Categories > Original > Fantasy > Xianxia: Young Master Strives To Live

Chapter 001 | Death By Avalanche

by NefariousMoon 0 reviews

Suddenly transmigrated, and buried under by an avalanche?!

Category: Fantasy - Rating: R - Genres: Fantasy - Published: 2023-09-20 - 1678 words

0Unrated
"Ha-h! Haa-h!" The young man panted as he pulled up his Young Master. This was not the time to relax.
Then raising his head, he looked at the incoming white tsunami from the top of the mountain.
"Those people… they couldn't find us, so they want us to be buried under the whole goddamn mountain." He cursed under his breath and lowered his gaze at his young Master.
'Is he still in shock?'
"Young Master Fang, we need to get out of here!" He pulled the latter's arm to make him stand up, "I don't think we can get out of this alive, but we can't give up."
Fang Chen stood up, still disoriented about what was going on around him. One instant, he was in an exploding metro and in the next instant, he was at the base of a mountain?
-Rumble!!!!
Just then, the land suddenly shook. The avalanche had begun!
"No! Young Master, we need to get the hell out of this place!" The young man cried out and pulled Fang Chen's arm once again.
This time Fang Chen didn't hesitate. He was still confused, but there was one thing that he was very sure about: if he stayed on the spot, he would be buried alive under the snow!
"We just need to get on that boulder!" The young man was almost shouting, "Beyond that boulder is a small bridge; if we can cross that, at least we won't die like this."
Fang Chen nodded and quietly followed him.
Both of them ran towards the boulder. The avalanche was just a few seconds away from them. Luckily they were near one of the biggest mountains in the region, and that was why they had the time to understand what was going on and react to escape from the avalanche; however, that also meant that the incoming avalanche was going to be very powerful, and no Martial Artist could hope to escape from it, much less the two of them who were not even fully-fledged Martial Artists!
Another thing to take note of was the distance between the two young men - it was growing apart with every step.
The young man didn't have the time to look back. Death was upon them, and every moment counted.
Fang Chen, on the other hand, was shocked by the former's pace
"How is he running so fast!?"
The gap between the two was already more than fifty meters! And it has just been three-four seconds since they began.
'Is this guy's surname Bolt?' Fang Chen tried to increase his pace, but still, the gap between the two wasn't decreasing.
The boulder was still more than four hundred meters away, and with how things were going, Fang Chen's heart sank with every passing moment.

The young man was running with everything he got. As a Third Level Martial Warrior, his speed was much faster than a normal human being. However, he still didn't wish to risk the chances.
If the avalanche were to swallow him, there would be no way for him to escape.
"Just a bit more!" He gritted his teeth and pushed a bit more.
The boulder was now in sight, and he could even see the ropes bound around him.
'I hope the bridge is still intact!'
He knew the chances of this were not very optimistic.
The avalanche above them was not a natural one, and the people who were behind it would have made sure to cut off all paths of escape.
'I need to think of a backup plan…'
His mind raced faster than his leg muscles.
An image of the cave flashed in his mind.
'Yes!'
The cave could be his backup, and he was lucky that it was beside the boulder.
'But that place is risky too!'
If the entrance was covered in snow, getting out of the cave would almost be impossible unless someone from outside helped them.
'I won't go to the cave unless there's no other choice!'
A few seconds later, he took a long jump and landed right on the top of boulder.
'Yes!'
The bridge was intact!
'Fuck yeah!'
'Now, where is Young Master?' He looked back, and the smile on his face froze in the next moment.
He couldn't see Fang Chen!
'What the fuck!'
An ominous feeling enveloped his heart.
'Where is he?'
He looked around and then looked up.
The avalanche was here.
'Fuck!' He looked back and forth between the bridge, the avalanche and the forest.
One of the reasons he didn't look back when running was because he wasn't expecting Fang Chen to fall behind. The latter was on the Fifth Level, while he was on the Third. The gap between their strengths was quite evident.
'Did someone attack Young Master?'
He gulped.
He had to choose - either to get to the other side and hope that Fang Chen also gets out, or to stay for him and enter the cave at the last moment.
None of the two paths in front of him ensured Fang Chen's survival.
"What do I do?"

A few moments ago, Fang Chen was still running through the forest.
He had long lost sight of the young man who had woken him up. Fortunately, the boulder was the size of a small mountain and was visible from afar. He at least knew which direction he needed to run.
However, he didn't know how much time he had.
He didn't even dare to look up; every moment counted.
The mountain was so huge that the snow at the base was almost negligible. This was also why the avalanche had not reached them… at least not yet.
'I need to run faster!'
His legs were already giving up, and he couldn't even feel them. But he didn't dare to slow down - his leg cramps would recover after some rest, but if he were to get buried under the snow tsunami, there would be no escape.
Just then, he noticed someone at the top of the boulder.
'That guy got there already!?'
Fang Chen almost gasped.
The boulder was still more than two hundred meters away.
'How is he so fast?'
Fang Chen had tried everything he could, but his legs were now feeling weak. His breathing was already heavy, his heart and this diaphragm were hurting with every step he took, and his arms were feeling loose as if they would break away from his body any moment now.
Things were not going well.
"Just a bit more!" Fang Chen still forced himself to run.
"Run, Young Master!!!" A shout suddenly ran through his years.
The young man, who was now at the top of the boulder, had found his young Master running through the forest.
"Get inside the cave!!" He shouted, "Don't come to the bridge; you will be too late! I will come and get you!"
The young man had decided to cross the bridge and get to the other side.
He concluded Fang Chen wouldn't be able to reach the bridge, but the latter could reach the cave.
And if his Young Master got into the cave safely, he would then be able to get the latter out of the cave in no time.
Without hesitation, he ran towards the bridge.
Fang Chen, on the other hand, was confused and shocked by this.
"Did he just abandon me? What cave was he talking about!?"
He wasn't expecting the young man to help him out, after all, the latter didn't owe anything to him, but he was still disappointed that he left him behind.
"Maybe he has a plan in his mind? I should at least get to the cave!"
The cave soon came into vision too.
"There it is!"
He forced his legs and tried to run faster.
But just at that moment - he was hit.
The avalanche was here!
When the snow hit, it was hard and unforgiving. Against it, his body bent and was thrown off like the fragile being he was. A hundred pounds of human vs a hundred tonnes of snow wasn't a fair fight. Then, after a time, everything came to a halt.
The rumbling, the shock, and the whole world suddenly stopped.
Fang Chen tried to move, but he felt as if he was being crushed from all sides.
Their first reflex reaction from him was to get out of the snow. Unfortunately, he was already feeling the suffocation, and it wouldn't be long before his lungs gave up.
He tried to move his hands, but although his body was able to move because the snow wasn't fully settled, he couldn't sense the gravity!
In simple words, he didn't know which direction was up.
'How the fuck do I get out of here if I don't even know which direction to move?'
And because he was enclosed by snow from all sides, he didn't even have enough means to find the direction.
Fang Chen racked his brain.
He tried to feel what things he had on him. His hand reached his waist. Around it was a belt, there was a thin solid block of metal, and along with it were a few vials but he didn't know what was inside them.
And in one of the other pockets was a piece of paper and another block of metal, or was it wood? It was hard to tell.
Fang Chen then forced his head backwards to create a small space in front of his face.
Then, he opened his mouth and tried to intake as much air as possible, which was already a negligible amount.
Just then, an idea flashed in his mind.
He tried to create saliva in his mouth, and after bringing it close to his mouth, he spat it out, though without much force.
The saliva projectile came back, right on his face.
As soon as it happened, a smile formed on his face.
"Gravity!"
Sign up to rate and review this story