Categories > Books > Harry Potter > Clanmariza

Chapter 95: Winter travels

by selenepotter 0 reviews

Mariza travels in the Winter

Category: Harry Potter - Rating: G - Genres: Crossover,Erotica - Characters: Luna - Warnings: [X] [?] - Published: 2022-03-25 - 2580 words

0Unrated
CL95
I just wanted to recomend
Kalies Journey by Sandy Saidak

Clanluna

Chapter 95: Winter travels

Harry Potter is owned by JK Rowling
Earth’s Children is owned by Jean Auel

After the animals had been stunned and shrunken, Zeen made them a portkey to return Mariza’s Hufflepuff Clan to their cave. Mariza and Đučaviča tearfully said farewell to their sons, who would begin their magical studies this winter with Luna’s Abraxas Clan.

Once they’d arrived at the Hufflepuff cave, Mariza pulled out her wand, enlarged and revived the animals. She then got to work planting the new magical plants that Iza had given her and packing for her journey.

Mariza couldn’t stay and go into mating isolation, but she let the mog-ur perform the ceremony mating Vezava and Đebotiča to her as well as between Zuradan and Đebotiča. She’d named Zuradan as temporary Leader while she was gone.

Mariza Shared Pleasures that night with all her mates for one last time.

The next morning, Mariza arose before anyone else. She kissed her daughters Širiža and Vantha goodbye without waking them, then crept out of the cave. Her divinations had told her that she would need two horses. So she was taking Whinney and Stomp. After climbing on Whinney, she took one last look around at the cave entrance and the stone circle. The mammoth was grazing with the horses. She’d failed to train the baby mammoth this summer . . . she’d been too busy . . . . but she couldn’t bear to let the mammoth be hunted! . . . . She’d lead it away from the cave and let it go . . . .

Mariza hummed as deeply as she could and waved at the mammoth. It looked at her and started towards of her. Mariza set out, tears running down her cheeks as she rode away from her Cave.

Mariza had brought with her enough dried meat and plants that she wouldn’t need to hunt or forage along the way. All of it was shrunken down in her saddlebags. But just in case, she’d also brought her bow and a quiver of arrows, as well as her sling.
She had a full set of winter clothes packed away. But it was still warm enough to wear her summer-dress and riding boots.
She’d packed her tipi so she could wait out the winter storms and her divination tools so she could tell when to stay and when to go.
For healing, she had her otterskin medicine bag and her pouch of potions.
Her wand was safely tucked behind her ear. And used it to summon and shrink firewood as she rode.

After a day of riding, she came upon a grassy area that looked like a good place for the mammoth to live. So Mariza pulled her wand from behind her ear and used it to enlarge and set up the tipi. She hobbled the horses so they wouldn’t run away, then, ducking low, stepped into the oversized tipi that was large enough to accommodate her family. She enlarged some firewood to start a fire, then enlarged some food and started cooking. Once she’d eaten, Mariza curled up in her furs and cried herself to sleep . . . she missed her children and mates. . . .

Mariza awoke the next morning to find the owls sitting on her. Two of them had letters.

“MAMA why go. Luv siRizA”

from her oldest daughter. She was just learning to read and write. Vezava and Đučaviča would have to teach her now.

The other was from Đučaviča, telling Mariza how much they all missed her.

After eating a breakfast and getting dressed, Mariza put the owls on the back of Stomp the horse. She’d write back in the evening. She shrunk and packed everything up, then doused the fire that had been in the middle of the tipi with a jet of water from her wand. She then climbed onto Whinney’s back and started out. . . .
. . . the mammoth was following.

“No! Stay here!” said Mariza, in both English and sign. The mammoth continued to follow her.
“NO! Go away!”

The mammoth still followed her.
She didn’t want to be cruel to the animal, and she didn’t want to slow down, but she couldn’t get the mammoth to stop following her!

Over the next week, the mammoth continued to follow her. After that, she began training it. Teaching it to kneel on command so she could climb on it, and teaching it to let her ride it and go where she’d guided it. But through it all, she kept going.

In the evening, she’d send a letter to her Clan, in the morning she receive a new missive. After two weeks, she got a bundle of letters from Iga, Luna and her mother, Ayla. Zariz was enjoying learning magic. He’d started last summer with Herbalogy lessons from Iza and Astronomy lessons from Ekwus. Now Luna was teaching him Defense and Transfiguration, Zeen was Teaching him Charms and Ayla was teaching him potions. The course load was not so hard right now as their clan was busy harvesting plants and hunting. But two of Zariz’s classmates were too Clan to say the incantations. They were having to jump straight to silent casting, a skill that Mariza had not acquired.

When winter arrived. Luna’s owls were no longer able to deliver letters. But Mariza was able to stay in touch as her own snowy owls were able to fly, even in winter. They knew how to take shelter when the storms became too severe.

By winter, Đučaviča had persuaded the Hufflepuff Clan to tear down and rebuild the stable right so it wouldn’t leak. And she was able to persuade the Clan to build a new stone-house for herself and Đebotiča. Neither of the other women were able to overcome their discomfort at the open hearths of the Clan. Mariza had grown up that way. But the Đűmbleđore Clan had partitions in their cave. And Đučaviča had lived in a stone-house outside of the main cave for years. She was used to more privacy.
So the women had given Zuradan a sleep schedule. Every other night, he’d spend in their stone-house. The other nights he’d spend with Vezava.

Mariza’s skill with divination steered her south of the mountains to a place between the mountains and a sea. Knowing that a bad winter storm was almost here, Mariza had set up the tipi in the middle of the day and started a fire. She went outside to check on the animals one last time. The horses were cuddling up to the mammoth for warmth. They could tell that the storm was near too. The wind was picking up and snow was flurrying.

Suddenly Mariza spotted a man, heavily dressed in wraps charging with a large spear in his hands . . . and another. . . . and another. . . .

Mariza reached into the hood of her parka and pulled her wand from behind her ear.

“Stupify!” yelled Mariza as she stunned a hunter. She then turned on the other:
“Stupify!”
. . . then the other:
“Stupify!”
. . . she spotted another:
“Stupify!”
. . . and one more:
“Stupify!”

She took a look and one of the men. As she suspected, he was Clan. She hadn’t had time for introductions of arguments about whether they could hunt her animals. And if she left them out in the storm that was now arriving, they’d die. She levitated them one by one into her tipi. By the time she got the last one, the blizzard was so thick that she had to douse to find the tipi.

She’d laid them in a pile in the tipi. Mariza prepared a meal for six after taking off her parka and mittens. After it was done, she levitated one man separate from the pile and revived him:

“Enervate!”

She then tucked her wand behind her ear and while he was righting himself, she sat down in front of him with her head bowed.

She sat there as he looked around at the inside of the tipi, the fire, the large bowl of stew, the pile of men and her. The howling winds made it clear that to set foot outside of the tipi, would mean death. Finally, he tapped her on the shoulder.

“This woman would like to know if the man wants some stew?” signed Mariza, in the ancient Clan signs.

“Are you a spirit?” signed the Clan man. “Are we in the Spirit World?”

“No. You are in this woman’s tent,” signed Mariza. “This woman knew you would go to the spirit world if she let you stay in the storm.”

“What happened to them?” asked the man.

“You were trying to hunt my animals, so this Weech put them to sleep,” signed Mariza before intoning: “Wingardium Leviosa!” and levitation a wooden cup to scoop some of the stew up and then levitated it over to the man.

He leapt to his feet, banging his head on a pole in his effort to escape the spirit food.

“You are a Spirit!” signed the man, with wide eyes before he willed them to glaze over.

“This woman is not a Spirit!” signed Mariza. “This woman is a Weech! This woman wields magic!” (She’d said the word: ‘Weech’ out loud, as well as using the sign for it that Iga had invented)

The man continued to ignore her.

“You can either, step out into the blizzard, or stay here and have some stew with this woman,” signed Mariza.

The Clan man reached out and cuffed her for her insolence.

“Sajzuv aher!” intoned Mariza, as she transfigured him into a hare.

Mariza glared at him for a moment.

“You not hit this woman again, or next time . . . this woman will not change you back,” signed Mariza before changing him back into a Clan man.

“Now eat your stew!” signed Mariza, as she handed him the cup of stew.

While he ate, she helped herself to her own cup and ate along with him. After they were done, she asked him:

“What is your name?”

“Zog”

Mariza repeated it and pointed at him. She then pointed to herself. “Mariza”

“Maaaarzaaaa . . .Maaaariiiiiaaaaa . . . Maaaarrrriiiiizzzaaa. . .”

Mariza nodded her acceptance.

“Is your cave nearby?” signed Mariza.

“You were hunting. Does your Clan have enough food to make it through winter?” signed Mariza, after he nodded.

“It depends on how long winter lasts,” signed Zog

“After the storm, this woman will let you return to your cave,” signed Mariza. “Now help me meet the rest of your men.”

After Mariza had awoken the rest of them and convinced them that she meant no harm, but could not be pushed around either. They settled into a routine. She’d cook meals for them and trade stories. Mariza freely used magic around them, keeping the fear into them. One day, she realized that is was the night for the winter Mother Festival. She was glad none of the then had given her “the Signal”. She’d stopped taking the totem strengthening herb last summer. But they were all half-certain that she was a spirit. And they thought she was too big and ugly, anyway.

When the storm finally broke and Mariza had assured herself that it was safe with a quick tarot reading, she sent the men on their way and packed up her things to travel again. She was able to travel most of a day before having to stop and wait out another storm.

Being alone in this storm gave her time to think. About babies and “the Signal”. Mariza didn’t think Luna could be right about stork spirits finding babies in a Cabbage patch and carrying them to women. She was certain that was another one of Luna’s pranks. (like her claim that she wasn’t the Goddess) But Ayla’s theory of men’s organ’s starting babies was starting to make sense. Zeen had told her that he could tell from memories that every man had part of a man’s spirit and part of a woman’s spirit. Zeen was able to trace back memories through either the male or female spirit. Zeen had even confirmed that Thonlan’s theory that Wilmar had be made from his brother’s spirit was correct. Thonlan also theorized that Mariza was of Dyondar’s spirit. But since she’d never participated in a men’s ceremony, Zeen couldn’t confirm it.

When she thought back, Mariza had felt herself Blessed immediately after Zeen performed her First Rites, after Sharing Pleasures with Širtić at the Mother Festival, and after Veltin of the Vanthonoi had Forced her. The only other times she’d had a man put her organ in her was when she was already Blessed, or when she was on the totem-strengthening herb. So that would seem to support Ayla’s male organ idea.

Perhaps people already knew this on an instinctual level. That would explain the incest taboo. According to Thonlan, the Zellandonii had very elaborate taboos about what was and was not incest. The Đumbleđores had brought with them taboos that were almost as complex. The Clan had rather simpler rules. But even they did not allow mothers to Relieve the Needs of their sons or sisters to Relieve the Needs of their brothers. That’s why it had shocked her so much that Iga and Wilmar had participated in her initiation together. After Vezava had indicated that she wanted to switch partners, (she wanted to Share the moment with her Goddess as much as Mariza did) they’d Shared in almost every combination. Wilmar hadn’t stuck his organ in Iga. They’d helped each other please her or Vezava or Luna. But if Tholan was correct, then Mariza was glad she had been on the totem-strengthening herb when she Shared Pleasures with Wilmar. Still, it had satisfied her curiosity and healed and old wound inflicted by Mara. But she wouldn’t be doing that again with the man she suspected was her brother.

Perhaps the unconscious knowledge was the reason behind the Mother Festival, the redfoot, the 1st Rites, and even “the Signal”. Each of those customs gave a woman an opportunity to Share Pleasures with a man who was not her mate, who might not even be in her Clan, thus increasing the diversity of the spirits of her children.


Mariza traveled between storms as she turned from West to North and the first signs of Spring started to appear.

Mariza was riding Whinney with Stomp and Muta following behind when she heard a woman scream to her left. Changing direction, Mariza charged towards the sound. She rode up to a scene of horror. A man was holding down the arms of a blonde-haired woman, while another man Forced her. Another two men were holding the arms of a badly bruised man behind his back. His leg was broken and in his struggles, he had pulled both his shoulders out of joint, but the men were still making him watch the woman be Forced!





Mariza (25) - Other, (Golden blonde hair, sky-blue eyes) Leader, Ayla’s daughter, Weech, , Đučaviča’s former 2nd mate. clanluna, redfoot, N: Cr,H,R,Div, Care prodigy (Stork totem)
---Zariz (10) – ¼ Clan son of Mariza, Weez-ur
Sign up to rate and review this story