Categories > Books > Harry Potter > Tender Beast

Downhill

by SoniaBibi

In everything and with everyone, he was acting like the lowest bastard. Half of the time, he was drunk. He fought. He cussed. Elvein kept silent.

Category: Harry Potter - Rating: NC-17 - Genres: Romance - Characters: Draco - Published: 2022-03-25 - 801 words - Complete

?Blocked
"Ooooh, the Headboy himself has blessed us with his presence! We do not deserve it! We are not worth it!" Blaize started sallying by kneeling in front of him.

"You may not stand, but next time, I expect red carpet and flowers," answered Draco as he plopped himself on the sofa. Putting his feet on the handle, he crossed his hand on his chest.

"What kind of wind blew you towards our common room? Did you fight?"

"What do you mean?"

"Today, I asked Elfy if she would go to Slughorn's party with me, and before that, as suited to a true friend, I also asked if she was going with you. She answered no and agreed to go on masquerade together. Please don't blame me for plagiarism, pal, but your plan is truly amazing. So, for one night, I will also waltz myself around cameras with weird squibs offspring and next day will return her to you, untouched and unspoiled."

"Blaize, you bastard! What the hell are you talking about? What plan? She's a human being, not a toy!"

"Woah, Woah, chill, buddy! I haven't forced anyone. She is the one who agreed to go out with me. Plus, I'm not planning on pawing her. So, relax, have a fire-whiskey, and look who's coming? Hey Pansy! Wanna have a fire-whiskey?"

The rest of the night, Draco spent in silence. Blaize Zabini, that calculating bastard who never does anything without his own profit. Was Elvein really that blind? But what was he even hoping for? She told him earlier that she loved someone else a that she was not interested in romantic relationships. All she wanted was friendship. She was an excellent friend. But for Draco, that was not enough. Not nearly enough! Familiar anger started gnawing his bones and, inside him, it slowly grew dark. This was not about the stupid party! She told him that no matter what, she would always love Blaize. Draco was always beside her, helping with all he could, sharing her pains, supporting her with all he had got, but Elvein still chose Zabini.

Draco's entire life, he was dragged into affairs he was not capable of solving, always turning looser at the end. Who was he? Rejected from the golden trio, disgraced ex-death eater. Why on earth would Elvein choose him? How did he deserve it? He did not. Then why did she let him come so close to her, to fall for her so hard? Why did he allow himself that?!

He painfully loved and hated Elfy, and this hellish mixture was driving him insane. He was angry at Elvein, Zabini, Damian, but mostly at himself.

That night he spent time in Slytherin's dorm. On the second night, he refused to patrol. On the third day, he invited Pansy to the party. He did not glance at Elfy's side, and at every possibility, was licking with Pansy for show. In everything and with everyone, he was acting like the lowest bastard. Half of the time, he was drunk. He fought. He cussed. Elvein kept silent.

Blaize kept telling everyone that he and Elfy would be In & Yan, so no one else would wear the same costumes. Pansy also wanted to go with matching outfits, but Malfoy refused.

Days passed in unbearable silence. He could not even see Elvein anymore. Jealousy and anger drove him to the point when at first sight of Elvein in their common room, he dragged Pansy into the toilet and made sure to be very, very loud.

"You were amazing, Draco!" Parkinson was fixing her clothes. "Very rough but amazing."

"Go to hell, Pansy!"

"Such a grumpy one." Pansy eyed him with a satisfied look and left the small tower with a triumphant grin.

Returning to the common room, Malfoy was surprised to find Elvein, still sitting at her spot near the window. This time, with her back to him.

"Do you like to eavesdrop Tempels?"

"No."

"Then why have you not crawled into your den? For the last few days, you have been perfect at that."

"Was not that what you wanted? For me to hear you?"

Elvein's straightforwardness disarmed him once more. Just now, he realized how low and undignified his action was. But what could he do now? His body dropped on the sofa and hid his face in his palm. He tried one last time:

"Zabini is a calculating bastard who-"

"Does not do anything without his own profit. Yes. I know."

"But you still will go out with him, right?"

"Yes," her answer was barely a whisper. She still kept her back to him.

The last drop of Draco's patience evaporated. He went to his bedroom and slammed the door so loudly that the frame shuttered. Elvein's trembling fingers poured herself a red wine.
Sign up to rate and review this story