Categories > Original > Fantasy > Reflection

Reflection

by Dragons_kin 2 reviews

All she ever wanted was love, and to be loved in return. All she ever got was almost of everything. She almost had it all... and then it was taken from her brutally in a indefinately. She dreams of...

Category: Fantasy - Rating: PG - Genres: Crossover - Warnings: [R] - Published: 2006-10-13 - Updated: 2006-10-14 - 746 words

0Unrated
Reflection
By Dragonskin

Look in the mirror.
Tell me something.
What do you see?

Nothing. Tanned skin, brown hair, brown eyes.
She only saw a shell.
That's all it was, wasn't it? A shell? Something that could only be seen on the outside? Definitely something that should be trodden upon carefully. Very Carefully.
Coral blinked. Hard. Once, twice, three times before seeing the blurry vision in her mirror become clear.
Cairo...
Dread encompassed the brunette female as the figure, Cairo, wrapped his strong arms around her waist. Resting his chin on her shoulder, he leaned his head towards hers with a look on his face of absolute contentment. It was something that was rarely seen on the Dark Angel, and it was also something that Coral had the privilege of looking upon.
"I missed you," he whispered tenderly in her ear. Coral put her hands over his. She couldn't speak as words began to catch into her throat. Finally. The young woman sighed, leaning her back against his chest.
Finally.
The Dark Angel sighed as well and smiled at his beloved.
"I love you," he whispered in her ear.
"I love you."
Cairo breathed in heavily, giving her a little squeeze of reassurance.
"He will be a new miracle," Cairo said. He couldn't stay long, and she knew it too. She closed her eyes when tears threatened to fall to her face. She would not cry when he was here. She wouldn't... "Make sure you take care of him."
Coral opened her eyes and turned around, attempting to look at her lover face to face.
She blinked, and once more tears filled her eyes and threatened to fall. It was all just an illusion.
The brunette sniffled, knowing that she ruined a perfect moment where she was content. Where she was fully and utterly able to just be without words. Where she was with her love. When reality and illusion were one. She raised her hand to her cheek, wiping away the stray tears that had fallen to her cheeks as she reminisced.
"How did you know it was me that was coming," a younger, teenaged, version of Coral asked Cairo. They were sitting upon a roof. It was unusually warm for a winter night. But it was almost spring; the girl could almost smell the aura of fresh grass and mildew. Coral thought it would be a perfect night to join the angel and just talk with him. He was always sitting up or lying back as he watched the night sky fade into dusk.
She had her knees up to her chest, arms wrapped securely around them, and she lay her serene sketched face upon them. Cairo had one knee up, his arm stretched upon it. The other leg was flat out before him, and his other hand at his side to keep himself up.
Cairo was silent for a while, and turned to look at her. The wind blew gently and the female's brown hair blew around her in an elegant dance. For a moment she didn't think he would answer her question. They had known each other for a while now, almost a year, and occasionally they would find themselves talking next to each other. It was hard to think that some flew by so quickly. What her parents think if they saw her now? Would they recognize her with all of her changes? Were they still looking for her? Did they ever?
"When I was younger," Cairo started, taking her out of her reverie, "before the White Wings decided that I and those like me were banished and taken to Exile, I still learned a lot of things the normal angels did..." He paused for a moment, taking in a deep breath, as if the memory was hard to come by or if it was as if he was having a hard time telling her this particular secret. "One of those things was Prophesy Making and I was one of the few that could do something so complicated."
Coral nodded, telling him silently that she understood what he meant. "So you made one-"
"-About you, yes," Cairo finished. "When I was in trouble."
"Before you were trapped in the prison, right?"
The Dark Angel nodded, russet colored eyes seemed to glow as the night wore on.

Tell me something
If you could be anywhere...
Where would it be?

"If I could be anywhere," Coral thought sadly, "it'd be anywhere but here..."
Sign up to rate and review this story