Categories > Games > Kingdom Hearts

"My Sanctuary"

by acireflux00 0 reviews

A short story. Sora and Riku discuss past events and talk a little about the future. Will there be a future? (it's not really a romance or anything so I don't know what to put there =/) [[ PLEASE R...

Category: Kingdom Hearts - Rating: G - Genres: Romance - Characters: Riku, Sora - Warnings: [!!] [?] - Published: 2006-10-17 - Updated: 2006-10-17 - 518 words - Complete

0Unrated
-hope you like :) please review it and tell me what you think!-
---


Riku rubbed his nose and swung his legs back and forth as they hung off the edge of the papou tree. Sora stood against the tree with hands behind his head.

"Hey Riku.." Sora called for him in a quizzical tone. Riku regarded him and stopped moving.

"Yeah?" He replied. Sora kept his eyes on the horizon and shifted his weight.

"Do you think light will ever over power dark?" He asked, uncertain if his question had even come out right. Riku smiled and looked ahead of him. He jumped off the tree and walked towards the edge of the land that plunged out of their island above the water line. He folded his arms and lowered his eyes over the horizon.

"Will dark ever over power light?" He asked in return. He looked back at Sora who had a slightly concerned look on his face.

"Riku.." He said quietly. Riku laughed softly and turned away again.

"I'm only kidding.." He stated truthfully. Not even he held all the answers. Sora stepped beside him and watched the waves climb up and down the shore.

"Xemnas.. Tried so hard to gather and steal every heart that he could.. What happens if he tries again? Or.." He was stopped mid sentence when Riku turned to him and put a hand over his mouth.

"We destroyed Xemnas. The hearts are safe.. And no matter how far you travel or however many heartless and nobodies you strike down with your key blade, you'll never be able to get them all." He exclaimed. Sora sighed and turned slightly to his side.

"Well, you never know." Sora commented. Riku smiled and placed a hand on his shoulder.

"You worry yourself too much about it." Sora frowned and looked up into his eyes.

"I worry about you the most.. When I first found you.. I.."

'It's Riku! Riku's here!!'

He paused then continued.

"I didn't want you to ever leave my sight again."

Riku continued smiling but didn't say anything. Sora let out a small sigh and turned towards the bridge.

"I always thought of this island as the only place I could consider home. The only safe haven I could really run too. As long as you were..." He cut off his sentence, trailing off. Riku listened but still said nothing. Sora became nervous and faltered in his thoughts. He couldn't decide whether he should tell Riku now or wait for another time. But would he get another chance? Would Riku really stay here that long with him? Or would he disappear into the darkness?

Sora touched his lips and for a brief second was brought back to a moment when the large wave swallowed them up and Riku had finally caught him. He shook his head and looked up realizing Riku had been watching him. His face instantly went pink and he quickly looked away.

"Riku, you won't leave will you?" Riku didn't respond at first then he sat down and closed his eyes.

"No.. My sanctuary is here."

THE END
Sign up to rate and review this story