Categories > TV > Battlestar Galactica

Transference

by tanzy 0 reviews

Sometimes a bird has just got to fly.

Category: Battlestar Galactica - Rating: PG - Genres: Drama - Characters:  Starbuck - Warnings: [!] - Published: 2005-05-05 - Updated: 2005-05-05 - 410 words - Complete

0Unrated
Starbuck was very aware of what it felt like to want someone and not expect reciprocation. She'd never felt it with Zak; they'd always been straight with each other with only one exception. But his older brother...Starbuck was no fool and she didn't to lie to herself, at least not a lot. Captain Lee Adama could no more express his attraction than he could pull the stick out of his ass. That day in the hangar, when he'd come to confront her over the good doctor, she'd seen the fear in his eyes as he'd yelled at her. Not fear in any sense that he was scared of her, certainly not, Captain Apollo was scared of nothing. But he might be scared of himself. Scared that his anger over her choice of partners would speak far more eloquently of his predicament than his words.

After Apollo had left, she'd returned to her work, glaring at it with a misplaced fury. Tyrol had treaded over softly and silently offered her a towel. She'd grabbed it away from him, dabbing at the sweat on her forehead and neck, pointedly ignoring the blood leaking from her split lip.

"You think she'll ever fly again?" he asked.

"He," Kara corrected without looking up.

"Like I was saying, do you think she'll ever fly again?" Tyrol asked again, not looking at the Cylon raider.

"Maybe, there's not point in letting him sit around on the deck collecting dust."

"Good, cause this hangar doesn't have the time or space for giving up," he replied briskly.

"Are we still talking about the bird, Chief Petty Officer Tyrol?" Starbuck asked as she finally turned to look at him, an eyebrow arching as she stood back up.

"Of course, Sir!" Tyrol responded quickly, snapping to attention.

"Good. I'll be off to the showers then, I smell like the fraking sewers on Caprica," Starbuck said, a slight smile tugging at her lips.

"Should I ask, Sir, why you know what the sewers of Caprica smell like?"
"Signs of a misspent youth, Chief."

As Starbuck walked back towards her quarters and the officer showers, she was willing to admit that her and Lee were both attracted to each other; that much was undeniable. But both of them had constructed so much extraneous crap around themselves that they might never see through it. And that was a shame.
Sign up to rate and review this story