Categories > Anime/Manga > Naruto > The First and Second Exam

The First and Second Exam

by Saisano 0 reviews

Isano and his team take the First and Second Chunin examinations

Category: Naruto - Rating: G - Genres: Action/Adventure - Characters: Anko, Chouji, Gaara, Hinata, Ino, Kakashi, Naruto, Rock Lee, Sakura, Sasuke, Shikamaru, Tenten, Other - Published: 2006-10-02 - Updated: 2006-10-03 - 1358 words

-1MarySue
The first and second test

Ibinki handed out the test and laid out some rules. If the Proctors caught anyone cheating you would let yourself and your friends down. Also if your team looses all ten points you're the team will be kicked out of the exams.
Also Isano, you have a three man team with those dogs do you not. Isano stared at Ibinki, yes I do. "Well, the rules also say that all three team members have to take the exam. And judging by your dogs paws, that means you will be the first to go."
Isano smirked. "No, I don't think so. Bushinko no jutsu!" The class looked suspiciously as the massive beasts turned into a boy and a girl. The boy sort of looked like Sasuke except his hair was brown and jagged to the side. The girl also looked like Sakura except she had brown, long hair.
The class was in full awe. "Wow, that guy is totally hot. Too bad he's a dog though." Tenten said. Kazu faced Ibinki, "Our tests please." Ibiki looked startled, but handed him and Ira there tests as they sat on the floor.
Isano grinned as he leaned back in his chair. "Wow, nice trick." Naruto said awestruck. Sasuke glared at Isano, "I think we need to watch out for him more than anyone else."
He got what they were supposed to do right off the bat. Cheat without getting caught. Well of course he knew that he could acquire the answers quickly from the other students by using his mental chakra, but he wanted to do it the hard way. The questions were easy anyway.
Isano hurriedly scribbled down the answers. One....Two...Three....Four.... Seven....Nine....Done! However number ten said it would not be given until the end of the exam. Ira and Kazu were also done, and waited silently for the last answer.
Naruto was sweating bullets. Isano could tell that he needed some help. He closed his eyes and focused on Naruto's brain waves. He sighed when he finally retrieved them.
"Naruto, hey Naruto, would you like some help?" "What!" Naruto said as he freaked out. Ibinki looked over towards Naruto, as he sweated frantically. He then looked at Isano. "How did you get inside my head?" He thought.
"Brain wave chakra, only the best of the best can achieve this." He said still with his eyes closed. "So, do you still need...?" "Naruto." Hinata whispered.
Naruto then directed his attention to the girl next to him. "You can cheat off of mine." She said as she pushed the test under her sleeve so Naruto could see. "Why does she want to share her answers with me?" He thought.
"No thanks, I'll do it on my own." He whispered. "Same goes for you." Isano shook his head. Then Naruto began to sweat again.
Many teams left during the exam, and Ibinki raised the question for someone to leave and still have admittance into next year's exams. Naruto began to slowly raise his hand, and then slammed it on the table. "Don't underestimate me, I don't quit and I don't run!"
Isano smiled, "Now that's true Ninja spirit." After Naruto's speech, no one else left. Ibinki then smiled and said, "You pass." "What!" Sakura yelled.
The deal was there was no tenth question. It was just to test our skills in seeking information by cheating. Naruto smirked, "Alright!" Kazu and Ira stood up as Isano smirked. "One step closer."
Suddenly something flew through the window with a loud crash. We all looked intently as the ball rolled out into a woman with a banner behind her. "None of you are in the position to celebrate! I am the second chief examination officer...Mitarashi Anko!! Times awastin', people. Let's go!"
"Who is this nutcase?" Isano grinned. "She reminds me of Naruto." Sakura said. "Follow me!" Anko said as she brought us to the forest of death. First she told us that we had to retrieve 2 scrolls, Earth and Heaven. If we received both scrolls we would be able to go to the tower at the center. Then the second exam would be done.
Kazu and Ira folded their arms. "And this is the best you've got!" Anko looked over toward us. She got in Kazu's face and stared menacingly hard. "What, not tough enough for you? Your group can retrieve the other scroll blindfolded!"
Choji laughed, "Blindfolded, you guys will never make out of the forest alive!" Shikamaru turned toward us, "I don't think that's true, Choji."
Then Anko made us sign permission slips and turn them into the booth. Isano just smirked as he handed in the forms, and he and his team put on blind folds. Anko unlocked the lock to the gate. "Part two of the journeyman ninja selection exams begins...Now!"
Isano, Kazu, and Ira grinned as they disappeared without a trace. Anko looked from the place they had left, "These guys sure mean business." Isano sensed a group up ahead. They already had the heaven scroll, and the group ahead of them had the earth scroll. It was Shikamaru's group and Shikamaru had the scroll. "Time for a little bit of payback!" Ira said. Isano smiled, "Heh." Team Dignity ran up on Shikamaru, Choji, and Ino head on.
Isano gracefully grabbed the earth scroll, and all Shikamaru felt was a slight breeze. "Hmm...did you guys fill that breeze?" Shikamaru asked. "No." Ino said. "Ha, it must have just been me that..." Shikamaru stopped as he felt the strap that the scroll was supposed to be on. "Shoot...It's gone!"
Isano, Kazu, and Ira ran lightning speed toward the tower in the middle of the forest. "I see it; it's about 10 meters away!" Kazu said. "Well, then push it!" Isano, Kazu, and Ira ran so fast that they defied the laws of gravity and disappeared. Two seconds later they were inside the building. "Nice." Isano smirked.
The fourth and the other ninja are watched on from a distance. "They got there already! They have beaten all of the records that any of us have held. Especially you Kakashi, I know that you are proud." Kakashi tilted his head, "Well, he is the best."
Isano, Kazu, and Ira waited on all of the other teams. They came one by one and they all stared hard at Team Dignity. Last, but not least was Team Seven. Then the hokage came to great them all.
"I am here to tell you all have successfully passed the Second Exam. For the Third exam you will be fighting against one another so train hard, and have well one on one practice sessions with your senseis. Also, I have an announcement to make."
Everyone listened intently. "We have an outsider and his team that have broken the village record for retrieving scrolls in this exam." The fourth said as he looked at Isano. "Therefore, I have decided to graduate you and your team early."
"What!" They all looked at him hard. "But I thought you have to finish all three exams before graduating!" Sakura said. "Oh, yes you do, and he and his team will as well. They have just earned the spot of Chunin in advance. So, if you guys want to pass, I suggest you get as strong as him."
Gara glared at Isano. "Oh, he has no idea what's coming to him." Isano, Kazu, and Ira followed the Fourth to get there new uniforms. Isano felt glad inside although he did not show it. "Here are your new uniforms, and this is a mask so you don't have to wear bandages around your mouth." "Thank you sir." Isano said bowing.
"Oh, don't thank me. Thank Kakashi. If it wasn't for him I wouldn't even have considered of giving you this rank today." Isano looked at the Fourth confusedly. "YOU know if you put that on, you'll look like a younger Kakashi yourself."
Isano looked down at his clothes. "Maybe..." he thought. "Thank you again sir."
He said as he and his team left. "Your welcome Isano...you really are a great ninja."
Sign up to rate and review this story