Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > The Mixed Tape

She's Lost Control

by howshesews 4 reviews

I swear to God, this mix could sink the sun, but it was you I was thinking of.

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: R - Genres: Drama, Romance - Published: 2006-09-27 - Updated: 2006-09-28 - 512 words

1Funny
The sun was only hours away from rising. She couldn't sleep. She would never sleep. Not as long as he was a phone call away, and the only thing connecting them was a cassette tape in her nightstand drawer. Today, she couldn't handle the ache. Maybe tomorrow. But what sort of value did each day really have if they continuously bled together? Without him, the only answer was "none". She turned on the lamp next to her bed, and pulled out her old photo album. They looked so young. He was still a dreamer, and she was still his dream. He was hers as well, but when you're fourteen, those are secrets you can't share without the help of a best friend or a note passed in the hallway. Braces, and homework, and curfews were their only concerns. Who liked who, and "When the hell was Pete going to hang out with people his own age?" were the only things that plagued their minds.

Pete. These days, he was her plague. He was her sweetest downfall. She watched him slowly transform into this human being, this...star, that she knew he wasn't. She knew he really loved transformers the "The Wonder Years". She knew that he had wet the bed until he was seven. Those were her memories, and now all of a sudden, those were her memories...and the common knowledge of every 15-year-old girl in America.

Cassandra scratched her nose, closed the album that made her mind swell, and did her best to sleep through the notion that this time, he wasn't coming back.



The next morning, Cassandra awoke, and felt invincible. No more putting it off. Some things just had to be done. She unfolded the note attached to the cassette tape in her drawer. She was well aware of the fact that this was probably going to be the most painful walk down memory lane available to a person, but isn't that part of the healing process. Her eyes scanned the paper, and the scratchy text. It was a play list.


1. She's Lost Control-Joy Division.

I don't know that I need to tell you why this song was chosen, but for the sake of reminiscing, I'll tell you anyway. You and Ryan were together for 3 years. I initially knew the guy was a prick, but I couldn't tell you that. You were my best friend, and even though he was the reason you didn't depend on my phone calls or walks home, he still made you smile. I couldn't possibly take that away from you. He didn't mind ripping you to pieces though, because eventually, that's what he did. You were broken, and it broke me too. This song was moderately new during the aftermath, and you liked it when I played it for you, and you were able to just sleep; clear your mind of everything. That was always important to me. So is this song.

-Pete.











Uh, fresh out of "Different Names" and i'm already writing this. tell me if you're curious. it's going nowhere fast.
Sign up to rate and review this story