Categories > Anime/Manga > Full Metal Alchemist

Through My Eyes

by ChuChu101 1 review

Ed tells Al how bad he feels one night about what's happened. Just a little oneshot of brotherly love.

Category: Full Metal Alchemist - Rating: PG - Genres: Angst, Humor - Characters: Alphonse Elric, Edward Elric - Warnings: [!] - Published: 2006-10-16 - Updated: 2006-10-17 - 921 words - Complete

0Unrated
Through My Eyes

By

ChuChu101

Summary: Just a little one-shot about Ed and Al. Ed's brotherly love for Al and his feelings of sadness and regret.

Author's Note: This is my first FMA fanfic here. So, feel free to review with constructive criticism. I plan to make loads more FMA fanfics in the future. I was inspired to write this after I reading "Memory of Melissa" by ShadowCloud62. She's my favorite author of all time, and I think she makes the best stories! All of them, I love.

Ed sat under the tree in front of the Rockbell home. It was a cool, breezy night, and the only sound that could be heard was the rustling of the leaves in the tree and the howling of the wind.

He was slouching his back against the huge tree trunk, with his right elbow propped against it and his left leg up so his knee was bent. Ed held the metal pocket watch in his right hand, which had its usual white glove on. He flicked it open. 11:50 P.M.

Ed sighed as he closed the watch . He had a very somber look on his face as he looked up at the night sky filled with millions of stars twinkling back.

Then, he heard the creaking door open, and then heavy footsteps against the front porch.

Ed didn't bother to turn around to see who it was. The footsteps got closer and louder, even against the grass.

When they finally stopped, Ed said, without turning his head, "Al..."

"Brother," the younger Elric sibling started.

Ed turned around to face his younger brother. He looked up to see the huge suit of armor staring back at him.

"It's getting late. You should come inside now," Al stated.

Ed turned his head down as he looked at the green grass that was blowing in the evening wind.

"Brother, what's wrong?" Al asked with concern in his voice.

"Nothing, Al." Ed hadn't moved and only spoke, avoiding his brother's gaze.

For a few moments, neither brother moved or spoke, but then Al sighed and sat down cross-legged next to Ed, the creaking of the metal braking the all the other peaceful sounds that night.

"Tell me what's on your mind, Ed. You never stay this late unless something is bothering you."

Ed winced. He hated how Al was always right. He fought back the lump that was forming in his throat and his stinging eyes.

"I," Ed barely managed to get out, "-I"

Al only sat there, listening to his older brother struggle to get out the words that expressed his thoughts.

Ed hung his head down low.

"I'm so sorry, Al," Ed whispered hoarsely as his whole body started to shake from his stifled crying.

Al sat up straighter.

"Why... what for?" Al asked with with worry in his voice.

Ed's body shook even more as he tried to speak.

"...for...for everything. For everything, Al."

Ed finally turned his face to look up at Al.

Al saw that Ed's eyes were red and glistening with unushed tears that he tried so hard to keep in.

Al didn't know what to say. So, he just kept silent as he looked at his older brother, Ed, a state alchemist, a role model for himself, his only family left.

Ed continued, "I'm just so sorry for everything that's happened. For trying to bring back mom, making you lose your whole body with only your soul left, stuck in a suit of armor. For all I've put you through. For being a failure. For letting you down. For just, just everything! I'm sorry, okay!"

Al's eyes were wide. "Brother."

"I'm sorry," Ed said in a hoarse whisper again.

"Brother."

Ed felt the big, metal hand on his shoulder. He lifted his buried teary-eyed face from his hands and looked into the face of Al.

"Ed, don't say that. Sure, we've all made mistakes before, but we have to move forward. We all have to put the past behind and move forward for the future. After all, we've only wanted to return to our normal bodies ever since we tried to see mom again. That's the only one true thing we've really wanted, isn't it?"

Ed just stared at his younger brother. "Al," he said exactly the way he said it when Al stopped him from killing Barry the chopper.

"Besides, through my eyes, you're the best person I know. You're the one person I can't live without, and I look up to you. All those things that you said you were sorry for, they don't matter to me. Even if you tried to do the worst thing possible, I'd still forgive you. Don't you see, Ed? Those things don't matter to me."

Ed was silent, stunned by what all of Al had said. Finally, he smiled.

"Thanks, Al. I guess I was kinda stupid for saying that."

"Some things don't change." Al said waving his hand.

"Hey! Shut up!" Ed punched Al.

Al continued, "Just like how short you are!"

Ed stiffened.

"WHO'D YOU CALL A PUNY BEAN THAT NO ONE CAN SEE AND HAS TO BE LOOKED THROUGH A MAGNIFY GLASS?"

Ed started chasing Al around in his anger.

"Uh... I didn't mean it, Brother! Ah!" Al jumped as Ed tried to hit him.

As the two Elric brothers ran around that night, the stars above in the sky twinkled as they watched all that was happening below.

Well, I hoped you liked it! Reviews are appreciated!
Sign up to rate and review this story