Categories > TV > Teen Wolf

Innocence is Sweet

by SamDeanCass 0 reviews

Even though Malia is a were-coyote, Y/N doesn’t know about the supernatural world. However, when they witness something that they can’t explain, things take a turn for the worse.

Category: Teen Wolf - Rating: G - Genres: Angst,Romance,Sci-fi - Published: 2022-04-30 - 1134 words - Complete

0Unrated
Requested on Tumblr
Pairing: Malia Hale x reader
A/N: Y/N has bipolar disorder

Malia had always tried to keep you seperate from the supernatural world, you didn’t even know that she was a were-coyote. She did this to try and shield you from the anguish and pain that her world could cause to you. Her efforts, though, were in vain as, one night, you stumbled upon a scuffle in an alleyway on your way home from work.

The night was eerily quiet, something that you quite liked, as you walked through the streets of Beacon Hills. That quietness was interrupted though as a loud howl came from down one of the alleyways. Intrigued, but also a little scared, you slowly crept towards the alley and watched the scene unfold from the sidelines. You had your phone out on standby in case emergency services were needed but this thought went out of your head as the attacker suddenly turned to you and a churn went through your stomach. A heaviness attacked your chest as a pair of yellow, glowing eyes stared at you, and you could have sworn that you had seen fangs. You felt your breathing begin to get heavy as you slid down the wall, unable to move.

You woke up from your sleep, dripping with sweat. You hadn’t told anybody about what happened that night, you didn’t want anybody to think that you were crazy. Keeping that secret though had taken a toll on your mental health. You had plunged into a state of depression and had been unable to pull yourself out for the past few weeks. This was due to having bipolar and you never knew which side was going to come out next.

Getting out of bed, you walked down the hall to the toilet but stopped in your tracks when you heard whispers coming from the hallway downstairs.

“I’m really worried about Y/N. Ever since a few weeks ago, she hasn’t been the same. I know that she has bipolar but I can feel that she’s keeping something from me. I don’t know how to get her to trust me.” You instantly recognised Malia’s voice and your heart skipped a beat. In that same moment though, sadness and guilt creeped inside. You hated keeping things from her, especially after just hearing what she thought, you just didn’t know how to tell her.

Taking a deep breath to calm your nerves, you had decided to tell her. You didn’t know how she was going to react but you just knew that you had to let this secret out. Slowly, you made your way down the stairs where you were greeted by a shining smile from Malia. You smiled back before walking over and entwining your fingers with hers.

You waved at Scott and Stiles and faced Malia. “Can I talk to you for a moment? Just us two?” She nodded in response and you took her into the next room. “What’s up, Y/N?” You gestured for her to sit down, as you did, and you began wringing your hands nervously.

“What I’m going to tell you may, no will, sound crazy. Please believe me when I say, this isn’t a manic episode, I didn’t make this up.” Malia could feel the anxiety radiating off you and took your hand in hers, nodding. “A few weeks ago, I was walking home from work when I heard a scuffle in an alleyway. I went over to check it out, but I couldn’t really believe what I saw.” Malia furrowed her eyebrows in concern and gestured for you to continue.

You took a deep breath and carried on. “When what ever it was turned around, all I saw were these glowing, yellow eyes. They stared right at me, Malia, I was so scared. Then, I could have sworn I seen fangs. They were sharp and long, like a werewolf. I know it all sounds crazy but this is what has been going on with me these past few weeks. I didn’t want to tell you incase you didn’t believe me or seen me as crazy but when I overheard your conversation with the boys in the hallway, I knew that I had to tell you.”

At this point, tears were rolling down your cheeks at the relief of finally being able to offload everything you had been carrying. Malia pulled you into her chest and sifted her fingers through your hair, whispering sweet nothings into your ear to calm you down.

“I don’t think you’re crazy at all, Y/N. In fact, there’s been a secret that I’ve been keeping from you as well.” She gently lifted you from her chest and had you look into her eyes. She closed them for a second and when they opened, they shone a bright blue. You jumped back a little in surprise. “The eyes that I seen were glowing just like yours, just yellow!” Malia opened her mouth and shown you the fangs that were protruding from her gums. Hesitantly, you looked a little closer and confirmed for yourself that they were fangs.

You sat back as confusion washed over you. “I don’t understand. What’s happening?” You turned to her and took her hands in yours. “What are you?”. Malia’s eyes and fangs had gone back to normal and she covered your hands with her free one. “It’s going to take a little while for you to process this, but there are supernatural beings that live in Beacon Hills. Scott, he’s an alpha werewolf and the leader of our pack, Kira is a kitsune and is a badass with a sword, Lydia is a banshee and can detect when somebody’s going to die, and Liam is a werewolf and Scott’s beta.”

You sat back for a moment and nodded in understanding. “Alright, but what about you? And Stiles?” “I’m a were-coyote. But Stiles is human just like you, although he was once possessed by an evil spirit, but that’s gone now.” Malia waited for the moment that you erupted, but it never came. You just smiled at her, squeezing her hand.

“I want to know more about your world, Malia. I want to be able to help you guys.” Malia’s smile shifted a little. “That’s the reason why I didn’t want to tell you. I don’t want you mixed up in this world, Y/N. I don’t want you to get hurt.” “As long as I have you and the rest of the pack by my side, nothing will ever be able to hurt me.”
Sign up to rate and review this story