

"Thanks," I mumbled pouring more of the liquid in the bottle I was holding into my cup.

"What's up Iz?" Andy asked noticing that I was not enjoying my time anymore.

"Will? Why the hell did you bring the trash?" I asked looking over at Carrie.

"Whoa, bitter?" he asked laughing.

"I hate her," I said rolling my eyes again.

"I can tell. Sorry. If I would have known I guess I would have left her lurking outside," he said back.

"What do you mean lurking?" I asked curious.

"Oh she was walking by as we pulled up, so I told her we were going inside and if she wanted to join," he said shrugging his shoulders.

"Freak," I mumbled and drank down the rest of my drink. The boys just giggled and went on talking about their bands.

I looked over at her and Pete standing there talking to Ady and Sarah. I noticed how he would look over at her with admiration when she talked. It hit me then. He was never going to love me like he loved her.

-----------------------------------------

"Is her mom home?" Patrick asked quietly as he and Pete practically had to carry me to my house in the wee hours of the morning.

"No, she's out of town this weekend," Pete said struggling to keep me standing as we stood in my doorway.

"On her birthday?" Patrick asked in shock. Pete just nodded.

"Izzy, where are your keys?" Pete asked holding me by the shoulder.

"My pocket," I said quietly.

After I had watched Pete admire the girl I despised I had decided it was the perfect opportunity to go past intoxication straight on to fucking smashed. Pete dug in my jeans pockets and pulled out my keys and opened the door. I stumbled forward and fell onto the floor.

"Damn it," Pete said rushing in and helping me up.

"Oh God, Pete. Why did you put me on the scrambler?" I asked holding my head as the room started to spin slowly then went faster and faster.

"Oh shit," Pete said grabbing me up by the arms and pulling me to my feet quickly.

"Oh shit, what?" Patrick asked as Pete started to pull me up the stairs.

"She's gonna puke," he said dragging me down the hallway.

"Oh," Patrick said stopping in his tracks.

Pete got me to my bathroom just in time for me to start the process of emptying out all the contents from my stomach. He held my hair back for me and rubbed my back gently. It was the last thing I want at that moment.

"Please, leave me alone," I cried into the toilet. Pete stopped what he was doing. I couldn't see his face, but I knew he was in shock.

"How about I get you some water," he said standing up and walking out of my room.

I don't think he knew what I wanted. I wanted to be away from him. All I could see in my mind were visions of him laughing with her and flirting with her. And there I was pretending to talk to Andy and Will, but I couldn't take my eyes off of them. He never once looked over at me like he usually does when we go to parties. I started to cry as I threw up more into the toilet.

"Here, take a sip," he said kneeling down with me. I just shook my head no.

"Is she going to be ok?" Patrick asked uneasy from the doorway.

"Yeah. Is it ok that we stay here tonight? I don't want to leave her," Pete said from the floor of the bathroom.

"Sure. I saw a spare bedroom down the hall. I'll just go crash," Patrick said and walked out.

"Go," I said again between pukes.

"No. I'm staying with you," he said pulling my hair to the side again.

"Why, Pete?" I asked crying. I didn't lift my head from the toilet to look at him.

"Because I'm not going to leave you like this," he said and began to rub my neck.

"No, not that," I said sobbing out again.

"Here, have some water," he said trying to get me to drink water.

"Why do you love her?" I asked crying again.

"Who?" he asked quietly.

"Why her? Anyone but her," I cried again and continued to puke.

I don't remember anything that happened after that.
Sign up to rate and review this story