Categories > Books > Harry Potter > All Men must Serve

Chapter 3: Winterfell

by selenepotter 0 reviews

Harry is with his uncle

Category: Harry Potter - Rating: R - Genres: Crossover,Humor - Characters: Harry - Warnings: [V] [?] - Published: 2022-02-03 - Updated: 2022-02-03 - 2751 words - Complete

0Unrated
JOFFREY

The whole family was cross with me over the delay caused by my insistence over including a stop by Riverrun on the way here. But I couldn’t let slip an opportunity to play with Edmure Tully and his Riverland Jazz Band. Now, they had me duded up in fancy gold clothes and riding a white horse. While the whole family had to tolerate my musical interest, we also had to put up with my father the King’s non-stop yakking about the good old days when he had fostered with Ned Stark in the Vale and war stories from the Rebellion. The worst ones were the ones where he would go on about “making the 8” and encourage me to do that too. King Robert was not the person I wanted to talk about my sex life or lack of with!

But now, we were riding though the gates of Winterfell. Everyone the castle knelt to greet us. A clump of people wearing grey must be the Starks. The oldest girl had fiery red hair. She must be the one my parents have been pressuring me to marry. I could tell she’d likely be a beautiful woman, but for now, she was still just a child. After my father hugged Lord Stark and greeted each of the Starks, he asked to see the crypt, leaving the rest of us flapping in the wind. I stepped forward and kissed the red-haired girls hand, saying:

“You must be Sansa. My name is Joffrey.”

She giggled a looked away for an instant as I kissed her hand.

“And you must be her lovely sister, Arya?” said I, as I bent to kiss her hand too.

“Eww! Yuck!” whined Arya as she snatched her hand away before I could kiss it.

“Arya!” scolded Lady Stark, as I took no notice of what Arya had done and turned to greet the Lady of the North.

I then greeted and shook hands with the Stark boys: Robert (call me Robb), Brandon (Bran) and Rickon. I had made a point of learning all their names in advance. I then turned to the other boy dressed in grey, the one who was behind them trying not to be noticed. I pushed past the other Starks and grasped his hand.

“You must be Jon” I said warmly, ignoring the scowls of both my mother and Lady Stark.

“Yes. And you are Prince Joffrey, pleased to meet you,” replied Jon.

“Lady Stark, could you show us to our rooms?” interrupted my mother.

I shrugged and followed to my room.

JON

When Tyrion Lannister staggered out of the feast he was surprised to see a teen-aged boy wrapped in a cloak sitting on a stump facing him with his eyes closed. They opened as Tyrion asked:

“Aren’t you the Stark Bastard?”

“Yes,” I answered. Tyrion seemed surprised that he had not offended me.

“What are you doing out here?” asked Tyrion.

“Lady Stark fears that the sight of me might offend the King.” I replied.

“More likely it’s my sister who would be offended,” mused Tyrion. “Though it is not really hard for her to find reasons to get offended. I’m sure she’ll think of something before the night it through. That explains why you are not in there, but not why you are out here instead of somewhere else?”

“I am Keeping Watch,” I explained. “Someone in there is not whom they appear to be.”

“That’s very likely,” agreed Tyrion. “With the King here, there are many factions that might have planted a spy in our midst: the Spider, one of the Lords Paramount, considering who my father is, I could be your spy. But one thing that puzzles me: You are keeping Watch over the feast . . . . out here, with your eyes closed?”

“I’m using the Force to sense things in there,” I explained, knowing it would mean nothing to him.

“The Force?” asked Tyrion. “Is that part of you Old Gods Religion?”

“No the Force is the unifying energy or consciousness that holds everything in the universe together,” I explained. “But it is not part of the faith of the Old Gods. As far as I know I am the only one in the world who knows about the Force.”

“You’ve invented your own religion?” exclaimed Tyrion. “How fascinating! Tell me more about this Force religion. Does Might make Right in your religion?”


TORMUND

CRACK! The Wight Walker shattered as I plunged my Sword of Icy Fire into it.

“Everyone all right?” I asked, while waiting for the blizzard to clear enough to see.
“Aye, I will be once you get these bodies off me” replied Ygrette, faintly.

“I’m fine,” called out Orys

“Wun Wun,” replied the giant, who had called out his own name.

Following the sound of her voice, I waded through the snow. It had cleared enough for me to see the pile of wight bodies that Ygrette was buried under.

“This is turning out to be harder than I thought” I mused.

“Ya killed the Wight Walker again, didn’t ya?” scolded Ygrette.

“Every time we try this, there are either so many wights we have to flee, or you end up killing the Wight Walker that controls them,” groused Orys.

“Now I wish I had gone South of the Wall with Mance to spy on the kneeler King,” mumbled Ygrette.

“Kings are usually just a disappointment,” I said. “We’ll just keep at it. Sooner or later well find a lone Wight that we can capture.”


JON

I was alone in the practice yard. Most of the men had gone on the Hunt with the King. The few that were left were on guard duty. The Force had given me a vision that told me I should be here, in sight of the Broken Tower that my brother Bran was climbing. This was nothing new. He climbed the walls all the time. I went through my katas, practicing with my sword even without an opponent.

Suddenly the Forced called out to me, as a hand reached out the window and pulled Bran in. I ran toward the base of the tower only to see Bran go flying out the window! I reached out with the Force to halt his fall.

“Ooowww!!” screamed Bran in pain, as his fall slowed to a stop.

I should have expected this. This anti-Force that comes from the Weirwood Tree is painful to me. And of all my siblings, Bran has the most of it. It makes sense that he, in turn, would find the Force to be painful. And I was directing a lot of it him. I lowered him to the ground.

“Are you all right?” I asked.

“I think so,” gasped Bran. “The Kingslayer and the Queen with wrestling naked and I saw them. So the Kingslayer pushed me and then there was big pain. What was that?”

“I used the Force to catch you,” I explained. “We should get out of here before the notice that-”

“Brandon Stark!” called out Ser Jamie Lannister, as he stood at the entrance of the tower with his sword drawn.

“Stay behind me Bran,” I said as I prepared to lock swords with one of the most famous swordsman in the land. I could see the Queen running away as Ser Jamie made the first swing. I blocked it and returned the attack.

Fighting the famous Kingslayer turned out to be a big disappointment. I probably could have beaten him if a crowd of knights it red cloaks had not shown up. Even then, I was fighting with a handicap, they were fighting to kill Bran and I. I was fighting to prevent them from killing either of us. But in spite of my handicap, I managed to kill some of the red cloaks before a voice boomed out:

“STOP THIS MADNESS IN THE NAME OF YOUR KING!”

Ser Jamie immediately planted his sword in the ground and knelt. I did the same, while keeping an eye on the red cloaks to make certain that they were also stopping.

“What are you doing?” yelled the Queen, from up on the balcony, where a group had gathered to watch. “Kill them!”

“Quiet woman!” yelled the King. “Now what is going on here? Seven of my wife’s guards are dead!”

“Jon was just protecting me!” pleaded Bran. “I was climbing the Tower and I saw the Queen and Kingslayer wrestling, then he pushed me out the window, but Jon caught me, then the Kingslayer came down and started fighting with Jon and some other knights showed to help, so Jon had to fight them too!”

“Kingslayer! Is any of that true?” demanded the King.

Ser Jamie gave a great sigh as seemed to find his inner strength, before he looked up and said: “I will take the Black. Just let my children live and I will take the Black.”

“What are you talking about?” asked King Robert.

“The children, Cersei’s children. I’m the father. Let my children live and I will take the Black. I’ll even write a letter explaining things so my father doesn’t go to war over this.” begged Ser Jamie.

“Jamie! What are you doing?” screamed Cersei.

King Robert stepped back a step and gaped at Ser Jamie’s confession. Then looked at Cersei, then at Ser Jamie again, the Cersei, the looked around like he was looking for his children, which were probably all safely locked away in their rooms, with guards. He looked at Ser Jamie one last time before giving and animalistic growl and leaping on Ser Jamie to pound him with his fists. Ser Jamie just took it and did nothing to resist. Eventually my father, Lord Stark, pulled Robert off him before a female scream rang out. Up on the balcony, the Queen was holding a dagger at the throat of my sister, Arya.

“Let him go!” yelled the Queen. “Robert, you are going to release Jamie and let him and me and my children go or the little Stark girl gets it!”

“Cersei no!” begged Ser Jamie.

Suddenly Arya bit down on the Queens hand, causing her to drop the knife and allowing Arya to slip out of her grasp. Taking advantage of the distraction, Lady Stark punched the Queen hard enough to knock her on her back. Before anyone could stop her, Arya leaped onto Cersei’s chest, picked up the dagger and plunged it through the Queens eye!

“Seven Hells! She’s like Lyanna reborn!” laughed Robert as Lady Stark drug her daughter off the late Queen. “Take him! Put the Kingslayer in a cell. And find me the Imp! You and me Ned and the Imp. We need to have a long talk about this. Figure out what we are going to do.”


JOFFREY

I didn’t know what what was going on. Why had I been locked in my room with the Hound all day and all night? Finally, the next morning, a Stark guard came for me. As I was led out, I saw that Tommen was coming too, his favorite cat, Ser Pounce, in his arms. We were brought to the Main Hall. My Father, the King and the entire Stark family, even the bastard, were seated at the table on the dias. Uncle Tyrion was also seated at the table. Before them, stood Ser Jamie, who was in chains and my sister, Myrcella.

“Clegaine, you are relieved. You are not longer Joffrey’s Sworn Sword. You may Leave us,” Commanded my Father the King, before turning to us. “I am sorry to tell you this. But your mother is dead. Before she died, the Kingslayer here confessed that he is your true father.”

“How could you!” yelled Tommen as he dropped his cat and began hitting Ser Jamie with his fists. He was too small to small do any harm. So Ser Jamie just let him.

“Now that that is known, your name is Waters, not Baratheon,” Continued King Robert. “Your Father in an effort to get me to spare your lives, has offered to take the Black. But in order to prevent someone from using you to usurp me and my heirs- . . . . I’m sorry Joffrey, Tommen, but you’ll have to go to The Wall with him.”

“What?!” I yelled. “But I haven’t done any thing! It’s not my fault. Please don’t make me go to The Wall! Can’t you send me to Riverrun instead? I’ll abdicate! I’ll renounce the Throne forever!”

“I’m sorry, but if I let you run loose in the 7 Kingdoms, someone like your Grandfather might get hold of you and try to make you king.” replied King Robert.

“Bloody Hell! This is a big fucking load of bollocks!” I yelled.

“Father, what will happen to me?” asked Myrcella.

“I’m not your Father, “ reminded King Robert. “You will remain here. Like the Greyjoy boy, you will be fostered here with the Starks and held hostage against your grandfather’s good behavior. Similarly, your Uncle Tyrion will go back with us to King’s Landing, for the same reason. You can stay with your father until he and your brothers leave for The Wall.”

JON

After the Kingslayer and his children left, the King turned and looked at me.

“For our next bit, Jon Snow come down here,” commanded the King, pointing in front of himself.

Since my seat was on the end, it was easy to make my way down from the dais and stand in front of the King.

“So what are you planning to do with your life?” asked the King.

“Well, I considered joining the Nights Watch like my Uncle Benjen,” I began. “But I don’t like that bit about taking no wife. For similar reasons, I’m not really interested in becoming a King’s Guard. I could go to Essos and become a sell-sword.”

“You’d be a good one,” agreed the King. “Seven kills. Seven! And while fighting the Kingslayer to a stand-still!”

“Well I had to protect my brother, Bran at the same time, so I had to hold back,” I explained.

“Hold Back! He held himself back!” Laughed the King. “You’d make a great sell-sword!”

“Perhaps,” I agreed. “But I think I would rather stay here, help my family, maybe even someday become captain of the guard here?”

“Well, perhaps you could help me with a little problem?” mused the King. “You see, I have been wanting to unite my family with your father’s for a long time. I wanted to marry your Aunt Lyanna, but she died in the Rebellion. Then I tried to betroth your sister to my heir. But now I don’t have an heir anymore. So I was thinking I could betroth you to my niece, Shireen. I saw the lengths you went to protect your brother, would you do the same for your wife and Queen?”

“But I’m a bastard!” I protested.

“Easily fixed!” exclaimed the King as he stood from the table and walked around to where I was. “Kneel.” He commanded as he drew his sword and tapped me on the shoulder. “In the name of the Seven and the Old Gods and all that shit, I dub you Ser Jon Stark.”


TRYSTANE

“I would let his entire Kalisar fuck you, all 50,000 of them, And their horses, if it would get me the Iron Throne,” stated Viserys.

“I’m sorry to hear you say that,” said Daenerys. “I had such hopes that you would be a worthy King for my sister. But you are such a disappointment. You’re just as mad as your father.”

Trystane dropped the illusion, revealing his true face to the Beggar King.

“Wha-! Who are you?” gasped Viserys. “Where’s Daenerys? What have you done to her?”

“She’s fine,” replied Trystane. “Wearing the guise of one of the servants allowed me to slip some herbs into her wine. She’s sleeping it off now. But she’ll be fine by tomorrow morning. You, however, will not be. There is nothing more important than family. And I can’t allow you to marry my sister.”
Before Viserys could stop him Trystane had slit his throat with a dagger. He left the Beggar King to bleed out, as he vanished back into the wereworld.
Sign up to rate and review this story