Categories > Games > Kingdom Hearts

Somebodies Heartless

by acireflux00 0 reviews

Raku sees Sora. But what does he seem so familiar? Why him? Are these two connected in some way?

Category: Kingdom Hearts - Rating: G - Genres: Action/Adventure, Fantasy - Characters: Kairi, Riku, Sora, Other - Warnings: [?] - Published: 2006-10-13 - Updated: 2006-10-13 - 2217 words - Complete

0Unrated
-hope you enjoy, i had fun writing this-
---------------------------


'I've been having these weird thoughts lately... Like, is any of this for real? Or not?'

The words seem to come to him naturally as he muttered them to himself quietly. He laid sprawled out on his bed staring at the small plastic glow-in-the-dark stars that hung off the ceiling. He had had long auburn hair and vibrant blue eyes. His skin was pale and speckled lightly with small reddish freckles. Small patches of light danced over his body and he sat up, shielding his eyes from the rays of sun pouring into his room. His name was Raku. He was about 14 this year and only recently had he developed these strange vivid dreams about adventures to other worlds.

Suddenly, there was a knock at the door and it jerked him from his drowsy state. A small boy scampered in and stared up at him. He was about 4 and had short midnight black hair and deep hazel eyes. "Waku! Mama wants you to help now! Wakey wakey!" He spoke in a childish manner. Raku regarded his youthful brother and petted him on the head. "Thanks Kai.. Tell mom I'll be right out." Kai smirked and waddled out. Raku could hear as he explained to his mom his brother would be out soon.

Raku stood up and stretched out largely He opened his mouth and let out a long and strung out yawn. From the other room Kai could be heard yelling as he moved closer to the room. "No! Don't go back to sweep Waku!" He hollered in a woeful manner. He stopped at the door and peeked in. When he saw Raku standing there with his arms crossed smiling he crunched his lips to one side and narrowed his eyes. "You stop trywing to trick me!" He scowled. He scuffled off and disappeared around the corner.

"Raku!" His mother called. "Come here, I need to do something really quick before you go out." Raku was already dressed in his normal attire. He had a hard time finding sleep all night but was too miserable to change when he finally did. He exited his room and strode into the living room. "What's up?" He said coolly. His mom looked up from a box she was piling things into and smiled. "I need you to go up to the attic and take these boxy up there. It's Kai's old baby clothes." She explained, pointing out 3 medium sized boxes taped up. He nodded and stacked them all up. He bent down and lifted up bringing the boxes up on his chest so they wouldn't fall forward.

He walked carefully around his mom's piles and edged his way around the corner into the hallway. He slowly picked up his hand and pulled on a string which triggered a latch and allowed the attic door to fall open. As it did, a latter extended itself down to the floor. He pushed up with his legs and coughed as the heat and dust attacked him. The ceiling creaked beneath him as he walked toward a small chest. He set the boxes down and examined the colorful chest.

you gonna open it?

A weird voice whispered. He spun around and searched the room. "What was that?!" He questioned the silence hovering around him. He slowly turned back to the chest and reached down towards it.

open it!

The voice sounded again. He leapt back. The voice seemed as if it were right behind his ear. He even could have sworn he felt the warmth breath on his neck. He stumbled to the ground and landed on his butt making a loud thud. His mom hollered in concern "HEY! Be careful up there! Come back down when you're done, it's dangerous up there!" Raku gulped and replied to his mom nervously "Alright! I'll be right down! I'm okay!." Chills ran up and down his body as he sat for a moment in the silence. After a minute, he got up and kept an eye on the chest. He scoffed and blew it off, going back down the latter.

As he was going down, he set his foot down and felt something cold and wet. A new scent was in the air as well. It was like an ocean breeze with a familiar smell of salt lingering in the air. But when he looked down it was just his regular beige carpet. He waited a minute then closed off the attic. "Alright I'm going!" He called out to his mom as he reached the front door. "Alright honey! Be careful and thanks for the help." With that he left his home and proceeded down the path to the lake.

Halfway there he stopped and crumbled to his knees. A splitting pain shot through his body and for a brief second he could hear jangling of chains as if something was running by then it faded. He pushed himself up and stepped forward. Suddenly out of the bushes his friend, Skyler, leapt from his hiding spot and tackled him sown. "Hey there Raku! Ready to race today? You gotta beat him this time!" He said exasperated. Raku pushed him off and stood to his feet. "I don't feel good today Sky.. Something.." He stopped and hesitated. He looked up at his friend who stared oddly at him. Finally, he spoke again. "Something.. Tells me I will definitely win today!" He urged his friend. Skyler smirked broadly and patted Raku's back. "Let's go kick some butt!"

Together, they made their way down to the lake shore side and sat down on a large trunk that at one time secured an extinct tree that stood hundreds of feet high. From the opposite side of the forest, a petite girl came running down the shore. She waved a hello to both of them and moved closer. She stopped in front of them and smiled sweetly. "Hey Raku! Hey Skyler! Hope I'm not late!!" Raku smiled and blushed slightly. Skyler chuckled and shook his head. "Nah, you're just in time! The games are just about to start!" He exclaimed.

At that moment a tall handsome boy strolled up to the with two people following behind him. Skyler squinted and made a disgusted look. "Heh, if it isn't my favorite trio of buffoons!" The taller one scoffed and put one hand on his hip. "Yes, versus your trio of incompetent fools." He snickered slightly and looked to each side to make sure his other 2 friends found it humorous. Afterwards Raku jumped to his feet and looked up at him. "You won't beat me this time Xemn!" Xemn chuckled in amusement and gave Raku a haughty look. "I'll always beat you! As long as the sunrises and the sunsets, as long as there is dark and light, birds and sky.. You get the point. " He said darkly.

Raku folded his arms and turned towards Skyler. "Tell him talk is cheap, I'm read to kick his butt!" Sklyer smirked and raised his hand. "Alright.. Ready..?" He paused and waited a moment creating tension amongst the two racers. He threw his hand forward and hollered "GO!!" Both of them shot out like a bullet exploding from it's chamber. They kept right next to each other and never missed a step. Xemn glanced over at him and sneered. "Hah! You can't beat me!!" He shoved his shoulder hard into Raku's side and knocked him down. Raku rolled to a stop and growled lowly.

"Damn it!" He scowled angrily at himself. He punched the ground and shook his head. Behind him his friends jumped up and down, encouraging him "Keep going!" "Come on, get up!!" Suddenly, he felt a burst of energy and somebody pulled him up on his feet.

"Come on, you can do it! We'll do it together!"

He stumbled to his feet and it felt as if someone was right beside him running along side with him. He looked up and saw a boy a bit taller than him. He had short spiky brown hair and lively blue eyes. He wore mainly black and had large Mickey mouse looking shoes. For a brief second time seemed to have been moving slow. He looked longer into the face of this stranger and took in all his features. "Huh?" Suddenly it hit him and out of no where a name escaped his lips. "Sora.."

The image quickly dissolved and Raku stumbled over the finish line. He didn't remember passing Xemn or even running towards the line. Behind him, Xemn exhaustedly fell over the line. "You are fast.. How did you do tht?!" He breathed heavily. Raku smirked, hiding the irking feeling tugging at his curiosity. "I don't know.. You're too slow?" Sky mocked him. He jumped on Raku and patted his back. "Well done! That was an excellent recover!! How in the world did you pull that off?!" Raku shrugged and turned towards the lake. It was still early morning yet it seemed like the middle of the night. The clouds had drown back and consumed the sky and sun cowered behind them.

Sky frowned and turned to his female companion "Let's go Risa, it's gonna rain! Raku come on!" Raku took a moment to respond then he quickly turned and shook his head. "I'm okay! I have somewhere I would like to check out!" With that Risa and Sky waved goodbye and took off up the trail. Xemn had already slipped away unnoticed. After a moment he turned and ran back to the spot where he saw that boy. He looked around and tried to call out to him but he couldn't remember his name. He struggled for a minute then got frustrated and kicked the sand. He sat down and folded his arms. "Why can't I remember that name?!" He muttered to himself. "So many weird things happening lately.. What's going on?" He stood up, flustered and annoyed.

He walked towards the water and watched it pull in and out of the shore. The wind picked up and thunder sounded in the distance. Suddenly there was a loud crash and lightning shot down from the black sky. Raku shielded his eyes then looked to see the damage. Instead of the normal settings of his lakeside, it was foggy in that area and it looked as if it were another place. It almost seemed like another world was trying to purge through his world. Through the fog came three people. One was the same boy as before but he looked younger, more his age. The other had short silver hair and transparent light blue eyes. He had run ahead. The last was a young girl with short reddish brown hair.

Raku didn't blink nor breathe in fear of losing this overwhelming scene unfolding before his eyes. The first boy let out a laugh and started forward on the sandy beach. The one behind him, of whom Raku could still not identify, had a slightly hard time keeping up. The girl stopped and put her hands next to her mouth to shout. "So..!...ku!....C...m..b..k!!" Her words were cut off and the tone of her voice seemed unusuall. Raku took a step back and suddenly the figures dissolved. He turned around sharply feeling a dark and mighty presence behind him and gazed at a massive wave roaring towards the shore.

From inside him he felt as if someone was trying to run right out of his body. He looked harder and saw a figure standing waist deep holding out his hand, facing him. "Hey! Get out there! You'll get yourself hurt!" He shouted against the gusting wind.

"Riku's calling me!" A distant voice said. Raku could hardly hear it.
"Go! Go to him!" It spoke again. Raku didn't know what to do.

"GO! You must go now!!" It got louder. Raku's heart began to race and he clenched his fist. "What's going on?" The wave got closer and the voice grew so so close, it was as if he were thinking it at the same time.

"Together we'll do it! Don't be afraid!" Suddenly it hit and he felt he played another role. He jolted forward but somehow stayed in the same spot, watching what appeared to be him running towards the other one. He moved closer to the figure and watched himself reach out to him. The wave crashed down and he blacked out.

-

Raku slowly opened his eyes and took in the surroundings, allowing his eyes to get adjusted to the bright light pouring in. He looked to his side and saw his two friends, his mom, and his little brother. Kai smiled and ran out of the room. His mom touched his forward and asked something but he couldn't hear. It all seemed dream like and weary.

'Is any of this for real or not?'

Skyler popped into view and smiled, patting him on the shoulder. Risa waved a hello and bent down whispering something in his ear. "Was that scary?" He couldn't answer, but it reminded him of the last thing he heard before he blacked out, but it wasn't his voice.

"I'm not afraid anymore!!"

---
THE END
--
Thank you for reading :) Please review and tell me what you think.
Sign up to rate and review this story