Categories > Movies > Marvel Cinematic Universe

Partners Forever

by SamDeanCass 0 reviews

Bucky and Y/N have been mission partners for a long time. When they are caught in a life-threatening situation, their feelings for each other come to light.

Category: Marvel Cinematic Universe - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst,Drama,Romance - Warnings: [V] [R] - Published: 2021-09-26 - 1657 words - Complete

0Unrated
You weren’t scared of the hundreds of bullets that were being fired at you, this was just your usual mission. Even though you weren’t scared, you did feel safer than you had ever felt on a mission like this because you had Bucky Barnes by your side.

Nobody ever thought that the Winter Soldier would be able to break free of HYDRA’s hold and start living a normal life, but he did and that was thanks to you. You were the first person that Bucky was introduced to when he was brought into S.H.I.E.L.D and you were assigned to help him adapt to his new life. You took him under your wing and taught him everything that he needed to know about the modern world, and even some things that he didn’t need to know.

When Bucky was fully trained and his time to go out into the field, you assigned yourself to be his mission partner. Both of you had grown a strong bond with each other, stronger than both of you cared to admit. You had both fallen in love with each other but neither wanted to say anything in fear of ruining your strong friendship.

You trusted Bucky with your life, which is why you walked into the line of fire as you knew Bucky would be right behind you. You took a number of them down with a few shots of your gun and walked into the building, with Bucky following right behind you.

Slowly, you combed the corridors for any sign of the object you were searching for. “I don’t even know what this thing looks like!” Your voice was gruff with frustration as you searched yet another dead-end room. “Fury said that we’ll know it when we see it, whatever that means.” An exasperated groan escaped your lips. “Fury and his god-damn riddles. They’re getting on my nerves.” “Hear, hear.”
You and Bucky kept going down the corridor, searching every room, until you came to the last one at the very end of the corridor. You looked at Bucky, silently asking if he was ready, and he nodded and you opened the door.

The room was surprisingly empty, apart from a little box sat on a large pedestal in the middle of it. Bucky and you slowly made your way towards it, not letting your guard down.

You picked the box up and began investigating it, turning it around in your hands. “What in the hell is this? It just looks like a piece of junk..”

“That would be the most precious item on Earth, you insolent fool.” You and Bucky both aimed your guns toward the sound of the voice, which turned out to be the head of HYDRA. “Well, well. Bucky Barnes. Finally seen sense and come home?”

Bucky tensed a little. “This was never my home. It was a torture prison. The best thing that ever happened to me was joining S.H.I.E.L.D. The HYDRA life is behind me now.” The man scoffed. “You can never leave HYDRA behind, James. We’re always going to be in your life, right at the back of your mind and attack when you least expect it.”

With that, HYDRA agents attacked the both of you from both sides. You landed a good few shots on some of them, the same with Bucky, but soon enough your ammo ran out and you were left defending yourself with nothing but your S.H.I.E.L.D. combat training.

You and Bucky were both good, but they were better. It seemed as though they could predict every move you were going to make so they defeated you easier than you cared to admit. Both you and Bucky were breathing heavily on the floor, trying desperately to catch your breath.

Two HYDRA agents came up behind the both of you and pulled you both up by your arms, forcing you to stand. “Thank you for coming home, James. We’re going to get our Winter Soldier back, and as for you..” He turned his attention to you. “I’ve got some very creative things in mind for you. You’re going to have spilt all of S.H.I.E.L.D.’s secrets by the time we’re finished with you, Agent Y/N.”

“NO!” Bucky struggled in the hold of the HYDRA agents. “Take me. Don’t hurt them, please. Take me.” The head of HYDRA laughed maniacally. “It looks like we have a pair of lovers on our hands here everybody, which has given me a lovely new idea. Take them both to the torture room. I’m going to get all of the information I need.”

The both of you struggled in the agents grips as you were took towards the room. You were hardly ever scared but seeing as you couldn’t see an easy way out of this, you were pretty freaking terrified and Bucky could see it in your face.

You were placed in a wooden chair nailed to the floor with your wrists and ankles tied to it. Bucky was placed opposite you with metal shackled covering his wrists and ankles. “We needed to make extra precautions for the likes of you James, given your peculiar arm.”

Bucky struggled against his restraints and the Head made his way towards you. “Now, James. Are you going to join our forces once again and bring reckoning to the world?” Bucky spat on the floor. “Not a chance in hell.” The Head raised his fist and gave a deafening blow to your face. You could have sworn that you heard some of the bones crack in your face.

Bucky closed his eyes in an effort to keep from showing any emotion. This was always his tactic whenever you and him were in this kind of situation. He couldn’t bare to see what was happening to you, otherwise he knew he would crack. “Alright, well, if you’re not going to comply then maybe Y/N will.”

The Head made his way around to the back of Bucky and yanked his head back, holding a knife to his throat. “Tell me, Y/N. What are Nick Fury’s secrets? What doesn’t he want anybody to know?” You stared straight ahead, emotionless. You couldn’t focus on Bucky otherwise you knew you would crack.

Bucky hissed as the knife was pressed deeper onto his skin, drawing a little blood. “C’mon, Y/N. I know that you don’t want anything to happen to Barnes so, just tell me one of S.H.I.E.L.D.’s secrets.” Your eyes travelled to Bucky who was pleading with you not to say anything, but you knew that eventually you would crack. You loved Bucky too much to see even the slightest thing happen to him.

“Alright, I’ll tell you. But please, let Bucky go.” Your head hung in shame as the Head let go of Bucky. You could feel Bucky’s eyes boring into you. He knew that you would do anything to save him, even tell S.H.I.E.L.D.’s most precious secrets. “Finally, we’re getting somewhere.”

He made his way towards you, a sadistic smirk on his face. Kneeling down in front of you and twirling the knife in his hands, waiting impatiently for you to tell him something. “Well, tell me!”

A large smirk fell onto your face. “I’m not going to tell you anything, you bastard! I just wanted to get you away from Bucky!” An irritated growl came from his lips as he lifted the knife in the air and embedded it into your leg. An agonising scream left your lips as white hot pain soared through your body.

Bucky began to struggle in his constraints and he could feel them starting to give way. “I swear, if you touch them again..” “What, Barnes? What exactly are you going to do?” Bucky narrowed his eyes at him. “I’m going to make you wish that you had never been born.”

The Head chuckled darkly and made his way towards the back of you. “What about if I do this?” He began kissing down your face, his fist beginning to wrap around your throat. Bucky thrashed harder as the Head began to tighten the hold on your throat. “Or this?” He rips your shirt open with a flick of his knife and begins to run it up and down your exposed body.

Finally, Bucky’s restraints gave way and he launched towards the Head, knocking you to the floor. Bucky landed punch after punch to him, backing him up against the wall. “Don’t...You...Ever...Touch...Them...Again!” With each word, the punches got harder and eventually, he slumped to the floor knocked out cold.

Bucky ran towards you and picked you and the chair up from the floor. You burst into tears, the recent events finally hitting you. "Don't be scared. I'm right here. He’s never going to be able to hurt you again.” Bucky untied your bounds and you fell into his chest, wrapping your arms around his neck.

“I didn’t know what was going to happen! I nearly told him everything, Buck. I didn’t want him to hurt you because.... I love you.” Bucky held you out in front of him and smiled, planting a kiss on your lips. “I love you to, Y/N. I always have and I always will. This will never happen to you again, I’ll make sure of it.”

He pressed another kiss to your forehead before carefully lifting you and carrying you out of the building, not forgetting what you came for of course.

From that day on, you knew that you and Bucky would always be partners forever.
Sign up to rate and review this story