Categories > Anime/Manga > Fruits Basket > Furuba Fairy Tales

Three Little Pigs

by baka_neko 2 reviews

Three little drabbles: Kyo builds houses out of straw, wood and bricks.

Category: Fruits Basket - Rating: G - Genres: Drama - Characters: Hatori, Kagura, Kyo, Tohru, Yuki - Warnings: [!!] - Published: 2005-07-06 - Updated: 2005-07-06 - 376 words

5Insightful
Three Little Pigs

"The first little pig built his house out of straw, while the second little pig built his house out of sticks. But the third little pig built his out of bricks."

Kyo has an absolute talent for breaking things, which is barely matched by his ability to fix things, a necessary skill he's learnt since Shigure set him to repair all the damage he and Yuki cause with their fights. He doesn't do it on purpose, but things around him break anyway, just because he is the way he is.

Naturally, his ability to build things is terrible too.

One - The Straw House

He remembered her reading him fairy tales from a book as they crouched together in the grass, and he was so grateful then, because she wasn't afraid. But he knew too, by the way she came to him, by the look on her face, that she was doing it for herself. But he said nothing for the longest time, because he'd been so lonely. But houses of straw don't last, and he feels bad when he has to tell Kagura the truth.

But a house of straw is a house of straw-- it comes apart in a single breath. This way, maybe they can build something new and better.

Two - The House of Sticks

When Sensei ripped the seal bracelet off his wrist, he'd thought his heart had shattered in that moment. Like a whirlwind bearing down on his feeble heart, blowing it apart and smashing it all to splinters.

But he's learnt that there's no wolf at his door, and Tohru showed him that houses that come apart can also be built again, especially if the foundations still remain.

And this time, it would be nice to build it together with Sensei, with him taking an equal share this time.

Three - My House of Bricks

Shigure's house is in traditional style, made of wood, bamboo and paper, but a real home takes time, as he's learnt the hard way. Brick by brick of living together and learning how to live with others and cemented by Tohru. One day, he'll have a real home of bricks, and maybe then he'll be able to ask Tohru to share it with him.
Sign up to rate and review this story