Categories > Original > Horror

Ghost Hunt: Spooky Shadow Ghosts

by OreoCake 0 reviews

Mai's Great Uncle has passed away and her and her decent relatives and cousins from far away come to his spooky old abandoned mansion to see what was left for them in the Will. But the Mansion is ...

Category: Horror - Rating: G - Genres: Horror - Warnings: [!] - Published: 2023-01-07 - 2976 words - Complete

0Unrated
Mai is in her apartment watching T.V. on her day off from work. When the phone rings she picks it up.

Lawyer: Hello is this Mai Taniyama.
Mai: Yes.
Lawyer: I am Lawyer Rick and I am here to tell you that your Great Uncle Mike has passed away. And that all decent cousins and retaliative's are to go to his Mansion and stay there for a week for the WILL reading and everything. I found a file on his desk saying that one of
his relatives moved away tot Tokyo Japan years back and gave birth to a girl they named Mai.
Mai: Wow okay so where is the address?

.............................Time Skip.......................................................

After Mai got all her information from Lawyer Rick. She called Naru and he let her get the week off. Mai's Great Uncle Mike lived in a Spooky Mansion on a little creepy island. When she got there she found the mansion it was all filthy and covered in dead tree parts. Mai
entered the mansion and saw a few people already inside.

Lawyer Rick: Oh you must be Mai Taniyama I am Lawyer Rick.
Mai: Hi there.
Lawyer Rick: Let me introduce you to your decent cousins. This is your Cousin Pan, Cousin Dan, and Cousin Quinn.
Mai: Looks like i am the only teenager.
Pan: Yep, but it is nice to meet you.
Mai: Hi.
Lawyer Rick: I'll get the WILL.

He soon got the WILL.

Alright the WILL says" That all relatives have to go through a challenge to stay in the mansion for a week and if you do you get an equal share of what is in the gold vault in his office the silver vault is for the people who helped you survive in the mansion for it is haunted with Shadow Ghosts, evil ones who have been haunting this places for years. If you want to know more about them half the info. is in my office and the rest of the info. is down under the mansion in a secret basement. If you can't stay for a week I understand. But then you can't get the reward and don't worry there is a food storage in the kitchen for your needs goodbye".

Lawyer Rick: That is all I'll be back in a week see you then.
Everyone: Bye.
Quinn: Come on lets find some bedrooms and get some sleep.
Dan: Agreed.
Pan: Yeah this place is so scary.
Mai: Not like the things I've seen i work for SPR a ghost hunting business and I seen scarier.
Pan: Ghost Hunting so scary.
Dan: Come on lets go.

...........................................Time Skip.........................................

It was Midnight and the mansion was making creepy noises. Then there was a loud Ghostly scream. It scared everyone awake. Mai grabbed her cellphone and put it on video mode and walked outside her room into the halls where her cousins were.

Dan: What was that.
Pan: It was probably the Evil Shadow Ghosts I bet.
Quinn: Maybe.

Then there was more rattling, then there were 3 green ghostly shadows one the floor. Everyone screamed then the 3 shadows were starting to burst through the floor and were in the air and
flied right through them but they missed. Everyone went into there rooms.

..........................................Time Skip..........................................

The next morning everyone was in the kitchen. Mai was making tea.

Pan: Oh god I think my heart stopped last night.
Quinn: My stomach was turned inside out.
Dan: I couldn't sleep after that.
Mai: What are we going to do you guys.
Quinn: We need help.
Dan: Yeah how about your ghost hunting business Mai.
Mai: Well that would be a good idea, but I don't think that SPR would want to stay here plus
my boss Kazuya Shibuya only takes cases he wants.
Pan: Can you at least call them please.
Mai: Okay.

After breakfast Mai used the house phone and called SPR and told Naru about the WILL and Shadows and her video proof.

Mai: Please take the case Naru were scared.
Naru: Are there enough bedrooms?
Mai: There are 3 more bedrooms we haven't used why?
Naru: I'll take the case, Mai.
Mai: "Gasp" Thank you Naru we will try to get the mansion cleaned up for you guys!!!!
Naru: You don't have to shout.
Mai: Sorry here I have the address.

.....................................Time Skip...............................................

It was 4:00 in the afternoon the cousins and Mai got a few rooms cleaned up. Naru called saying that they will be there in the mansion in a few minutes.

Mai: Okay so it is agreed that we will give SPR the treasure in the silver vault cause they are helping us.

All Cousins: Yep.

Then there was a knock at the door. Pan screamed.

Mai: It's okay Pan that is probably them.

Mai rushed to the door and opened it and saw Naru, Lin, Masako, Monk, Ayako, and John.

Mai: Guys your here. She rushed towards them and gave them hug. "It is so scary here I am so glad you came".
Monk: Don't worry Mai will won't let some Spooky Green Shadows scare you and your cousins.
Mai: Thanks come in.

They all went inside the Mansion. Mai showed them there bedrooms and the office and the WILL. While her cousins stayed in there bedrooms scared.
Mai: You guys want tea.
SPR: Sure. Mai was about to go in the kitchen when she remembered the video she recorded and gave Naru her phone and went into the kitchen.

Masako: There are definitely Evil Green Shadow Ghosts here I can sense them.
John: If there evil then maybe a cleanse is good.
Lin: Maybe.
Naru: Can someone tell Mai where our base is going to be.
Lin: I'll do it. Lin got up and went into the kitchen then Mai screamed.
SPR ran in the kitchen.
Mai: Lin you scared me to death I thought you were the green shadow.
Lin: Sorry about that Mai I just wanted to tell where our base is.
Mai: Oh you guys can use my Great Uncle Mike's office or the library your choice.
Naru: Thank you. Now lets have some tea and get everything set up.
Ayako: Yep it's going to be a long night for us.
Mai: A scary one. She said as she was finishing making their tea.

It was 7:00 at night and there were cameras everywhere. Cause Mai had to set them up.
Mai walked back to the base in the library.

Mai: Aww Naru how come I had to set up the cameras it's my week off.
Naru: Would you rather be fired.
Mai: Yip. No sir.
Naru: Now do you think you can fix us some dinner, Mai.
Mai: Say please Naru.
Naru: Say Fire me Mai.
Mori: NARU!!!
Everyone turned around and saw Mori Naru's teacher.
Mori: Naru I said to be more polite to your assistant and be nice don't treat her like slave, but you never learn do you. She turned to Mai.
Mori: Sorry Mai he is still learning how to be nice.
Mai: Aww that's okay. But what are you doing here.
Mori: I told Naru's parents about this place and they thought I should come to it could get dangerous. Then she turned to Naru.
Mori: Now Naru ask Mai "NICELY" to make dinner.
Naru: Mai can you make us dinner, please.
Mai: Sure. Then she walked to the kitchen.
Mori: You be nice to sweet little Mai okay.
Naru: "Grunt".

That's when the lights went out in the library. Then went back on and there was writing on the big mirror in front of the library.

" You intruders and ghost hunters will pay for foiling with our plans for this mansion so tonight will be the scariest night you may ever have fright leave while you still can" singed the Evil Shadows.

Everyone except Naru and Lin: Gasp.
John: Oh My Word.
Monk: They want us to leave? Never.
Ayako: Not without a fight. Plus this could be the work of a simple earth spirit.
Monk: A simple earth spirit?!?!? Weren't you paying attention to the video you Old hag.
Ayako: Shut up Monk.
Monk: Grr.
Naru: Enough you too.

Luckily Mai's voice saved them from wanting to kill each other.
Mai: Dinners ready go guys it's steak and rice balls!!
Masako: Okay we are coming.

..........................................Time Skip..........................................

It was 12:00 midnight. Everyone was asleep except Lin who was on the computers waiting.
Then just like yesterday the floor was rattling. That woke everyone up, there were voices coming from the walls saying" GET OUT".

The cousins stayed in there rooms filled with fright. So now it is up SPR. Everyone ran out of their bedrooms.

Monk: Quick you guys to the library.
Mai: Okay.

They ran off to the library but that when the ghosts came. 2 were in there path and 1 was in the library with Lin. The shadows made a huge wind and blew them away causing them to separate and run away.

......................................Lin....................................................

Lin was running off from the Library with the ghost chasing him and the idea hit him. He turned around and looked at the green shadow straight in the eye and whistled for his shiki.
The shadow wasn't destroyed but a little wounded that gave Lin time to find the others.

................Naru,John,Monk,Ayako, Masako,Mori............................................

Monk: Run you guys. They were being chased by the ghost.
Masako: Guys we lost Mai.
Mori: Oh no, that win must've separated us from her.
John: The shadow is getting closer. That's when Monk and John did some warding magic and the shadow disappeared.
Akayo: Okay let's find Lin and Mai.

........................................Mai..................................................

Mai: Guys are you here guys.
She walked into a room and saw a organ piano. She walked towards it and saw a music book with a message on it. " Feed the Piano a bag and dad". Feed, bag, dad was underlined then Mai figured it out. Then she pressed f-e-e-d, then b-a-g, and d-a-d. There was a secret passage in the floor. Mai walked down the stairs and there was a sign that said "basement".

Mai: Wow this must be the secret basement.
She kept walking on.


Mai walked through the basement and saw a bunch of old trunks and opened them it was filled with old records deeds and paper work.

Mai: wow look at all this.

Then see saw a tunnel that led and followed.

...............................The others...................................................

Monk: Look there is Lin. Monk spotted Lin.
Naru: Lin. Lin ran to them.
Lin: Naru did you see those shadows.
John: We all did and they are quiet powerful.
Mori: We lost Mai though.
Monk: Then we have to find her who knows what could have happened to her.
Masako: I suggest we go to the library.

They all agreed and went to the library.

.................................Mai.........................................................

Mai: I wonder where this tunnel goes. She came upon to a tunnel split so she went to a tunnel
on the left.
Mai: here goes nothing.
She then entered the door and it was an old gold mine. She went deeper into it and found a sign that said the "Tanimaya gold mind". She thought of going back and finding the others.
So then she went to the door on the right.

..........................Others.............................................................
They rest of SPR were in the Library but it was dark.
Lin: Great the computers are out too.
Naru: These shadows are after something but what is it?

That's when Mai entered into the Library through the secret door she discovered. But she crashed into them by accident. Then everyone got scared.

Everyone: AHHH!!!
Then the lights went back on and the computers too.
Mai: Guys oh my god you scared me.
Monk: You scared us!
Lin: Wait how did you get in here.
Mai: well I got lost then I found a organ with a message and pressed the keys then found a secret passage entered the secret basement and found a few trunks filled with records and old
paper work .Then entered another tunnel on had an old gold mine with a sign that said "Tanimaya gold mine" then another door which was a secret passage to here.

Everyone was shocked by what Mai said.
Naru: Mai you need to show us the organ, tunnels, trunks, and everything.
Mori: Say please Naru.
Naru "Grunt" Please.
Mai: Sure. She said with a smile.
Masako: Lets get to bed it is 3:30 am.
John: Good idea I need sleep if I need to do another exoticism.

..........................................Time Skip..........................................

It was morning 9:00 the 3rd day in the mansion.

Naru: Okay Mai please show us where those tunnels are.
Mai: Sure.

Then it was the start of a new clue to thins case of the haunted mansion.


Mai showed SPR the piano and they headed down the tunnels.

Ayako: These tunnels sure are creepy.
John: Indeed.
Mai: Here are those trunks full of old paper work. She pointed to them. Naru and Lin opened them and took out some newspapers, a deed, and other things.
Naru: Alright Mai do you think you can take us to that old gold mine.
Mori: well what else.
Naru: please grunt.
Mai: Sure it is over here. She lead them to the old gold mine.
Mai: Here we are the "Tanimaya Gold Mine".
Mori: I wonder if there is still gold in here.
Monk: I doubt it.
Naru: Lets start our search shall we.
Masako: I guess.

....................................4 Hours Later............................................
The team decided to rest a bit.
Monk: Come on Naru we been here for hours I don't think we will find anything in here.
Ayako: Yeah can we just leave.
Naru: No.
Monk: Oh no I am not going to put up with that crap again.
Mori: Calm down you two.
Masako: I can sense something but it is static.
Naru: You here that we need to keep going.
Monk: You have gone crazy did you!!!!
Lin: Quit that shouting!!! While everyone we yelling Mai fell asleep.

..............................Mai's dream....................................................

Mai woke up and saw 3 different men trying to sneak into the the old gold mine and Mai followed them. They were trying to steal some gold without the owner Mai's Great Uncle Mike
knowing.

Man 1: Mr. Mike thinks building a mansion over this mine will stop us from finding the gold.
Man 2: Well he did say that this mine is dangerous.
Man 1: Whatever that gold is our's.
Man 3: Come on lets hurry and get this over with.

That's when they found the gold and realized it was fake and turned back but lost and each of them got in a tragic accident they were crushed by rocks. Mai saw it all and ran as she kept running she saw a light and headed towards it. She ran into Gene.

Mai: Gene your here.
Gene: Yes I must show you something.
Mai: okay. She followed gene and saw each ghost shadow circling around screaming.
"We don't care about the gold we have to find our body's that died in here so we can be put to rest and be free from this place".
Mai was scared but then said" we will help you okay hold on". Then she heard a voice saying
" Mai wake up".

Mai opened her eyes and saw Monk's face staring at her.
Monk: did you have another one of those dreams again Mai.
Mai: Yeah.
Masako: What happened.
Mai told them the story.
Naru: Now it all makes sense according to this newspapers I found 3 men disappeared people say that they were hunting for treasure and was never seen again. And this deed says that there is a hidden mind under the house.
Lin: Which means that we have to find the body's.
Masako: Then cleanse the spirits.
Mori: And then sent them free.
Naru: Then I suggest we get started, Mai will you please lead the way.
Mai: Sure.

....................................Time Skip................................................

Mai: here we are.
Mori: Look at all this fake gold you guys.
John: Even if it is fake it can be worth a little money.
Naru: We are here to find Green Shadows not fake gold.
Monk: We know!!!!
Ayako: SHHH!! keep it down.
Mai: Guys the body's are this way. She pointed towards another tunnel and they walked into it. And saw the huge pile of rocks.
Lin: This is were they were crushed.
Naru: John do you think you can try something.
John: AI mate. Then he started saying holy words.

That's when the Green Shadows started to appear. Then Masako did here cleanse. There was a bright and warm light.

Man 1: Thank you.
Man 2: We are no longer after the fake gold.
Man 3: Goodbye and Thank you. Then they disappeared.
Mai: Yes another case solved thanks Naru. She ran to him and gave him a hug.
Mori: AWWW how cute.

.....................................Time Skip...............................................

The days passed by. SPR called some grave diggers to get the body's and they cousins and SPR
went to the funeral. After that the cousins got there wealth from the vault which was filled with dresses jewels and old things and deed and left. Back at SPR Mai brought back a little bronze box from the silver vault to SPR.

Mai: Here you guys go. She opened the box. and said" OMG"!!
Naru: Mai please don't shout.
Mai: Sorry, but look at this. She took out 3 certificates that said it was worth $50,000.
This was made in the 1900's so this is probably worth maybe million's of dollars.

Everyone was shocked. Mai walked to Naru and gave him the certificates.
Mai: Here you go 3 million dollars worth of cash for your help.
Mori: What do you say Naru.
Naru: Thank you Mai. He said with a smile.

Mai jumped into his arms and said " your so sweet".
SPR: AWWW how cute. But Naru and Mai ignored them.


************End Of the Story************************
Sign up to rate and review this story