Categories > Anime/Manga > Ranma 1/2

Suicide is painless

by DigiRanma 1 review

Songfic to the MASH theme. Ranma thinks about Akane, his mom, and his life.

Category: Ranma 1/2 - Rating: PG - Genres: Angst, Drama, Romance - Characters: Akane, Nodoka, Ranma, Ryouga - Warnings: [!!] - Published: 2005-07-06 - Updated: 2005-07-06 - 674 words - Complete

4Insightful
This is how I think Ranma would reveal his curse in the anime's universe, so this has nothing to do with the manga. I don't own anything.
************************
I should do it. It's my choice after all. I haven't seen her in 10 years. Hell, thanks to pops, I thought she was dead. What right does he have keeping me from mom?

(Through early morning fog I see,
Visions of the things to be)

On the one hand she might me glad to see me alive and well... under the circumstances thanks to that old man.
Then again... what if she thinks I'm a freak? One woman I love does, but I don't want my own mother to think that as well.

(The pains that are with held from me,
I realize and I can see...)

If she doesn't accept me... then I guess the contract would be the best way for all of us.

(That suicide is painless,
It brings on many changes,
And I can take or leave it
If I please)

But if I were to die, how would the few friends I have take it? Ukyo would probably miss me and to some extent Ryoga, Shampoo, Kodachi, and... Akane... I would miss her.

(The game of life is hard to play,
Gonna loose it anyway)

But then again, if I live, the chaos might get worse and worse and I'll die anyway... God, I wish this whole thing was a dream. I want to have a normal life, I want to be with my mom, but I can't do all that because of the curse and that stupid piece of paper I didn't even know what it was for.

(The loosing card I'll some day lay,
So this is all I have to say...)

Maybe I should just tell mom and I can get out of this mess one way or the other... maybe I'm wrong about those missing me.

(Suicide is painless,
It brings on many changes
And I can take or leave it
If I please)

At first I thought I could handle this. I'm Ranma Saotomae, and I never loose! I could handle this just fine.

(The sword of time will pierce our skin
It doesn't hurt when it begins)

But now... a suicide contract, some forgetful boy strains whatever relationship me and Akane have, the fiancée's attacks are getting worse and worse... sometimes, I just want to shout `END IT NOW! I HAD IT!'

(But as it works it way on in,
The pain grows stronger,
Watch it grin)

Honestly, I have and you know what? Its time that I made my own life. My own choices with Akane, the fiancées, mom, everything.

(Suicide is painless
It brings on many changes
And I can take or leave it
If I please)

One thing I'm going to do is only preserve honor if it doesn't damage others' honor. I'm going to tell Akane both my feelings and about pig boy. Heh... lying to her and always blaming me... and he wonders why they ain't in a relationship.

(A brave man once requested me,
To answer questions that are key)

I remember when he said that Akane trusts him and I laughed.

("Is it to be or not to be?")

He asked what was so funny. Like I was going to tell him the obvious.

(And I replied
"Oh why ask me?")

But first things first, before any of that, I have one very important thing to take care of, and I got the tea kettle to do it.

(Suicide is painless,
It brings on many changes
And I can take or leave it
If I please)

And if she says the contract is to be held up? Feh. I got a girl here and that's good enough reason to stay.
"Auntie!" I call from the top of the stairs. After she answers, I reply "Can you come up here a minute? I want to show you something."

(And you can do the same thing
If you please)
Sign up to rate and review this story