Categories > TV > Battlestar Galactica > Boomer's Ghost

Chapter 1: Meeting Dean Stockwell

by selenepotter 0 reviews

Boomer has an invisible friend that only she can see and hear: actor Dean Stockwell

Category: Battlestar Galactica - Rating: R - Genres: Angst,Crossover,Sci-fi - Characters: Boomer,Tyrol,William Adama - Warnings: [!!!] [?] - Published: 2022-04-30 - Updated: 2022-05-01 - 1361 words

0Unrated
Boomer’s Ghost

I do not own Battlestar Galactica or Quantum Leap

Chapter 1: Meeting Dean Stockwell

“Gah!” gasped Sharon ‘Boomer’ Valerii when she saw the man outside her Raptor suddenly appear a foot outside her window.

“Oh, I’m sorry, did I scare you?” said the ghostly man stuck his face through the window without breaking it. “Listen, no one else can see or hear me. When you get to Galactica, find someplace where you can be alone and we’ll talk some more.”

And with that, the ghost suddenly blinked out of existence. Boomer went back to concentrating on flying this Raptor full of children back to the Battlestar Galactica.
After she returned and had unloaded her cargo of people she had saved, which consisted of children, and the famous scientist: Gaius Baltar, for whom Helo had given up his seat, Boomer went in a closet on the chance that she really had seen that ghost.

“Oh, good! You’re here.” said the ghost, who now looked more like a normal middle aged man.

“You’re real!?!” exclaimed Boomer.

“Well, yes and no,” replied the ghost. “You see where I’m from, all of this is a work of fiction. My name is Dean Stockwell, though if you’d like you could call me ‘Al’ that’s who I played in my previous show, in a role very similar to what I’ll be playing in your life. You see, I’m an actor and my most recent role was a television series called: Battlestar Galactica. It was a story in which you were a prominent character. But after the show got wrapped up, I was abducted by an alien who told me it would amuse him to send me to a place where all this was real. I’m here to offer you advice. But only you. No one else can see or hear me.”

“What is this feldercarb!” sneared Boomer, just as Chief Galen Tyrol opened the door.

“Well I’m sorry sir,” replied Tyrol, who didn’t seem to notice the other man. “I have a deck to run. I can’t just drop everything and frak you when ever you want it.”

Boomer realized that in order to feel safe from the ghost, she had retreated into the same closet she met the Chief in when they wanted some privacy to carry on their clandestine affair. Tryrol didn’t seem to notice there was a third person in the supply closet at all, as he pulled her into a kiss. While he was kissing her, she glanced at her ghost, who just stood there watching them kiss.

“If you need more proof that he can’t see or hear me, I’m prepared to stay here will he does the dirty deed with you and doesn’t see or hear me,” said the ghost.

“I’m sorry! I’m sorry!” said Boomer, when she broke off their kiss.

“Boomer, what’s wrong?” asked Tyrol.

“Nothing . . . I’m just not in the mood,” lied Boomer. “Look I didn’t come in here so you could join me. I just needed to be alone after what I saw on Caprica and losing Helo.”

“Do you want me to just hold you?” asked Tyrol.

“No. I just need a few minutes alone,” replied Boomer.

“Alright.” said Tyrol, before giving her a quick kiss. “Let me know if you change your mind.”

After he left, Boomer turned on her ghost. “All right, what the frak is going on!?!”

“As I told you, only you can see or hear me,” replied the ghost. “I’m here to give you advice.”

“What kind of advice?” asked Boomer.

“Well probably the most important thing you need to know is that you are a Cylon,” said the ghost.

“No, I’m not!” denied Boomer.

“I’m afraid you are,” countered the ghost. “You’re a model Eight Cylon and there are thousands of others exactly like you. In fact, your friend Helo is meeting another you, right this very moment. He’ll think it’s you.”

“Have you got any proof of that any of this is true?” asked Boomer.

“Well not right now, but if you get called to a meeting of the other Cylons on this ship, you’ll meet a priest named John Cavil. He’s secretly a model One Cylon and he was the role I played on the show. He’s the mastermind behind everything and the leader of the Cylons on this ship. See, you’re a sleeper agent. You’re not supposed to consciously remember that you’re a Cylon. He’ll call you to him and give you some assignment like: blow up Galactica’s water tanks, which you would not have remembered doing. We’ll see how much my presence changes things. I suggest you pretend to go along with what ever he says.”

“Alright, I guess meeting another you and being invited to a meeting of Cylons will be the proof,” agreed Boomer. “For now, I’d better get back to work.”

Boomer tried her best to ignore the ghost that followed her around the rest of the day that no one else could see or hear. And he mostly kept quiet as she was not prepared to listen to his wild tales without some proof. He followed her everywhere though. She was sure he was some sort of lying figment of her imagination when she spotted another him, this one dressed as a priest!

“Ah! Sharon, just the person I was looking for,” said Brother Cavil. “I’m leading a prayer service and though you might find it especially comforting.”

“A- . . . All right,” stammered Boomer. “When . . . when is it?”

“Right now,” replied Cavil. “Come with me.”

She obediently followed him into a room that served as the ship’s chapel and found some other people already waiting for them. That publicity guy: Arron Doral, was there along with his identical twin. The brunette whore who was popular with the marines was there along with her blonde twin sister, who was dressed very posh. The reporter: D’Anna Biers as there. Simon somebody who was a med tech at Life Station. Father Cavil, who looked like her ghost and her were there.

“Now that we’re all here, I guess we should get started,” began Cavil.

“What are our orders?” asked D’Anna.

“For now, we’re to lay low and not cause trouble,” replied Cavil. “Hopefully our brother Cylons will find us and destroy Galactica, in which case, I’ll see you all after we download into our new bodies.”

“It shouldn’t take too long,” replied Doral. “I placed a tracker in C&C.”

“If there’s nothing else, Sharon, you will forget this meeting ever happened and return here for church services on a weekly basis. You’ll receive any new orders then.”

“By your command,” Boomer found herself saying, automatically.

Boomer struggled to remain calm until she and her ghost were alone, again.

“Oh Lords! Oh Lords! Oh Lords of Kobol! It’s all true!” gasped Boomer as she fell to her knees. “I’m a frakin’ toaster!”

“I told you,” said the ghost that looked just like Brother Cavil. “You’re a model Eight Cylon. Now do you believe me?”

Boomer just nodded her head before asking: “If I’m under their control, why can I remember that meeting? I was ordered not to.”

“I don’t know,” replied the ghost. “Maybe because I already told you what you were?”

“So what do I call you, again?” asked Boomer.

“Call me: Al,” replied the ghost. “That was the name of my character in my previous series where I played a hologram that only the main character could see and hear.”

“And none of this is real?” asked Boomer, hoping this was just a nightmare.

“It’s real to you,” explained Al. “I may have been just a show to me, but the alien said he was sending me to a place where it was real.”

“All right,” said Boomer as she rose with a determined look. “Tell me everything.”
Sign up to rate and review this story