Categories > Celebrities > Metallica > Memories

Memories

by LadyLissa 1 review

Kirk remembers Cliff.

Category: Metallica - Rating: G - Genres: Angst - Published: 2006-09-29 - Updated: 2006-09-29 - 378 words - Complete

3Moving
Memories

Title: Memories
Part: Complete
Author/pseudonym: LadyLissa
Rating: G
Archive: Tallific, KliqzCamelot
Disclaimers: This is a work of fiction. I do not own these people, nor have any way of knowing what it is they actually do. This is a work of my own imagination. Fiction = not real.
Notes: This is for the challenge Alli made. Hope you like it. 310 words.
Summary: Kirk remembers Cliff.
Warnings: Slight angst.

I still remember him, you know. I remember everything about him, from the way he looked, to the way he sounded, to the way he felt. The way I felt when I was with him.

He had the most beautiful brown eyes. So fucking expressive. Even beyond the music, I think that's what I'll always remember most. It's been 20 years since we lost him, and those eyes still haunt me.

And his hair... Soft, silky, and the color? There isn't another person on earth with hair like that. Sometimes I wake up, my hand trapped under my pillow between the silken sheets and wonder if I've managed to get myself tangled up in Cliff's hair again, then I cry as I wake up because I remember he's gone.

His arms were so strong. Protective and loving as he held me like James does for Lars. So easily he could pick me up and carry me, or just support me when I needed it. No one else has ever made me feel like that, or ever will.

I don't cry every day anymore, though I did for years. But no matter what I'm doing or who I'm with, September 27 every year I make the pilgrimage here to his grave sight and just remember him. Remember the man he was, the man I loved, the man I will always love.

"You ready to go, Kirk?" James asks, his arm around Lars' waist, both of them looking at me with sympathetic eyes.

"Naw, I wanna stay here awhile longer. You two go on back to the hotel and I'll meet up with you later." I tell them. I understand their concern, and it touches me, but right now, I just need to be alone with him. I need to tell him I still love and miss him just one more time.

End.
Sign up to rate and review this story