Categories > Anime/Manga > Full Metal Alchemist > Cynophobia

Epilogue

by LyrisMalachi 0 reviews

The final chapter of "Cynophobia".

Category: Full Metal Alchemist - Rating: G - Genres: Humor - Characters: Heymans Breda - Published: 2005-07-06 - Updated: 2005-07-06 - 347 words

2Original
Breda finished with a sigh of relief and finished his new drink in several large gulps. He hadn't seen the server bring it, but then, he didn't care. It calmed his nerves enough for him to look at the men sitting around the table. He silently dared them to comment.

"Puppies swarming you?" Belle asked. "Sounds pretty scary." Breda couldn't tell if he was being sarcastic or not.

Havoc tossed him the roll of money. "Here ya go. You earned it. Another hand?"

Renalds finished his drink and tossed money on the table in front of him before standing. "I can't. If I don't get home soon, the missus'll have my head." With a nod, he left the bar.

The remaining men played two more hands before Pierce and Belle gave up as well. "If we keep playing, you'll own our houses too," the former said.

"Good night," Belle said. "You'll have to give us a chance to win it all back."

"Of course," Havoc said with a grin, taking out another cigarette. He turned to Breda. "What do you say?"

"No way. I'd end up confessing everything to you. Besides, it's getting late."

Havoc shrugged and removed the cigarette long enough to finish his drink. He gathered his winnings and left a large tip for the waitress. On their way out, he winked at the woman, causing her to giggle again. Breda looked around for the barkeeper, but she was gone. Damn his luck.

Outside, the rain had cleared up, leaving behind a thick cloud cover. Havoc snuffed the butt of his cigarette under his heel.

"I didn't know you had a sister. She still mad at you?"

He shook his head. "We made up and we get along fine now."

"Is she hot?"

Breda turned to the first lieutenant, jaw dropping. "She's my sister!"

"So that's a no?"

"I'm not discussing my sister's attractiveness with you!" He stormed off into the night.

"Good night, Lieutenant!" Havoc called. Breda threw a curse over his shoulder and Havoc chuckled as he pulled out his pack of cigarettes.
Sign up to rate and review this story