Categories > Anime/Manga > Full Metal Alchemist > To Whatever End: 30

A Long Sleep

by mjules 0 reviews

Prompt 20: The Road Home

Category: Full Metal Alchemist - Rating: PG - Genres: Angst, Romance - Characters: Lan Fan, Ling Yao - Warnings: [!!!] - Published: 2006-09-29 - Updated: 2006-09-29 - 200 words

0Unrated
She lay awake, though her eyes were closed, and she wondered if she would ever be brave enough to open them again. Her grandfather was gone, escorting the young woman wrongfully accused of killing Colonel Mustang's best friend. For a moment, she hated him. Hated him for leaving her in this position, abandoning her for a woman he didn't even know.

She owed Mustang nothing, she thought bitterly, certainly not her grandfather's services. Not when she needed advice so badly; not when she was alone, in pain, and her young master had laid claim to immortality at the price of his soul.

She longed for his kiss on her forehead and his warm, rumbling voice telling her that it would be all right; that Ling would emerge victorious and the world would be as it should. She knew that if those things did not come true -- if she had lost her young master to this greedy red stone -- then the road home would be nothing more than a long walk down the executioner's dusty hall. If that was awaited her, she hoped she would never wake up. But in the meantime, she simply couldn't fall asleep in the first place.
Sign up to rate and review this story