Categories > Games > Zelda > The Legend of Zelda: Real Courage: Dark Mirror

Chapter Twenty-Seven: Right Again

by LaxyakLovesLoZ 0 reviews

Chapter Twenty-Seven: Right Again

Category: Zelda - Rating: G - Genres: Fantasy - Characters: Link,Zelda - Published: 2024-07-19 - 1703 words - Complete

0Unrated
“Rova is nowhere in the castle,” a guard reported to Zale. “We found her in her room, but she vanished. Along with the imposter and two others.”

“What others?” Zale asked anxiously.

“The one called LiLink and a girl who looked just like you,” the guard said. “The girl was bound. Who was she?”

Zale sighed. “I can’t tell you. Just know that she’s a visitor from another land.”

The guard looked skeptical but said nothing.

“Is that all?” Zale asked.

“Yes, sire.”

“Then keep searching for Rova. Search all of Castle Town if you have to. I want her found,” Zale ordered.

“Yes, sire!” the guard saluted and left.

Zale relaxed in his bed. He was still in the infirmary with Impa. Where could Rova have gone? And why did she take Zelda? What was that imposter? Could it be anything like LiLink? If so… could Lila and Link be okay?

Too many questions and no answers. Zale groaned, closing his eyes.

“What’s wrong, Your Majesty?” Impa asked.

Zale kept his eyes closed. “There’s just a lot on my mind right now.”

Impa watched him, but he said no more. She sat back in her chair, her legs crossed.

After a few hours, she told him to sleep. He tried to, but he didn’t get much rest. Eventually, his body gave up and he fell asleep.



The sun was beginning to rise by the time Lila, Link, and Zelda arrived at the Castle Town gates. Link was pale and had to be held up by the others. Lila felt like she was dead on her feet. She longed for a bath and some rest. Zelda carried Rova’s staff and bag.

There was only one guard at the gate, and he was asleep. The trio had to yell for what felt like ages before he woke up and opened the gate.

Lila asked him, “Where are the other guards?”

“Looking for Rova, Lady Lila.”

“Well they can stop,” Lila said dully. “Rova’s dead.”

The guard brightened. “Really?”

Lila and the others ignored him and continued. They had to get to the infirmary before Link passed out.

With it being so early in the morning, the streets were practically empty. The few people they saw bowed to them with puzzled looks on their faces. No one wasted time by talking to the townsfolk.

Finally, they made it to the castle proper, where one guard stood posted.

“Rova is dead,” Lila told him unceremoniously. And then they moved on.

In the infirmary, Link was handed off to doctors. The doctors wanted to look after Lila as well, but she told them that she needed to see the king first.

Impa slept in the chair next to Zale, who slept fitfully. Trying not to wake Impa, Lila shook Zale awake.

“I’m here, my love,” Lila said softly.

“Lila?” Zale looked at her with blurry eyes. “Is it really you?”

“Yes, love, it really is,” Lila assured him.

Zale put a hand in hers, though what he really wanted was to hug and kiss her.

“I-I thought…” Zale whimpered.

“You thought I merged with Link,” Lila finished for him. “That I gave up on our marriage. Never, my love. You will have me forever.”

Zale sighed. Exhaustion took over and he fell back asleep. Lila patted his hand and then left, closing the door quietly. Then she let the doctors see to her wounds.



Zelda waited to make sure Link was okay and then she took Rova’s bag and staff in to speak with Zale. He was awake and feeling restless, wishing to be with Lila, but Lila was still sleeping.

“Come in, Zelda,” Zale said when she opened the door.

“Perhaps I should go by another name while I’m here,” Zelda said, taking the chair beside him. Impa wasn’t there. Zale had finally convinced her to get healed.

“Our ancestor used the name Sheik,” Zale said. “It’s not known by anyone but the Sheikah.”

“I know about Sheik,” Zelda said. “Okay, that’s what I’ll use. And Link can be Deku. But I didn’t come here to discuss names.” She patted the bag she held. “This is Rova’s bag. Inside are artifacts from different times, including the Dark Mirror. One of them, the Fierce Deity Mask, is actually from a parallel world. That was tricky to get.

“Anyway, we have to figure out what to do with them,” Zelda, or Sheik, went on. “The Dark Mirror in particular needs to be stored somewhere where no one will see it.”

“What is the Dark Mirror?” Zale asked.

“The mirror that created our shadows,” Sheik explained. “Just looking into it will trigger the effect.”

Zale thought for a minute. “Hm… I have an idea of where to put it, but it will depend on the Gerudo. I believe they are going to leave their land, and Ganondra’s castle will be the perfect place to put it.”

“Good,” Sheik said simply. “Now about the Fierce Deity Mask. It’ll prove difficult to return it. The world it’s from is hard to escape. I think it’s best to protect it in this time rather than attempt to return it.”

“Will anyone miss it?” Zale asked.

“I don’t think so,” Sheik answered. “It was already used for its purpose when we took it. It was just on display at a museum.”

“Well, if you say it’s dangerous to return, then I suppose we can keep it in the Royal Treasury. That’s where we keep the death masks. We can keep Rova’s staff there, too.”

Sheik nodded. “Good. Finally is the Ocarina of Time. It’s what allowed us to travel among the different time periods.”

Zale said, “Lila has an ocarina. Maybe she’ll know what to do with it.”

Sheik looked skeptical. “If you’re sure…”

Zale nodded. “I am. I’m sure she knows something about it.”

“Well, that’s everything,” Sheik said. “Oh! I almost forgot about the loftwing in the stable.”

“Loftwing? In the stable?” Zale balked.

“I suppose that should be returned to its time so it doesn’t get lonely,” Sheik said.

Zale still marveled at the fact. “Yeah, probably,” he said dreamily.

“Link will have to take care of that when he recovers,” Sheik said. “I’ll let him know.” She stood up to go.

Zale said, “Keep the bag safe until we can handle what’s inside. I don’t want it falling into the wrong hands.”

Sheik bowed. “Yes, sire.”

“Don’t do that,” Zale groaned.

“You’re the king.”

“But you’re my sister.”

Sheik shook her head. “No one is to know that. I am just another of your loyal subjects.”

Zale sighed. “If you say so.”

“I do,” Sheik said. She bowed one more time and left.



General Davros came in an hour later looking angry as usual.

“What’s this I hear about an imposter running around the castle?” the general demanded.

Zale raised his good hand and said, “Settle down, General Davros. The imposter has been dealt with.”

Davros didn’t relax. “Then who’s the girl in the infirmary? She looks just like you. Plus, she’s with a boy who looks just like Lady Lila.”

“They’re not imposters,” Zale said.

“Then who are they?” Davros roared.

“General,” Zale said sternly, “I am your king. I will have you remember that. The blood of the Goddess flows through my veins. Now, show me the respect I deserve.”

Davros looked at him in awe. Then, slowly, he knelt and bowed his head. “I apologize, sire. Please forgive me.”

“You are forgiven,” Zale said in a softer voice. “Just know that I will no longer tolerate your outbursts.”

“Yes, sire.”

“You may rise now,” Zale said. The general did so. “The girl is named Sheik and the boy is Deku. They are travelers from another land, and their appearances are entirely coincidental. You can be at ease concerning them. There was an imposter, but Sheik defeated them at the same time Deku defeated Rova. The threat to the kingdom is gone.”

Davros struggled to contain his anger. “Then you will admit there was a threat?”

“Yes,” Zale said simply.

The general was silent for a moment. “It’s good to hear that the threat is gone.”

Zale asked, “Is that all?”

“Well, actually… sire. Maybe next time you can keep me in the loop. I am your second in command, after all.”

“I will remember that,” Zale said. “But you must remember that I have Lila by my side, and she has proven capable of handling many problems on her own. There will be times when I defer to her instead of you.”

This seemed to incense General Davros, but he managed to keep his anger contained. “Yes, sire.” Then, as abruptly as he came, he left.



It was nearly dinnertime when Lila woke up. The first thing she did was barge into Zale’s room. He was alone and snoozing, but when she entered, a huge grin broke across his face.

“It’s really you!” Zale said.

“Oh, Zale, I love you!” Lila said, rushing over to hug him. “I want to never leave your side again!”

Zale laughed with pure joy. “Let’s never part, my darling. If I could wish on the Triforces, I’d wish for us to be together forever!”

Lila let go of him, a curious look on her face. The backs of their hands were burning, where the Triforce symbol was. They looked in awe at their hands. Zale had the Triforce of Wisdom. Lila had the Triforce of Courage… and Power. The Triforces glowed brightly on their hands. Then the glow faded and the symbols were gone.

“What just happened?” Lila wondered.

“Between the two of us,” Zale said in awe, “We had all three Triforces. They must have heard our wish.”

Lila smiled and wrapped her arms around Zale. “Then we’ll be together forever!”

The two sat on Zale’s bed, hugging, laughing, and kissing. Nothing could ruin their joy at that moment.

∴ THE END ∴
Sign up to rate and review this story