Categories > Original > Essay

Pimples and Trophies

by HazelWitch81 0 reviews

Duncan wants to win a trophy. Kimberly just might miss her Witches' Coven over a pimple.

Category: Essay - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Humor - Warnings: [!!!] - Published: 2024-07-06 - 3180 words - Complete

0Unrated
Although it's been cancelled after three seasons. Duncanville still needs to have fanfics to be written.


Duncanville


Fanfic Title


Pimples And Trophies


by: Hailey Sands


Chapter One:


The Harris family were having dinner. When they were finishing up, Annie asks everyone what they are going to do the the next day. Which was Friday.


Jack: Out of school, hey kids. Tomorrow is your first day of summer vacation.


Duncan: I have plans.


Jack: What might those be?


Duncan: Tomorrow, I want to try to win a trophy.


Jack: Maybe we can use this as a father/son bonding experience.


Duncan: Okay. But just stay about 80 feet away from me.


When everyone was going to finish up, Annie notices something on Kimberly's cheek.


Annie: Oh my! Kimberly! What is that thing on your cheek?


Kimberly: My cheek? Oh no!


Jing: You look like you kissed a frog!


Running to the mirror, Kimberly looked at her cheek. Sure enough, it was a pimple.


Kimberly: I...have...a....pimple?


Annie: Don't act so shocked like you've never had one before. What about the one you had last month on your underarm?


Jing: Remember when that happened. Kimberly is way too young to be shaving her armpits.


Kimberly: Don't talk about that. I never did it again after!


Annie: Yes, Jing. You should not embarrass your sister like that.


Jing: OKay, sorry.


Getting a better look at the pimple, Kimberly doesn't see it as such a big deal.


Kimberly: Guess I freaked out over nothing. It's barely noticable.


Annie: Barely noticable? It looks like a cyst!


Kimberly: A cyst? Like what I had last month in my armpit?


Annie: Exactly! You were probably getting into my makeup again.


Kimberly: No no I didn't!


Annie: Let me take a better look.


Looking deeper into Kimberly's pimple. Annie sees that it is indeed a cyst.


Annie: Yes! One of my co workers had something like you have. It's a cyst.


Kimberly: Oh no! Another one!


Jack: Should we help out?


Duncan: This sounds like a girl problem, Dad.


Annie: Dunckie's right. No, let the girls handle this.


Kimberly: Does this mean I have to go to a doctor?


Annie: To get it drained, yes.


Jing: Mommy is right. She has a whole bunch of appointments to go to next week. Better go tommorow.


Annie: You should listen to your little sister.


Duncan: Well, that's Jing. Always wise beyond her years.


Kimberly: But Mom! I heard you rant that you're sick of going to doctors and you have a bunch of apopointments next week and.....


Annie: We're going tommorow it's final.


Kimberly: But Mom!


Annie: Here comes the 'But Mom' again!


Kimberly: I go to the park on Fridays with my witches coven. What are they going to think if I'm not there?


Annie: They'll have to take a rain check. You can go next week.


Kimberly: They will probably forget about it by then.


Duncan: Why does it matter what day you go to a doctor, Kimberly? The school year is over.


Kimberly: I almost wish I can go with Dad and Duncan to help him win a trophy.


Annie: Don't you care about this? It can leave a scar.


Kimberly and Annie have an arguement over the pimple. Jack and Duncan take their plates and clean their dishes themselves. JIng joins them.


Annie: Come on, Kimberly! Any other girl would be like, 'lets do it'!


Kimberly: You always make the smallest things seem like big huge catastophies!


Annie: You have no idea how serious this is!


Kimberly: See? There you go again!


Annie: You want to go to the park for what? Play on the swings?


Kimberly: No! I told you, my witches coven has meetings on Fridays at the park. I am NOT going to spend my first day of summer at a stupid doctor's office. Who knows how long we'll be in there for!


Annie: Want to know what's like you? Always choosing to do something immature over doing something important.


Kimberly: Going to the park on Fridays is my reward for putting up with the bullshit a middle school girl has to go though.


Annie: Okay, how about this? If the pimple pops by tommorow, we'll deal with it ourselves.


Kimberly: You win! Just like you always do! (to herself): Now I'll never know what new potion Claire discovered.



Chapter Two:


It was Friday. The first day of Summer Vacation. Kimberly feels terrible about her arguement with Annie last night. Jack and Duncan were getting ready for their day.


Jack: Come on, Duncan! Rise and shine. Time to ride the Pineapple Express! My van!


Duncan: You're trying to be cool but you fail all the time.


Jack: But I get an A+ for being a Dad. So, what event do you want to try to win a trophy?


Duncan: I'll tell you on the way to the rec center.


Jack and Duncan go to Jack's truck he uses to go to work.


Duncan: Man, that fight Mom and Kimberly had over that pimple. Sheesh!


Jack: I always shudder when Annie fights with Kimberly or Jing. (drives off with Duncan)


Duncan: Can you still hear them yell at each other? Haunting! I wanted to get in between them.


Jack: Let's set our concerns aside and win you a trophy!


Shortly after, Kimberly apologizes to Annie after looking at the calendar of all the appointments she has to go to.


Kimberly: I'm really sorry about that terrible fight we had. You really do have a lot to do next week.


Annie: That's okay. We aren't the first Mom and daughter in history to have a spat.


Jing: Let's look at Kimberly's pimple.


Annie looks at Kimberly's pimple again.


Jing: What's the prognosis?


Kimberly: Shut up, Jing! You're too young to be talking like that!


Jing: I saw the movie Extraordinary Measures last Christmas.


Annie: Oh my! Looks like it's better and it's going to be ready to bust. Let me squeeze it.


Trying to squeeze the pimple, no puss comes out.


Annie: It's getting there. It's better today than it was yesterday.


Kimberly: That's good. No doctors for us.


Annie: You're right. No doctors. But we will keep our eye on it today.


30 minutes have passed. Annie tries a hot teabag on Kimberly's pimple. Still no puss comes out of it.


Annie: I tried. It just isn't getting better!


Kimberly: You said a little while ago it was!


Annie: We just need to pop it is all.


Jing: How about I try to pop it?


Annie: No, Jing!


Jing: Sorry you didn't get to go to the park like you wanted to.


Kimberly: You know what? Maybe I won't after all. I still feel awful for arguing with you last night, Mom. I'll just text all my friends and tell them I won't make it and.....


Annie: Well then why didn't you tell me?!?!? Urgent Care closes at noon! Let's go! Let's go!
(claps her hands)

Kimberly: All right! All right!


Jing: I want to come too! It's fun to go to the doctor on a Friday! The doctor gives you suckers!


Kimberly finally agrees to go get her pimple checked. Annie, Jing, and Kimberly were now all on their way to Urgent care.


Annie: After this, you can go to the park.


Kimberly: It's a deal. (rolls her eyes)



Chapter Three:



Duncan and Jack step out of the van, their eyes wide as they take in the impressive display of trophies lining the walls.

Jack: Contests of the mind, body and spirit, hey, Duncan?

Duncan: (whispering) Dad, look at all those trophies! They’re like a mountain of glory!

Jack: (grinning) That’s right, Duncan. Each one represents hard work, dedication, and victory. Which event do you want to conquer?

Duncan: Track and field! I want to sprint around the track against someone.

Jack: (pumping his fist) Excellent choice! Let’s find out who the track coach is around here.

They walk toward the track area Duncan goes into one of his fantasties where he wins a track and field event and Mia is in the stands cheering for him. However, Duncan loses direction as Jack snaps him out of his fantasy where he ends up in a steam room.


Jack: Duncan? Duncan!


Duncan: Oh yack! (Gags)


Jack: You were walking into the steam room. (apologizes to the men in the steam room) Sorry about this! heh heh.


Going back to the trophy room, is where they spot Mr. Mitch.


Duncan: Mr. Mitch! My favorite teacher!

Mr Mitch: (spotting them) Well, well, well. New recruits, eh? What brings you to my domain? Did I mention I like to spend my weekends here for fun?

Duncan: (nervously) I want to win a trophy for track and field.

Mr. Mitch: (raising an eyebrow) Track and field, huh? It’s not all about speed, you know.
Technique matters. Endurance matters. Dedication matters.

Duncan: I’m ready to learn, Mr. Mitch. I want to earn a trophy like those.

Mr Mitch: (leaning in) Trophies aren’t handed out like candy, kid. But if you’re serious, I’ll help you train. First, we’ll work on your form. Then we’ll build your stamina.


Before They head to the track, where Mr Mitch shows Duncan some awards he won.


Mr. Mitch: Believe it or not, I won trophies too! Here's me in 1994, 1995, and 1997! Please don't ask what happened in 1996!

Duncan (laughs): I won't.


Mr. Mitch: Now let's get started. I'm going to train you Chariots of Fire style!


Duncan: I'm ready!

Mr Mitch: (pointing) Push off with your toes, arms pumping, eyes forward. Imagine you’re chasing down a dream.

Duncan: (trying it) Like this?

Mr Mitch: Not bad.



Chapter Four:


Annie, Kimberly, and Jing sit in the waiting room. The atmosphere is a mix of boredom and mild anxiety. There are a few other patients waiting. Two married couples.

Jing: Oh look. Good thing we got here early.

Annie: (leaning over to Kimberly) Did you bring a water bottle? It’s always so dry in here. I get thirsty having to wait.

Kimberly: (rummaging through her bag) Don't worry I never forget you always need a drink when you go to doctors.

Jing watches as Kimberly pulls out a water bottle, but as she hands it to Annie, it slips from her grasp and spills all over Annie’s purse.

Annie: (frustrated) Kimberly! My insurance cards were in there!

Kimberly: (apologetic) I’m sorry, Mom. I didn’t mean to. I’ll dry them off.

Meanwhile, Jing has discovered a small play area with toys in the corner.

Jing: (excited) Look, Mom! Toys! Can I play?

Annie: (nodding) Sure, Jing. Just be careful.

The receptionist calls their names. Annie and Kimberly approach the desk.

Receptionist: (looking at the wet insurance cards) Oh my! Are these your insurance cards?

Annie: Yes, they got a little wet. Sorry about that.

Receptionist: (still shocked) Well, I’ve never seen this before. Let me sign you in. Please have a seat.

Annie signs the necessary paperwork while Kimberly tries to discreetly dry the cards with a tissue.

Jing (playing with the toys): Busy Beads Go Up! Busy Beads Go Down!

Annie: Kimberly, you really need to learn to be more prompt and practical. We’re lucky it’s just the cards this time.

Kimberly: I know, Mom. I’ll work on it.

They sit back down, and 30 minutes pass. A nurse calls the married couples.

Nurse: Walters! Kamory!

Kimberly: (impatient) Seriously, how long does it take to see a doctor? I needed to be at my Witches Coven today!

Annie: (smiling) Well, maybe you’ll learn some magical patience here today. After this I promise you can go to your Witches Coven at the park.

Kimberly (mumbles): I already cancelled.

One of the married couples just checked out. A nurse comes out and the receptionist lets them know

Receptionist: Kimberly, Annie, and Jing, you’re up next!

They follow the receptionist down the hallway, leaving behind the waiting room and its toys.

Kimberly: (whispering to Annie) Maybe I’ll cast a spell for faster service next time.

Annie (playfully) Just make sure it doesn’t turn the doctor into a snake.

They disappear into the examination rooms, leaving the waiting room behind.


Chapter Five:


Jack Harris watching his son. Sits nervously in the stands. His son, Duncan, stands at the starting line, stretching his legs.

Duncan (waves to Jack): Hey dad!

Jack: (calls back to Duncan): Don't worry! I'm way up in the stands to avoid embarrassment!

Mr Mitch: (over the loudspeaker): “Ladies and gentlemen, welcome to the annual track meet! Our next race features Duncan Harris, first time track runner against the formidable Bad Stanley!”

Jack clenches his fists, trying not to show his anxiety. Although Bad Stanley, Duncan, Mr. Mitch and Jack were the only ones at the track. Mr. Mitch liked to pretend it was televisied.

Mr Mitch (cont’d): Bad Stanley, known for his bulging biceps and intimidating scowl, is a force to be reckoned with. But Duncan has been training hard!

Bad Stanley stares at Duncan and gives off a huffing gruff sound.

Mr Mitch (cont’d): “And they’re off!”

Duncan sprints down the track, his legs pumping. Bad Stanley, true to his name, muscles ahead. Jack gasps. Then The Harris family patriach leans forward, squinting to see.

Mr. Mitch (cont’d): “But wait! Bad Stanley stumbles! He’s down!”

Bad Stanley clutches his ankle, grimacing.

Mr. Mitch (cont’d): “Duncan Harris takes the lead! Can he maintain it?”

Watching Duncan ran, Jack jumps to his feet, waving his arms.

Jack: “Go, Duncan! You’ve got this!”

As Duncan approaches the finish line, he glances up at the stands. Their eyes meet, and Jack gives him a thumbs-up Duncan crosses the finish line, arms raised.

Mr Mitch (excitedly): “Ladies and gentlemen, or just gentleman, your winner—Duncan Harris!”

Duncan was presented with a trophy, and Jack wipes away tears.

Jack (to himself): “My boy did it.”

Mr. Mitch: you were awesome out there, Duncan! You earned this trophy!

Duncan: Thank you for the training Mr. Mitch! Could not have done it without you!

Jack comes down from the stands and hugs Duncan. Later Duncan takes a selfie of him and his trophy.


Chapter Six:


At Urgent Care. Annie, Kimberly, and Jing were in a room waiting for the doctor. Annie takes another look at the pimple.

Annie: Yes it's a cyst all right. I'm right about these things.

Jing: Too bad Kimberly can't have my sucker. That's true people who have pimples can't have candy or had too much of it?

Kimberly: Hopefully the doctor won't think so and you can finally stop obsessing!

Annie: That's how I am Kimberly. When I see a problem with any of you, I want to fix it! I'm a female Winston Wolfe.

Kimberly: Whoever that is.

The three of them hear doctors talking and are seeing footsteps under the door.

Jing: Looks like a doctor is coming now.

The doctor entered the room, her white coat swishing as she moved. She had a warm smile and an air of confidence that put everyone at ease. Annie, still focused on the cyst, leaned in slightly, ready to hear the verdict.

Doctor Rodriguez: “Hello, ladies! I’m Dr. Rodriguez. Let’s take a look at this little troublemaker.” She pulled on a pair of gloves and approached Kimberly, who was eyeing Jing’s sucker with longing.

Kimberly: “Dr. Rodriguez, can you settle a bet? Is it possible this isn't a cyst. Just a pimple?

Dr. Rodriguez chuckled. “Well, Kimberly. I'm afraid your Mom is right about this one. Now, Annie, tell me more about this cyst.”

Annie explained how she’d noticed the pimple growing over the past few days, and Dr. Rodriguez nodded thoughtfully. She examined it closely, then stepped back.

Dr. Rodriguez: “It does look like a cyst, Annie. Nothing to worry about, but we’ll drain it to relieve the pressure. You’ll be back to hovering over other things in no time.”

Annie grinned. “Thank you, Dr. Rodriguez. And by the way, Kimberly, Winston Wolfe is a character from a movie—someone who solves problems efficiently. I guess that’s just me!”

Dr. Rodriguez raised an eyebrow. “Well, Annie, let’s hope you’re as good at solving cysts as Winston Wolfe is at solving crime scenes.”

As the doctor prepared for the procedure, Kimberly leaned over to Jing.

Kimberly (whispering): “I still think it’s a conspiracy. Annie’s secretly a superhero.”

Jing smirked. “Or maybe she’s just really good at Googling symptoms.”

The room filled with laughter as Dr. Rodriguez got to work, and Annie couldn’t help but feel grateful for her friends—and for the quirky, problem-solving spirit that made her who she was. Dr Rodriguez wrote up a script for Kimberly's cyst. Some cream and antibotics.


Chapter Seven:


An hour later, Annie went to pick up Kimberly's prescription for her cyst. Then coming home, Annie gives Kimberly her meds.


Annie: All right, the doctor says take two pills in the morning and at night. And use the cream the same way.


Kimberly: OKay.


Annie: You can go to your Witches' Coven if you want to.


Kimberly: You know what? I think I will. It hasn't started yet anyway. So I guess I got upset for nothing.


Annie: We're only human. You have a right to your feelings.


Kimberly: Today was important because Claire found a new potion she wants to try. That's why I was, well you know....


Annie: I get it. You're almost a teenager and you're at that age where you think having fun with your friends is more important than anything else.


Kimberly: You nailed it! I realized that I have the whole summer ahead of me to play with my friends. Just one day doesn't make much difference.


Jack and Duncan came home.


Duncan: I won a trophy!


Annie: That is wonderful, Dunckie!


Jing: So shiny! Maybe I'd like to try to get one!


Duncan: You need to earn it.


Jing: I know. I know. I never accept handouts!


Kimberly went to her Witches Coven at the park. Later on that day, the Harris family was celebrating their kids getting out of school for the summer. Jack, Annie, Duncan, Kimberly, and Jing were all roasting marshmallows and making S'mores.



Duncan: My selfie of my trophy was a big hit on Instagram!


Kimberly: And my cyst is finally clearing up.


Jing: Lets make a toast!


Jack: A toast!


Annie: Even though I have to go to nothing but doctors for a whole week next week. A toast to summer!


Duncan: I'll toast to that!


Jack, Annie, Duncan, Jing, and Kimberly: To summer!


Duncan: And to doing fun things with Bex, Wolf, and Yangzi.


Kimberly: Doing cool stuff with my band of witches!


Jing: What will this summer bring to us?


Annie: Nobody knows for sure.


Jack: Guess it's up to us to find out!



The End






Sign up to rate and review this story