Categories > TV > Supernatural

Driver Definitely Picks the Music

by SamDeanCass 0 reviews

Sam, Dean and Y/N are driving cross-country for a case and are taking turns driving Baby. When it’s Y/N’s turn, she plays Broadway songs much to Dean’s dismay and complaining.

Category: Supernatural - Rating: G - Genres: Romance - Published: 2022-06-13 - 550 words - Complete

0Unrated
Requested on Tumblr

“Erm, what on earth do you think you’re doing?”

You had leaned over to change the music tape but stopped midway as Dean was staring at you, eyebrows furrowed. “I’m changing the music, Dean. It’s my turn to drive and ‘driver picks the music, shotgun shuts his cakehole’. Do you not remember that rule or is that just for you to follow?”

Sam stifled a laugh in the back of the car as Dean was completely gobsmacked. His mouth hung open, completely unable to think of an excuse to why you couldn’t change the music. Instead, he crossed his arms over his chest and let out a huff before going back to staring out of the window.

“I think you got him there, babe.” You looked in the rear view mirror and seen Sam winking at you, causing you to send a smile straight back. “What should we put on, Sammy? Pop music or Broadway tunes?” You could practically hear the change in Deans expression at the mention of Broadway music. You knew that he absolutely hated musicals and anything to do with them, so you took this time to get on Deans nerves, paying him back for all of the times he played songs you despised.

Knowing what you were up to, Sam smiled widely and sat back more comfortably in the seat. “Throw on some Broadway, Y/N. I’m really in the mood for a good sing-song.” A smile grew wide on your face as you just knew what this would be doing to Dean, and you absolutely loved it.

You slipped the tape out of the case and slid it into the player, pressing the button to play. As soon as the music started to play you were wriggling around in your seat to the beat of it. You began to sing at the top of your lungs, Sam doing the same, completely engrossed in the song. What you both didn’t see, though, was that Dean was tapping his foot to the music ever so slightly, mouthing the words to the song under his breath.

After a few more songs, you had arrived at your destination. Turning off the engine you turned in your seat to face Dean, who was looking slightly happier than before. “See, my music isn’t that bad. You just need to branch out a little.”

Dean shook his head in response. “No, definitely not. By the way, the driver definitely picks the music which is why I’m always going to be the one who’s driving Baby. None of that musical shmushy crap is ever going to be played in this car again.”

You and Sam looked at each other and shook your heads as Dean got out of the car and headed towards the trunk. He didn’t realize, though, that you and Sam had heard him singing some of the words to a song under his breath. “Y/N, he will never admit that he likes that sort of music, just keep trying. We’ll break him.” He winked and got out of the car with you following closely behind.

One of these days you will get Dean Winchester to like musicals and Broadway shows, even if it kills you.
Sign up to rate and review this story