Categories > TV > Firefly

Polish

by mjules 1 review

Prompt: Nail-polish, Gun-polish, Yeast. Kaylee gets girlified. By request.

Category: Firefly - Rating: PG - Genres: Humor, Romance - Characters: Jayne, Kaylie - Published: 2006-09-30 - Updated: 2006-09-30 - 256 words - Complete

2Ambiance
Jayne was polishing one of his small handguns when Kaylee came into the common room, her hands cupped around a tiny bag of something. "What's that?" he asked, gesturing to her hands with the pistol.

"This? Oh, it's yeast," Kaylee answered cheerfully. "I found it when we docked at Persephone yesterday - gonna use it to make real bread!" She held the little bag aloft with a triumphant grin.

"Ain't what I was talkin' 'bout," Jayne grumbled, though the mention of real bread set his stomach to growling and he very nearly got distracted. "What's that on your hands? Some kinda engine grease?"

Kaylee looked down at her hands in surprise, sure that she'd cleaned them before coming to the kitchen. "Oh! No, silly," she beamed. "It's nail polish. Inara did it. D'ya like it?" She came close to him, wiggling her fingers, which were indeed tipped with deep red nails, at the tip of his nose.

Jayne had an instant vision of what those crimson nails would look like digging into his bicep, his back, and swallowed thickly. "Y-yeah," he rasped. "Looks real nice, Kaylee." She gave him a sunny smile and continued on her way to the kitchen. In an attempt to cover his slip, he called after her gruffly, "Just what're you gonna do with those painted hands, anyway? Show 'em off to Serenity's innards?"

Instead of a wounded look, which he belatedly feared he'd see on her face, she turned to him with an impishly-arched eyebrow and chirped, "Wouldn't you like to know."
Sign up to rate and review this story