Categories > Games > Zelda > The Legend of Zelda: Real Courage: Dark Mirror

Chapter Twenty-Four: The Spirit of the Sword

by LaxyakLovesLoZ 0 reviews

Chapter Twenty-Four: The Spirit of the Sword

Category: Zelda - Rating: PG - Genres: Fantasy - Characters: Link - Published: 2024-07-12 - 1303 words - Complete

0Unrated
Lila and Link walked through a dark tunnel that shone with stars and lines. Before long, a bright white light filled their vision. Lila put an arm up to block the light from her view, but it was over in a flash. Then they were in Rova’s room.

“What? How?” Rova said, mystified.

Before she could do more, Link grabbed Lila’s hand and ran out of the room.

“Where’s the Master Sword?” Link demanded, running down the halls.

“In my room,” Lila answered. “What are you–?”

“We have to stop Rova!” Link said.

Lila heard something and looked back. Rova was hot on their trail. Lila shouted, “Hurry, she’s behind us!”

Link let go of Lila’s hand and ran faster. She hurried to catch up to him.

“This way,” Lila said. She guided Link through lesser-used halls, hoping to avoid running into anyone.

A tongue of flame nearly hit Lila.

“Duck!”

The two lowered their heads but kept up their mad dash.

An icicle shot at them but missed. How long would their luck keep up? Could they make it to Lila’s room and the Master Sword in time?

Lila and Link continued to dodge the flames and ice blasts. Then the attacks stopped. Lila didn’t know why, and she didn’t care.

“Keep moving,” she warned.

Finally, safely, they made it to Lila’s room.

“Move!” she shouted to the guards at her door. She barreled inside, grabbed the Master Sword, and whipped around to fight. She came out of the room and said to the guards, “Protect yourselves. This fight is bigger than you.”

“Give me a sword,” Link told one of the guards.

“No time for arguing,” Lila said. “Give him your sword and hide in my room!”

The guard did what was asked of him.

Then Rova walked casually around the corner.

Not thinking straight, Lila struck out with the Master Sword. Rova easily blocked her with a wall of ice.

“Tisk tisk,” Rova said. “That was weak, Lila. How you managed to defeat our other form, we’ll never know. Time for you to go back to the Twilight Realm.”

Rova raised her hands, one holding her staff and the other holding the mirror shard. She chanted, but nothing happened.

“Strange,” Rova said. “I guess that’s no longer an option. I’ll have to send you somewhere else. Perhaps… the Desert Mine will do?”

“No!” Lila shouted, but this time Rova’s chanting took effect. The cramped hallway faded and rock walls took its place. It was dark, but torches lined the walls, burning as fiercely as the day Lila crawled through the dungeon.

Lila stood there for a minute to get over the shock. Link wasn’t faring much better. They had to hang on to the wall to keep from losing balance.

“Watch out for screamers,” Lila warned in a low voice.

“What’s that?”

“When they scream, your whole body locks up. You can do nothing until the effect wears off, which gives them time to attack you. They’re slow,” Lila explained. “I wish we had a ranged weapon. We’ll just have to avoid them as much as we can.”

“I think I know what you’re talking about,” Link said. “ReDead Knights?”

“Yeah, that’s what Zale called them.”

“Okay. Give me the Master Sword. I know how to handle them.”

“Not on your life,” Lila said, pulling away from him.

Link managed to grab her wrist but not the sword. “C’mon. Give it to me!”

As they grappled, the sword was raised high in the air. Link was able to touch the hilt with one finger…

Before either could move, the sword started to glow blue. Lila and Link were stunned as they watched. The glowing formed into a blob, pulling away from the sword. Then it jumped away and morphed into a feminine figure, completely blue. Lila and Link stood transfixed in shock. When the figure spoke, it had a melodic harmony, as though the voice was echoing.

“I calculate it has been many millennia since I was forged,” the woman said. Then she took a closer look at the pair holding the Master Sword. “I also calculate a ninety-eight percent chance you two are twins. No, data analysis complete, one-hundred percent chance. You two are twins.”

Neither said a word, so the woman went on.

“Twin Heroes… The chances of that are so remote, not even I can calculate it. It seems a problem has developed. Data shows both of you want the sword, correct?”

“It’s my sword!” Lila answered.

At the same time, Link insisted, “I deserve the Master Sword!”

They glared at each other, still holding the sword in the sky.

“Ah… yes,” the woman said falteringly. “There’s only a thirty-five percent chance both of you will need the sword for the coming battles.” Then she looked right at Lila. “Fifty-seven percent says the sword belongs to you.”

“Only fifty-seven?” Lila shouted. She kicked Link right between the legs, making him let go and curl up in pain. “How’s that for fifty-seven percent?” She swung the sword around pompous to emphasize her point.

The woman cocked her head to one side, watching Link roll around whimpering in the dirt.
“You dirty little cheat!” he squeaked at Lila.

Lila smirked. “It’s payback for cheating in our fight. Why do you need the sword?” she asked Link.

“Because it belongs to me,” he answered, rising from the ground.

“That’s not a need,” Lila countered. “Why do you need the sword?”

Link had no answer for that. His head fell and he mumbled something about technicalities.

“I need the sword,” Lila went on, “to defeat Rova. I need the sword to protect Hyrule.

When Link didn’t respond, the woman chimed in, “I prefer to ber with the girl. The Blade of Evil’s Bane was forged to save Hyrule, and it will continue to do so throughout all time.”

“It’s settled, then,” Lila said. “I’m keeping the sword. She turned to the woman. “Is that your name, Blade of Evil’s Bane?”

The woman shook her head. “No. I am called Fi. The Blade of Evil’s Bane is one of my titles. Another is the Master Sword.”

“That’s the one we’re familiar with,” Link said. “I’m Link and that cheater is Lila.”

Lila rolled her eyes.

“I have served many with the same names,” Fi said wistfully.

“You have?” Lila asked. “I thought I was a fluke.”

“You being twins is a fluke, but there have been many female heroes.”

Link asked, “What would you say to Princess Zelda having a twin also?”

Fi said, “That another power is at work.”

“Rova!” Link fumed, clenching his fists. “She’s been planning this from the beginning!”

“That doesn’t change anything,” Lila said. “We were going to stop her anyway.”

“I guess you’re right,” Link said, calming down.

“This Rova person,” Fi asked, “you need to defeat her to protect Hyrule?”

“Yes,” Lila and Link said together.

“Then I will help you. I have a special ability that can only be used when your health is full. Give a horizontal slash and my power will come out as a sharp wave.”

“No fair, you get all of the good stuff,” Link complained.

“I am sorry,” Fi said to him. “This only works with the Master Sword.”

“You don’t have to rub it in,” Link muttered.

“Ready when you are,” Fi said, disappearing into the sword.

“Let’s get moving,” Lila said. “There’s no telling where we are in the mine. We’ll just have to explore until we make our way out.”

“Lead the way,” Link pouted.
Sign up to rate and review this story