Categories > TV > Battlestar Galactica > Unhuman

Chapter 37: Odyssey

by selenepotter 0 reviews

Fleet Admiral’s log, Stardate 57614.8 - We are expecting a couple of freighters today.

Category: Battlestar Galactica - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Crossover,Sci-fi - Characters: William Adama - Warnings: [?] - Published: 2022-04-09 - 1598 words - Complete

0Unrated
Unhuman

Chapter 37: Odyssey

Fleet Admiral’s log, Stardate 57614.8 - We are expecting a couple of freighters today. The Tarquinian freighters that we met them in were all towed to Mars, stripped of their warp drives and given Jump drives. Since then, they have been moving freight as a business. The planet Tarquinus is rich in mineral resources. Kobol is not. The mines were played out by the original people here. Mars has no tylium or dilithium. Tarquinus is not a good place for agriculture. Kobol and Talos IV are. Even with our industrial replicator, some things like heavy metals are cheaper to mine and import than to replicate. When you try to replicate anything heavier than iron, the energy requirements increase exponentially. Many of the ships that were part of our rag-tag fleet when we were running from the Cylons have gone back into service as freighters. So we’re giving the Tarquinians some competition in the hauling business.

Kobol Orbit - Battlestar Galactica - C&C

“DRADIS contact!” announced Lieutenant Colicos. “ . . .Federation transponder . . . It’s Colonial Movers”

“Right on time,” observed Commander Dualla.

“They’re here to unload more tylium,” replied Captain Gaeta. “Have them rendezvous with the refinery ship.”

“Another DRADIS contact!” announced Lieutenant Colicos. “It’s the Marwark!”

“They’re early!” exclaimed Dualla. “They weren’t supposed to be here for another deci-day!”

“They’re too close together!” exclaimed Lieutenant Colicos. “They’re going to collide!”

“Put me on an open channel!” said Captain Gaeta as he grabbed the receiver so he could broad cast to them. “Marwark, reverse thrust, bring your ship to a complete stop! Colonial Movers, turn 3 degrees port so you can avoid collision.”

“Colonial Movers was still approaching the Marwark” announced Lieutenant Colicos. “Their inertia is to great to overcome. 1200 meters . . . 800 meters . . . 400 meters . . . 200 meters . . . 100 meters . . . 50 meteres . . . 20 meters . . . 10 . . . 9 . . . 8 . . . 7 . . . 6 . . . 7 . . . The Colonial Movers is pulling way from the Marwark.”

“That was a close one,” mused Gaeta

“Tell me about it!” agreed Dualla.

“Another DRADIS contact!” announced Lieutenant Colocos. “ . . .Colonial transponder . . . It’s Odyssey!”

“Did they jump into the same spot as the other two?” asked Captain Gaeta.

“Negative,” replied Lieutenant Colicos. “They appeared 12,000 kilometers from the landing zone.”

“Patch me through to them,” commanded Gaeta. “Then, alert the Admiral”

“Odyssey, this is Galactica Actual, please respond,” said Gaeta.

“This is Odyssey Actual,” said a female voice. “How do we know this isn’t a Cylon trick? There’s Base ship here!”

“We might say the same of you,” replied Gaeta. “But we can sent you our old Colonial authentication codes and you can send yours.”

“Codes received,” said Lieutenant Hatch. “They match the Colonial codes for the Odyssey.”

“Another DRADIS contact!” announced Lieutenant Colicos. “Two of them! . . . Federation transponders. . . configuration matches Medeusan design . . . it’s the Polvo and the Pugita.”

“This Fleet Admiral William Adama,” said a voice on the open channel. “Basestar Tarturus, move to the opposite side of the planet from the Odyssey, maintain position so that you are constant in opposition to the the Odyssey. We don’t want to make our colonial brothers nervous. Commander Illyria, are you here to join us?”

“I’m willing to have an open mind about it,” said the voice of Commander Penelope Illyria. “We came here to see if the stories our pilots told us are true.”

“Well then, welcome to Kobol.” responded Adama. “How about we meet face to face?”

“That would be possible,” agreed Illyria. “Do I need to take the Raptor to Galactica, or the surface?”

“How about we use some of our advanced tech to transport you down?” suggested Adama.

“Are to referring to this teleportation device my officers described?” asked Illyria. “Is it safe?”

“Perfectly safe,” soothed Adama. “In fact the Medeusian version is even more advanced than the one that your officers rode. Captain Ložičić, can you transport Commander Illyria to my office?”

“If we could locate her, we could,” replied the Medeusan Captain of the Polvo. “But all the humans look alike on our scanners.”

“Captain Democr, can you find Commander Illyria and give her location to the Polvo’s transporter chief?”

(Affirmative Fleet Admiral,) telepathically sent the Talosian Captain of the Zeus.

“Then do so now,” commanded Adama.

There was a momentary shimmer and Commander Illyria suddenly found herself in the Fleet Admiral’s office. She started patting herself to make sure all her parts were there. There was a middle-aged man sitting behind a desk, wearing red and black pajamas.

“Commander Illyria, welcome to Kobol,” announced Adama.

“This is no feldercarb?” asked Illyria. “This really is Kobol?”

“It is,” confirmed Adama. “And we really have made peace with the Cylons and formed a government with them, and some aliens. Have you come to join us? Are you willing to accept my authority?”

“What happens to my people if I do?” asked Illyria.

“You and your people will be given 4 days leave on Kobol, 2 days here in Athens and 2 days in Sparta,” explained Adama. “You’ll come down 50 at a time. No one will be exempt from this leave. It’s important that your people all know they have a home planet to go home to. After each person has finished their 4 days leave, they’ll have a choice: Join the Federation’s Starfleet, or retire from service and settle on one of the Federation worlds. They can even go back to the Colonies if they want. But if they do, they’re have to learn to live in Cylon society because they are the majority there. Those who join Starfleet will Have to submit to a machine that will almost instantly teach them about Starfleet knowledge and procedures and be given equivalent Ranks to their current one. Some of your people will be promoted in order to fill the ranks of people who decided to retire. Once everyone has completed their leave and made their choice, The Odyssey will be sent to Mars, that’s a world in the same system as Earth, which is also real, by the way. The Borg have settled on Mars, and they will upgrade the Odyssey and turn it into a dedicated platform for launching photon torpedoes. Those are high speed antimatter missiles that can take out a Base Ship with a single shot. After that, I’ll send you on a tour of the systems in that part of the galaxy, just to show the flag and give your crew time to visit some alien worlds. Is this the kind of life you see for your self and your crew?”

She came to attention and gave him a Colonial salute.

“Commander Penelope Illyria, reporting for duty sir!”

“At ease, Captain,” commanded Adama, as he returned her salute. “That’s your new rank. The Starfleet ranks run a little different. A Starfleet Captain is the equivalent of a Colonial Commander and your XO will be a Federation Commander. Now let’s call your ship to let them know you are all right, then pick fifty of your people to join you for your four days of leave.”

Still afraid this might be a Cylon trick, Captain Illyria ordered fifty of her lowest ranked people to come down to the planet on leave with her.


Deep Space - Battlestar Atalanta - C&C

“DRADIS contact!” announced Lieutenant Yannis. “ . . . It has a Colonial transponder. . . . It’s a Raptor, Commander. But It’s not one of ours.”

“Set Action Stations,” commanded Commander Oedi Korren. “Have the CAP check them out.”

“Action Stations! Set Condition 1 throughout the ship,” announced Major Mirdahk over the PA.


“Commander, I’m looking in the front window of the Raptor,” reported the CAG from his Viper. “The people inside do not appear to be skin-jobs.”

“Escort them to the starboard landing bay, then bring them in,” commanded Commander Korren.

It had been thought best to have the Raptor crew consist of only non-Cylon humans dressed in Colonial Flight suits with their Starfleet uniforms under them. Ray ‘Hot Stick’ Walston and Juli ‘Steady’ Drajfus took off their helmets and stepped out of their Raptor, only to be met by two squads of marines with their weapons pointed at them.

“Who the frak are you and where the frak did you come from!?!” demanded Major Mirdahk.

“I’m Lieutenant Walston and this is Lieutenant Drajfus,” said Hot Stick. “We’re from the Battlestar Galactica. We made peace with the Cylons and they told us you were out here somewhere. So we’ve been searching for you for a long time. We have a letter and data tape for your CO from Fleet Admiral Adama.”

Major Mirdahk took both the letter and data tape from them, broke the seal and opened the letter. He read through the contents of the letter, then crumpled it and threw it to the deck.

“It’s a trick from the toasters!” yelled Major Mirdahk. “Space them!”

Instantly a pair of marines grabbed each of them and started dragging them away towards the landing bay airlock.

“No! Wait! You don’t have to do this!” protested Hot Stick. “We’re Human, just like you!”

The Marines ignored their pleas as they dragged them towards the door that led to the landing bay. Sometimes, people had to put on flight suits and go repair things. They’s why this particular airlock was here. Today it would be used to execute Cylon spies. The two of them were shoved in and the door sealed before Sargent Shriver pushed the button that opened the outer door, exposing the two to the hard vacuum of the Landing Bay.
Sign up to rate and review this story