Categories > TV > Battlestar Galactica > Unhuman

Chapter 65: Time skips

by selenepotter 0 reviews

Time skips

Category: Battlestar Galactica - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Crossover,Sci-fi - Characters: William Adama - Warnings: [?] - Published: 2022-04-29 - 1336 words - Complete

0Unrated
Unhuman

I do not own Star Trek, Battlestar Galactica or Time Skips

Chapter 65: Time skips

Fleet Admiral’s log: Stardate 57997.9 - Two more Apollo Class ships have been completed, the Ajax and the Chronos. Now, I just need experienced officers to be their Captains. Normally, I would give one each to our Commodore and our Admiral. But the, especially Commodore Three, do not have enough experience with ships of this type.


Kobol - Athens - Starfleet Command - Fleet Admiral Adam’s office

“You called for me, sir?” asked Commander Kara ‘Starbuck’ Thrace, as she entered his office.

“Have a seat Starbuck,” commanded Adama. “I called you down here because I received word that The Ajax and the Chronos are finished.”

“You’re offering me a command of my own?” guessed Starbuck.

“Ordinarily, I would give them to our Commodore and our Admiral,” said Adama. “But neither of them, especially Commodore Three, have experience commanding an Apollo class ship. So I’m offering you Command of the Ajax.”

“I’m honored, sir!” replied Starbuck.

“You might not think so, when I tell you the rest,” replied Adama. “I’ll be sending you to Caprica and Commodore Three will be joining you. You will be Captain of the Ship. But she is in Command of the Caprica Fleet. You will teach her how to command an Apollo class ship and when you feel she is ready, you’ll let her act as Captain for the beta or gamma shift. Eventually, a second Apollo will be sent to be her flagship.”

“With all due respect, I joined Starfleet to explore, not nursemaid a Cylon Commodore,” complained Starbuck.

“I know,” replied Adama. “And it’s to your credit that you didn’t call her a toaster. Look, if you do well with this assignment, I promise you’ll be assigned to one of the constitutions when we build them, and strongly considered for the captaincy.”

“All right, I guess, I’m going to go teach a Commodore how to run a modern ship,” said Starbuck. “I’d like to take Lieutenant Stonn and Doctor Leptus with me.”

“I’ll let Captain Worf know I ordered it,” replied Adama. “I’m also sending Councilor Đaimz with you. S/he’s requested a posting in the former Colonies. It think s/he wants to be further away from hir people. It’s going to be a crowded Raptor to Mars.”

“I’m sure we’ll manage,” replied Starbuck.


Deep Space - USS Argos - Captain’s Ready Room

“We are reporting as ordered,” said Commander Harry Kim of Borg.

“I have received a subspace message from Starfleet Command,” explained Captain Data. “You are being offered Command of the Chronos. You’ll be in charge of defending the inner worlds of : Mars, Tarquinus, Talos IV, Vulcan and Visalayan. This will put you under the Command of Admiral Sart. He will be posted on the Chronos with you so that you can teach him to command an Apollo Class ship. At a later point, he will receive an Apollo Class ship to act as his Flagship and the Chronos will be posted to defend Mars, when not needed elsewhere. Do you understand these orders?”

“We understand,” replied Kim. “We will comply.”

“Your Raptor will leave for Mars in three hours,” said Data.


Fleet Admiral’s log: Stardate 58026.0 - The Ajax is scheduled to arrive at Caprica today. As soon as it does, The Pugita, will be returned to Visalayan. Although the Medeusan ships are more advanced, the Talosian ships are better suited to filling tactical holes that the Cylon and former Colonial ships have. Also the Medeusans have fewer ships are further from the other nearby worlds than Talos IV is.
I have also received word that four more Apollo class ships have been completed: the Agamemnon, Orita, Porantite, and T’Pau. They will be sent to guard Talos IV, Tarquinus, Visalayan and Vulcan. The Agamemnon will now be Admiral Sart’s flagship. These ships also allow me to return the He’e and the Ahtapot to Visalayan.


Fleet Admiral’s log: Stardate 58295.1 - Seven more Apollo class ships have been completed. This gives us enough to station two in every Federation system. As soon as they arrive at their destinations, the Cylon Basestars will be recalled to Caprica and the Cruiserstar Odyssey will be recalled to Kobol. I have promised Admiral Sart that if the need for jump capable warships arrises, Caprica and Kobol will put them at his disposal. But a side affect of the completion of the Apollos is that as they arrive to relieve them, the Talosian ships can return home. Due to the distance involved, the Zeus and the Hermes will be the last to return to Talos IV.


Fleet Admiral’s log: Stardate 58384.2 - At long last, the Constitutions are complete. Between them and the Argos and the Raiders. We should have plenty of ships for exploration. The Raiders help a lot with early exploration. We then send the Argos for closer examination of interesting things the Raiders find. Now we have two more exploration ships to send.


Caprica Orbit - USS Ajax - Captain’s Ready Room

Captain Kara ‘Starbuck’ Thrace was catching up on some reports when her Communications Officer intruded on her thoughts.

(Captain I have just received a subspace communication for you from Starfleet Command,) telepathically sent Lieutenant Marks.

(Send it to my PAD) thought Starbuck.

She opened the channel and found herself looking at the Fleet Admiral, himself.

“Starbuck, what do you hear?” said Adama.

“Nothin’ but the rain!” replied Starbuck.

“Grab your gun and bring in the cat!” answered Adama.

“What can I do for you?” asked Starbuck.

“The two constitution class ships have been completed,” explained Adama. “I’m giving the Constitution to Captain Kim.”

“That’s quite an honor;” observed Starbuck. “I’m sure the Borg will all be proud of themselves.”

“I’m offering you the Enterprise,” added Adama. “It will be sent to you, mostly crewed. Once you take command, you be exploring all those systems that the Colonies and Cylons never bothered to investigate. Maybe even make First Contact with those Vorlons that the Raiders have reported on. Is there anyone from the the Ajax you’d like to bring with you?”

“If I can, I’d like to bring Lieutenant Stonn, Councilor Đaimz, Doctor Leptus with me;” replied Starbuck.

“What about your First Officer?” asked Adama.

“I want to recommend Commander Lomi Eight for Captain of the Ajax,” replied Starbuck. “So for Enterprise . . . How about Lieutenant Grčić from the Castor? I would trust hir to bring the ship here for me.”

“S/he has a good service record,” mused Adama. “Consider it done.”


Caprica Orbit - USS Enterprise - Bridge

“All systems functioning,” reported Communications Officer Lieutenant 1 of 20, who, as a Talosian Borg was in constant contact with the Chief Engineer, Lieutenant Commander 23 of Two, who was a model Two Cylon before he joined the Borg.

“All weapons fully operational,” reported Security Chief, Lieutenant Zoe Kalven, who was a Cylon Centurion.

“All systems functioning normally,” reported the Vulcan Chief Science officer, Lieutenant Commander Stonn.

“Captain, it is my duty to report that we are ready for departure,” said the Medeusan 1st Officer, Commander Grčić.

“Lay in a course, mark 34 x 23 x 93,” commanded Captain Kara ‘Starbuck’ Thrace.

“Course laid in captain,” replied the Medeusan Navigator, Lieutenant Toma.

“Ahead 1/4 impulse,” commanded Captain Thrace.

“1/4 impulse,” reported the Tarquinian Helmsman, Lieutenant Klelia.

“Engage!” commanded Captain Thrace.


Once they had gone to Warp, Starbuck left Commander Grčić at the Con, while she retreated to her Ready room to make her very first log entry as Captain of the Enterprise. She wanted to say something eloquent. . . .


Captain’s log: Stardate 58413.3 -
Space . . . the Final Frontier
These are the Voyages of the Starship, Enterprise.
It’s continuing mission: to explore strange new worlds
to seek out new life and new civilizations
to boldly go where one has gone before.
Sign up to rate and review this story