Categories > TV > Supernatural

My Reason To Smile

by SamDeanCass 0 reviews

Dean has been down in the dumps lately so Y/N decides to cheer him up.

Category: Supernatural - Rating: G - Genres: Angst,Romance - Published: 2021-09-25 - 714 words - Complete

0Unrated
You always knew that when Dean lost somebody on a hunt that he would spiral into a pit of depression. It hurt you seeing Dean like that, knowing that he was being plagued with the memories of the hunt.

He hadn’t come out of your shared room for days, which was really starting to worry you. You had no idea how to help him this time. The person that he had lost was a child which made Dean feel 100 times worse.

You sat at the table in the library of the bunker with your head in your hands, wracking your brain for any decent ideas of how to cheer Dean up. Small tears of frustration travelled down your cheeks as you kept coming up blank. Large footsteps sounded towards you and you looked up hoping that it was Dean but feeling disappointed when you saw Sam.

“Hey, Y/N.” He sat down opposite you with a beer in his hand. “How’s Dean holding up?” You shook your head. “Really not good. I’m trying to think of ways that I can cheer him up, but I can’t think of anything.” Sobs began to wrack your body as the feeling of helplessness and guilt travelled over your body.

Sam whipped around the table and hugged you from behind the chair. “Hey, everything’s going to be Ok. We’re going to help Dean through this, me and you. But he needs you strong. He needs to be able to lean on you.” Slowly, the sobs died down and you looked up at Sam before nodding. “Have you got any ideas of how to cheer him up?” A small smile grew on Sams’ face. “I know just the thing.”

You had been cooking in the kitchen for what seemed like forever. You had gotten some of Dean’s favourite pies from Sam and searched up the recipes for them. Some were harder to make than others but you persevered for Dean. You knew how much this would mean to him. As a little surprise, you also made Dean’s favourite meal that his mom always used to make for him: Winchester Surprise.

Before taking the food into Dean, you called Sam into the kitchen to give it all a once over. “Do you really think he’ll like it?” Sam gave you a proud smile and nodded. “He would like anything that you made but he’s going to love this.” Grabbing a plate of pie and the Winchester Surprise, you headed towards yours and Deans shared bedroom and took a deep breath before slowly opening the door.

“Dean, baby.” You could hear slight movement coming from the bed which gave you a glimmer of hope. Setting the plates down on the desk, you wandered over to the bedside table and switched the lamp on. Sitting down next to Dean, you began to run your fingers through his hair and in return you heard a sigh.

“How you feeling, baby?” Dean slowly opened his eyes and looked at you, tears welling up. “Really not good. All I can hear is the kid screaming. I should have been there earlier to save them.” He began to sob, tears now rolling down his cheeks.

Immediately you threw the covers to the side and slid in next to Dean, cradling his head with your arms. “Everything’s going to be Ok, baby. I’m here for you, forever and always. Just let everything out, alright?” He began to sob harder, your heart breaking as he began to get louder.

After a while, Dean began to calm down and his breathing slowed to a reasonable pace. As he calmed down, he focused on the different smells that were evident in the room. Suddenly, he sat up and looked towards the desk before looking back at you. “Y/N, did you make Winchester Surprise? The one that my mom used to make.” You slowly nodded your head which caused him to smile.

“And you made me my favourite pie.” Happiness overcome him and Dean teared up once again, happy tears falling down his face as he smiled widely. “Thank you for making me smile, Y/N. I don’t know what I would do without you with me.”
Sign up to rate and review this story