Categories > Anime/Manga > Naruto > Cold Hands, Warm Hearts

Remembrance

by des_butterfly 2 reviews

When Kakashi remembers Sasuke, he doesn't think of him like he was in those last days.

Category: Naruto - Rating: PG - Genres: Angst - Characters: Kakashi, Naruto, Sakura, Sasuke - Warnings: [!!] - Published: 2006-10-12 - Updated: 2006-10-13 - 305 words

2Moving
--

When Kakashi remembers Sasuke, he doesn't think of him like he was in those last days-a sullen and angry look in his eyes, a chidori screaming in his open hand and pointed at Naruto's body, at Sakura's outstretched hands as she ran in between them.

When Kakashi remembers Sasuke, he remembers him the night that Team Seven had been stuck in a blizzard on the way back from Wave Country.

He remembers entering the ramshackle hut improvised out of fallen branches and packed snow to wake Sasuke for his shift at watch.

He remembers looking for Sasuke against the far wall, and the surprise he felt when he found Sasuke, instead, nestled in between Naruto and Sakura, fast asleep.

Naruto's feet had been tangled around Sasuke's legs, and his arm had formed a restraint around Sasuke's waist, but Kakashi had suspected that what was really keeping Sasuke in place was the delicate, trusting grip Sakura had on his arm.

As Kakashi watched, the pink-haired girl sighed in her sleep and snuggled closer, resting her cheek against Sasuke's shoulder.

Kakashi had watched a strand of hair tickle Sasuke's nose and felt a response he hadn't known he was capable of.

Every so often, a wave of tension would stiffen Sasuke's limbs, and line his sleeping face, indicating a dream was about to start; but then Naruto would snore and poke Sasuke with a bony elbow, or Sakura would murmur unconscious nonsense and Sasuke would move back into a dreamless state, the lines of his young face smoothing over peacefully.

Kakashi never did wake Sasuke for his shift, but he stayed to watch him sleep for the duration of the night.

Which is why, when Kakashi remembers Sasuke, he feels more determined then ever to help Sakura and Naruto bring him back home.

Where he belongs.

--

fin.

--
Sign up to rate and review this story